Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 10 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 5149 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 10 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #60
We've only had 1 out of our last 4 coaches (includes voss) make it past year 2 without being declared a failure and pretty sure Bolton was on thin ice when it happened. 

Just remember I called it first.  Voss has 4 weeks left.

Surely not! (opinion respected tho)
Where's their learn from the past nous?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #62
And we did it last year with half a side most weeks.
Comp is tougher now, teams have improved that were not expected too.
Even Geelong are struggling and Richmond look gone, we haven't improved to the extent some of the other teams have. There are 2-3 very poor teams but the rest I couldn't be confident of winning against and putting the house on us giving consistent effort which is what wins games as much as talent now.
We have as much talent as most but our effort factor is unreliable and I don't know how you coach effort which should be a given if you are a good team.

Reply #63
Did not look like very much AT ALL to me, but I'm sure the media will be pumping it up

Reply #64
We just lost by 5 goals with more scoring shots to a team with a 20-2 W/L over the last 12 months, the current flag favourites, Voss is coaching with one eye on the team and one eye over his shoulder, and people say he's no good and has to go. Like that move has worked well in the past.

Reply #67
Comp is tougher now, teams have improved that were not expected too.
Even Geelong are struggling and Richmond look gone, we haven't improved to the extent some of the other teams have. There are 2-3 very poor teams but the rest I couldn't be confident of winning against and putting the house on us giving consistent effort which is what wins games as much as talent now.
We have as much talent as most but our effort factor is unreliable and I don't know how you coach effort which should be a given if you are a good team.

We started well with 3 wins and a draw from our first 4 games.
Got ahead of ourselves and now its come back to bite us.
We'll work through it and realise that you have to be 100%, 100% of the time to be a legitimate competitor in this league.
Not there yet.
Hardly panic stations though.

Reply #68

That's it ?

Thats all i could find. *shrugs*

Voss clearly annoyed with the last comments there. You can lip read some of it.

Reply #69
Did not look like very much AT ALL to me, but I'm sure the media will be pumping it up

Doesn't look at all like an argument to me.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #70
We just lost by 5 goals with more scoring shots to a team with a 20-2 W/L over the last 12 months, the current flag favourites, Voss is coaching with one eye on the team and one eye over his shoulder, and people say he's no good and has to go. Like that move has worked well in the past.
the scoring shots favoured us dramatically.   How many of those scoring shots were long kicks punched over the line rushed? 5.

Take those out of the equation because quite a few were not likely to score and how does it look?

Putrid.  The game was done halfway through the first quarter and we all knew it.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
We started well with 3 wins and a draw from our first 4 games.
Got ahead of ourselves and now its come back to bite us.
We'll work through it and realise that you have to be 100%, 100% of the time to be a legitimate competitor in this league.
Not there yet.
Hardly panic stations though.
Got carried away with a draw vs Richmond who are crap and got a win vs a injury hit hung over Geelong that inflated belief and expectations.
And yep got ahead of ourselves....lose vs the Injury hit Swans and we will be relying on other teams losing and that never works..

Reply #73
the scoring shots favoured us dramatically.   How many of those scoring shots were long kicks punched over the line rushed? 5.

Take those out of the equation because quite a few were not likely to score and how does it look?

Putrid.  The game was done halfway through the first quarter and we all knew it.

I'm not suggesting we would have won, and I'm certainly not suggesting we were the better team, but the caterwauling and head hunting and wobblies that get thrown seem a big overreaction IMO.

Reply #74

Look at the stats and across the board it was an 'even' contest.
Same inside 50's
Same tackles
Similar contested possessions
Similar turnovers
Similar 1%
Similar disposal efficiency (we actually had slightly better)
Same efficiency inside 50.

Ultimately, they converted, we did not.
They were under less pressure than we were under, all over the ground, including in front of goal.

A bit more luck in front of goal, tables are turned, pressure is reversed, its game on.
But they got too much too soon and blew us out of the water. We came back but they are too good to let us make a difference.