Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6051 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

The way we're playing, we should be smashed.
I loved our comeback and the way it appeared to mean something to the players, but our small forward issues are killing us. We're not allowing H or Charlie to get the ball.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
We won't get smashed.  Collingwood will conserve some energy knowing that they can run over the top of us and we won't play more than a half of football.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
I think it’s going to be an ugly ugly day.

Reply #3
We will win.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
We will win.
I think we are chance too but will need some injury help. Collingwood are very down on numbers and have heard both Daicos boys are very sore and should be managed but they can't afford to rest them.
That has to bite them soon as does having
no tall defenders fit.
Two must games I like to win are vs Collingwood and Essendon during the season. That's all I expect this team to deliver....that's not too hard a task is it ?

Reply #5
We are just a horrible team forward of centre right now. Collingwood have the cattle to tie down Charlie and H or minimise their impact - we have no other consistent avenue to hit the scoreboard.

Reply #6
We are just a horrible team forward of centre right now. Collingwood have the cattle to tie down Charlie and H or minimise their impact - we have no other consistent avenue to hit the scoreboard.

Harry owes us a big one, this week vs a undersized defense is his chance.
Harry to kick 5...

Reply #7
Harry owes us a big one, this week vs a undersized defense is his chance.
Harry to kick 5...
From your mouth to God's ears! He really needs something like that.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
I am an optimist and we seem to play better at the G than at Marvel, so I will keep the faith - IF the MC makes some better decisions than has recently been the case.

Hope Cottrell pulls up well - I really enjoyed watching one of players using his eyes before kicking the ball to someone in the same colour jersey.

Reply #9
I think we are chance too but will need some injury help. Collingwood are very down on numbers and have heard both Daicos boys are very sore and should be managed but they can't afford to rest them.
That has to bite them soon as does having
no tall defenders fit.
Two must games I like to win are vs Collingwood and Essendon during the season. That's all I expect this team to deliver....that's not too hard a task is it ?

Sorry, EB1, you're dreaming.

Reply #10
The top 8 teams we played so far we are worse off on average approx 4 goals.
We have the same points against as Brisbane and better points against than Port and Geelong. So I think our defence is top eight material

Points for in terms of hitting the scoreboard we are woeful. It's not bottom four - but somewhere between 14th and 10th.

We changed coaches last year and got the defensive side of the game in order. If the defensive side of the game can hold-up I think ball movement and small forward mix needs not an adjustment but a complete overhaul.

Reply #12
Time for a reality check. A couple of years ago Weitering was bereft of confidence, had a week in the 2s and came back firing.
Out:  Weitering  Cincotta Acres
In:  Boyd, Binns, Kemp

Collingwood aren't exceptionally tall up forward and we need more pace. Young, MGovern, Kemp can handle the talls, Boyd give us pace and kicking accuracy and Binns deserves a go....Acres deserves a rest!

Reply #13
Anyone know if theres any restrictions around the quantity of Vaseline your aloud to take into the MCG?
This ones gonna hurt...

Reply #14
Pies will rub our noses in it. They will relish the opportunity to stick it to an old foe and give us the killer punch like they did in the last round last year.

We have no Mongrel and are devoid from a true follow me type leader. We are playing with no belief and doubt we have the mental capacity in this group to use a massive game against such a mentally strong group of players in collingwood to get that confidence back.

Not expecting a thrashing but will be a very comfortable pies win 35-50 points.