Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 12 Post Game Passing Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 3959 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 12 Post Game Passing Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
Need a player like Fritsch who can be that reliable creative inbetween sized forward rather than just have all talls(Charlie and Harry) and all smalls(Motlop, Owies etc) given our smalls have zero marking ability and dont get much ground ball.

Reply #31
Absolutely. However he was our first pick, number 3? In that draft. And he’s been BOG mostly in VFL games yet the same guys get a run, this one does not get a look in 🤷🏻‍♀️
He might be BoG of the Carlton listed players, but often our VFL team is best serviced by the VFL players which for me has always been a problem.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Also, CFC, you have killed our enjoyment of watching our team - yes we want to win but if we don’t we at least want to enjoy the journey. Now we enjoy uhhhhhh NOTHING!

Okay, positives - Weiters was great…..

Uhhhhh

HARRY! Stoked for him! Great game 👏🏽

Didn’t realise a great game by H meant a nothing game by Charlie?

CFC
please, let them loose, ffs. You’re killing us, watching these poor blokes run around with NFI!

Reply #33
I call bulldust.  He showed a heck of a lot more than some very highly rated and very much underperforming players ATM.  He needs to play a decent block of games and get a chance to show his worth.

MacGovern is dropping pies, holds it for eternity killing momentum then fluffs the disposal.  We can't carry this spud any longer.  Kemp is a far better player anyways
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #34
What was that famous line?

DONT THINK—— DO!

I feel Sorry for the players, they hesitate way too much. They don’t do the basics and THINK.

It’s sad to watch.

Anyway I’m not apportioning blame, just trying to understand wtf is going on!

Reply #35
The game plan is in tatters and our season is officially over

There is simply not enough movement ahead of the ball and limited defensive structure behind it - Carlton have absolutely no idea how to create space for players to run into and lack creativity and dare. We are boring and predictable to our opposition and everybody watching the game.

Acres is so slow and is officially a liability
Walsh has fallen so far it’s not funny, ditto Kennedy
Our rucks and small forwards are not where we need them  to be
Dow is in our top 10 and we play him in the 2s??

All so depressing

Reply #36
Also just out of curiosity who makes up the Match Committee each week? Is it the same guys every week?

Reply #38
I can't get out of my mind a passage of play in the second quarter when we ran the ball close to the half forward line and our player chose to kick long and high to Motlop who was caught out standing between two Melbourne players who were at least 15 centimetres taller.

Of course the ball was immediately sent back to their forward line with our players out of position.

The only people I can commend are our fitness staff.  Because of brain fades and  such poor skill levels which cause so many turnovers during a game, our players must expend at least twenty five percent more energy than the opposition players,  yet they are able to keep disappointing supporters for the full four quarters.

Reply #39
The game plan is in tatters - someone better tell Voss that it has been found at last.

Dow is in our top 10 - I beg to differ -and we play him in the 2s - because that is where he is most suited.

Reply #40
Cripps and Walsh were very average as bad as small forwards and Lob that cost us a couple of goals.

If Cripps doesn't lead by example this team will lose.

On the positives - Kemp continues to grow his game, I felt that Cerra tried to do it all himself and stood up with no support

Saad starting to get back some form. TDK competed well and s a big improvement from beginning of the year

Reply #41
How many 4q i50's went directly to their defenders. That's not acceptable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #42
The boys gave good effort and never gave up, against what is a star studded, experienced, stable, premiership winning top 4 team, which has been up and about for a while now. But it's the same old story : ball use, ball use and ball use. Whether this is a time issue or a personnel issue, I have no idea.

Reply #43
The boys gave good effort and never gave up, against what is a star studded, experienced, stable, premiership winning top 4 team, which has been up and about for a while now. But it's the same old story : ball use, ball use and ball use. Whether this is a time issue or a personnel issue, I have no idea.
I didn't doubt the effort, but I thought both sides were very average.  Melbourne also had a lot of significant outs, but IMHO, they looked like a middle of the pack team last night.

On the times when we took the game on and ran, we looked ok.  But it was the same old story for 90% of the night - stagnant, predictable football, which is so easy to defend against.

One last thing - LOB, hand in the #4 guernsey, son, just not up to it.   Get the Binns kid in for the rest of the year.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #44
I can't get out of my mind a passage of play in the second quarter when we ran the ball close to the half forward line and our player chose to kick long and high to Motlop who was caught out standing between two Melbourne players who were at least 15 centimetres taller.

Of course the ball was immediately sent back to their forward line with our players out of position.

The only people I can commend are our fitness staff.  Because of brain fades and  such poor skill levels which cause so many turnovers during a game, our players must expend at least twenty five percent more energy than the opposition players,  yet they are able to keep disappointing supporters for the full four quarters.

I vividly recall that kick and remarking to myself at the time "WTF!".
Reality always wins in the end.