Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon (Read 4574 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 13 2023 Post Game Postulations Carlton vs Essendon

Reply #30
So Cripps doesn't play for a couple of weeks, I doubt it will affect our season much. Cunningham to come back hopefully, play Dow for an extended period in his preferred position, play Kennedy rotating out of the forward pocket and midfield. Time to try something new.

Reply #31
Dow must start next game.  Binns and Fog as well. Cunners sub.

I'd be tempted to try Fog in a BP as Boyd as a small defender is a waste of time. Delist.

There's a long list of blokes out of form but JSOS is so slow it's painful to watch.  It's him or Kennedy, changing across half forward.  Ruck MacG if relief is required.

Cincotta and Kemp are two of the positives from this year IMO.  Surely there's more rookie gold to find, if only we looked for it.
Prof, Cuningham has to start in the middle we just have no run at all, Binns should have played as should have Fogarty. Yep Fogarty aint quick but he has a go and can stick a tackle.
Id put Dow on a wing, our present wingers just cant go with the quicker opposition types. Martin smashed us tonight and Im not sure what Acres is bringing given most of his kicks are high loopy floaters banged anywhere.
Dont think Jack can command a place anymore as a forward or as a defender and we cant add him to our slow as treacle midfield either....going to have to be some serious conversations about his future at season end.

Reply #32
I was trying to be kind EB, I think his lack of pace has caught up with him and I fear JSoS is finished.  He can't get separation and we don't deliver the ball well enough to exploit any space he creates.

The example in the last where he squared a pass inboard to Motlop (who messed it up)...he started 20 metres clear and almost got run down.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #33
This is a list issue and the list manager needs to go
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #34
Walsh....something isnt right, he gets the ball but just has no impact, nothing comes from his work and as has been suggested by other posters maybe his back isnt right.

Brought him back way too early.

Reply #35
This is a list issue and the list manager needs to go

One year we are the most exciting side to watch, decent skills, nearly making finals with just half a side every week, the next year the most boring and least skilled. What has changed?

Attitude and culture issue. Until that's fixed you could put the very best players in the competition in our side and we'd still go crap.

Of course lists can be improved, like any list.

Reply #36
This is bad - real bad. Its not the players its the culture of the club.

We have a very good list but if key players like Cripps that are not performing its hard for the rest when the rest ARE pulling thier weight,.

Sorry but it's time to put Cripps on trading table or drop him to VFL.

Reply #37
Prof, Cuningham has to start in the middle we just have no run at all, Binns should have played as should have Fogarty. Yep Fogarty aint quick but he has a go and can stick a tackle.
Id put Dow on a wing, our present wingers just cant go with the quicker opposition types. Martin smashed us tonight and Im not sure what Acres is bringing given most of his kicks are high loopy floaters banged anywhere.
Dont think Jack can command a place anymore as a forward or as a defender and we cant add him to our slow as treacle midfield either....going to have to be some serious conversations about his future at season end.

We actually played Fisher at half back today and he gave us plenty.

Reply #38
This is bad - real bad. Its not the players its the culture of the club.

We have a very good list but if key players like Cripps that are not performing its hard for the rest when the rest ARE pulling thier weight,.

Sorry but it's time to put Cripps on trading table or drop him to VFL.

I would 'rest' him and allow him time to get his body right. Perhaps a few weeks off and head back to WA.

Reply #39
Its not the players nor the coach just want to get it out there

Reply #40
Its not the players nor the coach just want to get it out there

Who is it then, us supporters?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #41
I would 'rest' him and allow him time to get his body right. Perhaps a few weeks off and head back to WA.

Few weeks is permanent in my view one good season in four years is - there is the door go and find it Thank you for your services.

It's time to get Ruthless.

Reply #42
Who is it then, us supporters?

I think the problem is with the board giving too much influence towards Cripps.

I love him but it's time for him to go.

Reply #43
Cerra is a win but Acres is a fail. Total waste of money in my opinion. Never sold on him. Plays 2 great games then 4 or 5 B-grade efforts, if not complete crapters. Disposal accuracy is definitely questionable. Especially under pressure. Not that quick. Not a tackle machine. I would drop him for something in youth. Our season is all but over. Get the kids in. They may step up and at least develop at top level.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #44
Acres is a future third round pick on $300k..... he is the least of our problems

Club just needs to be not "smart" because they are quite dumb.... but ruthless in list management decisions because past six weeks have been unacceptable and its not the coach,, players look conditional on which games to play well. There is always the VFL for them.