Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 14 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 5148 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 14 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #30
Vpn to access kayo.  Got it thanks guys.  Was thinking it's a lot of effort to go through in order to access kayo when there may be an international pass available. Either way it's a bit crap but I'll manage something.

Kayo caught up with my VPN last year. I used my own phone number but overseas but I tried the hotel WiFi and VPN so i didn't data. It woke up to my VPN....lol. The Telstra Pass used to work better. If you were with Telstra then no data was used watching the game. Not so with Kayo.

Reply #31
Meh.

As much excitement as I can muster.

Reply #32
My ins would be Dow,  Fogarty, Fisher,  Cowan,  Pittonett, Cuningham, Hewitt, Binns. I would keep Cerra, Kennedy,  Cripps, Docherty, Kemp,  Walsh, Weitering Saad & Cincotta, & I would probably keep Silvagni, McGovern and Martin. I would be trialling TDK in defence in the VFL as I don't see much future in McGovern. I would also consider using Harry as the second ruckman. I would also think about playing Cripps on the wing.

Reply #33
For starters I would be bringing in Hewett and playing Cripps in the forward line.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Kayo caught up with my VPN last year. I used my own phone number but overseas but I tried the hotel WiFi and VPN so i didn't data. It woke up to my VPN....lol. The Telstra Pass used to work better. If you were with Telstra then no data was used watching the game. Not so with Kayo.
damn I hope not.  I got given a free vpn access so ill try a few methods.  Out of curiosity were you using vpn from your mobile on wifi or straight 5g services?  I haven't had to worry about this before.  I did look, you can get an international pass for 44 dollars a month.  Given I'm using a free vpn I think I'll ignore that. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #35
damn I hope not.  I got given a free vpn access so ill try a few methods.  Out of curiosity were you using vpn from your mobile on wifi or straight 5g services?  I haven't had to worry about this before.  I did look, you can get an international pass for 44 dollars a month.  Given I'm using a free vpn I think I'll ignore that. 

Are you using an E-SIM or getting a SIM there?

Reply #36
Are you using an E-SIM or getting a SIM there?
I hadn't decided yet.  Was just going to roam but not sure.

Open to recommendations.

Paul Hewson

Reply #37
I hadn't decided yet.  Was just going to roam but not sure.
Open to recommendations.
OK Thry,  I'll tell you what I did. In Greece I got a Greek SIM, Around 10 euro for 30 days UNLIMITED data. Bugger all calls out but didn't matter as you just use WhatsApp to communicate if you have to. Unbelievable I know but just goes to show how much we're screwed over here, Then I got a VPN service subscription. In this case I got ExpressVPN which was about another 12 euro a month I think? From here I hot spotted off the phone. Fired up the VPN from my laptop and used Kayo to stream the game. I went even further and used a HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV, but that's optional I guess. Had a couple of times when Kayo cracked it with the VPN but all I did then was connect to a different server in Australia. that seemed to fix the problem. Couple of times the game stuck for a bit but generally it all worked pretty well. Here's a link to the ExpressVPN website
https://www.expressvpn.com/

Reply #38

Need a VPN with strong encryption protocols - McFee Total Protection software has VPN in it.
We watch stuff only available in the States, UK and other countries without a problem

Reply #39
OK Thry,  I'll tell you what I did. In Greece I got a Greek SIM, Around 10 euro for 30 days UNLIMITED data. Bugger all calls out but didn't matter as you just use WhatsApp to communicate if you have to. Unbelievable I know but just goes to show how much we're screwed over here, Then I got a VPN service subscription. In this case I got ExpressVPN which was about another 12 euro a month I think? From here I hot spotted off the phone. Fired up the VPN from my laptop and used Kayo to stream the game. I went even further and used a HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV, but that's optional I guess. Had a couple of times when Kayo cracked it with the VPN but all I did then was connect to a different server in Australia. that seemed to fix the problem. Couple of times the game stuck for a bit but generally it all worked pretty well. Here's a link to the ExpressVPN website
https://www.expressvpn.com/

From the Germanos?  Love it great tip.  Not sure what happens in Portugal but I'll see. 

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
Anyway, back to the footy...

I think we have to try something different and agree with a lot of sentiment expressed here. I think Charlie plays as the predominant forward, with Harry as a forward/ruck. I like the idea of Harry doing something similar with Matthew Richardson at Richmond at the back end of his career, when he was a link player who was agile enough to get up the ground and prove a handful to match-up on.

Reply #42
Vpn to access kayo.  Got it thanks guys.  Was thinking it's a lot of effort to go through in order to access kayo when there may be an international pass available. Either way it's a bit crap but I'll manage something.

I had a terrible time trying to hook into Kayo from Dubai a few weeks back. Didn't help that VPNs are banned in the UAE.

This is the official way to do it and for the $24 it costs, it's a safer bet and easier - https://www.watchafl.com.au/

Just make sure to cancel the subscription when you get back!

Reply #43
Yea
I had a terrible time trying to hook into Kayo from Dubai a few weeks back. Didn't help that VPNs are banned in the UAE.

This is the official way to do it and for the $24 it costs, it's a safer bet and easier - https://www.watchafl.com.au/

Just make sure to cancel the subscription when you get back!
Yeah, I'd probably just get the afl international pass just to remove the frigging around
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #44

I was using my mobile on the hotel WiFi.