Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 11 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Sydney (Read 5124 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 11 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #60
The injuries are a positive.

They force the change we couldn't otherwise make.  Whilst they're not world beaters, guys like dow, fisher and fogarty are going to get a shot in the midfield and o brien might get his chance on the wing again. He'll silvagni might play as a rover for a bit.

The cupboard is a bit bare at the moment but it means things will be a bit different.  Now we'll see what else we can try.

That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

On the other hand Melbourne will go into the game full of confidence....and that may be their undoing.

Reply #61
I see it as a positive as well.  The only way our moronic MC will make changes is if they are forced too. NFI - like the entire club
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #62
Opinions are divided...
Voss's press conference on the Carlton Facebook page has...

1 love
37 likes
9 sad faces
48 angry faces
and 20 folks are just straight out laughing.

Reply #63
Tassie BLUES!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #64
That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

On the other hand Melbourne will go into the game full of confidence....and that may be their undoing.

Agree and dare I say just look over the other side of rhe Nullarbor to get a vision of where we could be headed, shudder!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
Why are we where we are !?! This is getting back to the Pagan days.  WHAT IS THE INTRINSIC 🦆ING Problem with this mob !?!
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #66
On the Front Bar a few weeks back Fev did a simple demonstration of how he used to hold the ball with one hand lower on the ball at the drop.
Just saw one of the Swannies holding it in a similar fashion.
Have a look at the goalkicking this week and you may see that there are a few using that technique when shooting for goal.
Just something different for Harry to try.

Reply #67
Horse did a number on Vossy in the coaching box. Vossy is too often out coached - lacks imagination, strategic boldness and adaptability.

Confidence is rooted. Tried to be more attacking, but with stuffed confidence just continued to make breathtaking mistakes... which only further erodes confidence - vicious cycle. (Eg H).

Poor on-field and off-field leadership. We have the players but they're being poorly led - the proof is on the paddock. The imperative between the lugholes stuff is just not be addressed, fed and given meaningful direction. Our blokes are not enjoying their footy.

Visionless MC. If Lloyd had any integrity he'd resign, now - lack of player development and leadership is an embarrassment. Need a Balme type running the footy department.

We are a bottom 6 side who give great effort but are rudderless.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #68
In short Baggers we are demoralised. We need to recover by getting back to basics and doing them well. I could not agree more about onfield leadership which is sadly lacking and maybe subservient to over concerns  with personal vanities?

Reply #69
Ok, so it's now the next day. Some of the anger does subside but the realities of the situation become clearer.
We have lost confidence as a group which has put a lot of players in "survival" mode and hence they play selfish football and the team suffers.
The 1%'s disappear as per Gov in a 2 on one not shepparding for his mate but grabbing the Sydney guy by the arm giving away the free kick leading to a goal.
The problems are everywhere and are not going to be fixed overnight;
* Poor skills by hand and foot
* Poor kicking fir goal
* Lack of onfield leadership
* One paced around ball - no explosiveness out of stoppage
You guys know the rest, the list goes on.

Solutions;
I agree with a previous post. Voss needs some quality outside support to come in and work on the issues  Clearly those doing the job now are not capable.
We need to sort out the playing list in the back half of the year. Who is capable of taking us forward and who is not. Forget wins and losses  Be brave, use the rest of the season to sort though the issues.
Leadership will be critical from now on.
Do we have the leaders at the top to do this? Will it happen?  If history is any guide, the answer is "No" to both.
But doing more of the same will just mean we will stay mid to low tier as a club.

Reply #70
We could list the ills of this game and club and break the server.

A standout marker for the collective failure is the continued selection of Ed Curnow. I don't know the fellow, and have no interest in picking on him as a person. Nevertheless he is 33. His disposal has never been at AFL standard, and appears to offer little in the way of direction to younger players. He is undersized and stays on the deck. His standout act on the field is the high hack kick.

So why is Ed Curnow playing? There is absolutely no valid reason for his selection. I thought 5 years ago that if he was still playing for us at league level then we were going nowhere. Yet here we are. It sets poor expectations of everyone. Having a go and the brother of a star player reeks of favouritism, poor standards and a general absence of accountability at the club.

Reply #71
Cripps has been smashed by Dunkley and Heeney.
Stop Cripps stop Carlton. Need to change things up and play Cripps forward maybe.
Maybe Wet Toast can give us a couple of good picks for Fish and Cripps. Will be crippled in the short term but type of decisions club needs to make if we dont make finals mathematically we are still in it.

Reply #72
We could list the ills of this game and club and break the server.

A standout marker for the collective failure is the continued selection of Ed Curnow. I don't know the fellow, and have no interest in picking on him as a person. Nevertheless he is 33. His disposal has never been at AFL standard, and appears to offer little in the way of direction to younger players. He is undersized and stays on the deck. His standout act on the field is the high hack kick.

So why is Ed Curnow playing? There is absolutely no valid reason for his selection. I thought 5 years ago that if he was still playing for us at league level then we were going nowhere. Yet here we are. It sets poor expectations of everyone. Having a go and the brother of a star player reeks of favouritism, poor standards and a general absence of accountability at the club.

Totally agree, it shows lack of selection integrity

Reply #73
Forward line
FF: Motlop     TDK   Cripps
HF: Fisher    Charlie    Fogarty

Reply #74
Cripps has been smashed by Dunkley and Heeney.
Stop Cripps stop Carlton. Need to change things up and play Cripps forward maybe.
Maybe Wet Toast can give us a couple of good picks for Fish and Cripps. Will be crippled in the short term but type of decisions club needs to make if we dont make finals mathematically we are still in it.

Imo there is a lot of truth in what you are saying Pinot. I have been having similar thoughts myself.