Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 14 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 5147 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 14 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #135
Absolutely love this.

Those abusive supporters gave us all a really bad name - I want them named and shamed and memberships - if they have them - removed.  We have no right to tell personal abuse at players for losing a game ffs! We can be frustrated we can be angry we can be anything we want, but as Harry’s mum says in this article, there is a line of decency that should not be crossed, and they bound over it. Scumbags.

Yesterdays at my kids bball game another parent - who doesn’t follow AFL but knows I am Carlton - immediately brought up the abuse and said it was everywhere apparently, Carlton supporters screaming at their players that their families should be embarrassed! Your supporters are feral, they said to me.

I was on level 2 and missed it all until seeing it on the news and reading it here. Absolutely unacceptable.

Reply #136
I've read enough, our next Captain ;)

Reply #137
Nice read, thanks for posting.
It’s good to humanise footballers.
Also good to disprove the “theory” of people who can “look” laconic…
Lambs comments were interesting too.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #138
Hard to imagine the person / academic described in the article is the same one that hangs sh!zen on his brother in the podcast!

I'd be weighting my assessment on all the evidence before we elect him Australia's 1st President!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #139
Glad to see Paddy D as the sub. No disrespect to Ed C but a conservative sub isn't the answer - Paddy has earned his senior opportunities.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #140
Can't for the life of me understand why we start favourites. Yet here we are.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.