Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2023 Rd 12 Carlton vs Essendon at Carlton (Read 2559 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL 2023 Rd 12 Carlton vs Essendon at Carlton

Reply #30
Pls take cunners off.  I’m becoming nervous that something is about to break tear or pull.

Reply #32
Really pulling away from them at the moment

Reply #33
Pls take cunners off.  I’m becoming nervous that something is about to break tear or pull.
Yep, I've seen enough. Get the cotton wool out NOW

Reply #34
LOB punched the ball in bound to the top of our goal square. He just has a poor football IQ.
this is surely coachable?

I understand that we aren't all born geniuses but fork me dead if you can't teach a player how to play smart football then I don't know what coaches are for.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #35
Won by 31pts.

Reply #36
Cuningham has been very classy but its the same deal as always, one bad knock and back to square one. Id play him next week vs GC while he is firing and fit.
Fogarty is a goer, lacks class but you get effort....

I like the new full forward from the mid season draft for Essendon in Jayden Hunter...kicks like an arrow, taken 9 marks and he will be playing senior footy sooner than later and I still reckon Nick Bryan is a ruckman who should be playing senior football every week and Id be interested in taking him off Essendon if TDK leaves.

Reply #37
Bryan is much too good for this level.
Good in the ruck and picks up lots of possessions around the ground.

Reply #38
Cuningham has been very classy but its the same deal as always, one bad knock and back to square one. Id play him next week vs GC while he is firing and fit.
Fogarty is a goer, lacks class but you get effort....

I like the new full forward from the mid season draft for Essendon in Jayden Hunter...kicks like an arrow, taken 9 marks and he will be playing senior footy sooner than later and I still reckon Nick Bryan is a ruckman who should be playing senior football every week and Id be interested in taking him off Essendon if TDK leaves.

Cunningham's class and speed is evident, if his body can hold up he should be in the 1s maybe after the bye. He possesses everything we lack, his problem (like Martin) is just being able to play 2 or 3 games in a row. He was saying in the post match interview he has missed 18mths with a calf.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #39
Bryan is much too good for this level.
Good in the ruck and picks up lots of possessions around the ground.
Yep its his around the ground stuff especially his marking I like, has a bit of Tim English about how he plays.

Reply #40
this is surely coachable?

I understand that we aren't all born geniuses but fork me dead if you can't teach a player how to play smart football then I don't know what coaches are for.

The one in rd 22 last year against Melbourne that cost us the match was highlighted on all the shows and he hasn't learned from it.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #41
Cunningham's class and speed is evident, if his body can hold up he should be in the 1s maybe after the bye. He possesses everything we lack, his problem (like Martin) is just being able to play 2 or 3 games in a row. He was saying in the post match interview he has missed 18mths with a calf.
Id be playing him next week while his body is travelling well.......GC dont play a heavy gamestyle and I think its now or never for him. Id have Fogarty in as well and if Cahill was a listed player Id be playing him too.

Reply #42
Funny, it's looking very possible a lot of Carlton players will be playing finals in their last games with the club. ;)

Reply #43
It's a bit of a shame some of the players developing very well in the VFL aren't our listed players.
There are quite a few who look likely.
I guess it's the expense of supporting that second (and third tier) comp that stops it from being a total club project as in the old days, where players could progress through the under19's to reserves to seniors.

Reply #44
Just read his great grandfather played 200 games for us.
And his Uncles Barry and John played in the 60s 70s
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time