Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 14 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 5277 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 14 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #45
I suggest you have a holiday - from Carlton as well.  Watching or listening to the game will only ruin things for you. Eat the Pasteis de Nata, drink the espresso and port and enjoy yourself.

Reply #46
I believe this is Harry McKay's 100th game. Best of luck and let's hope he kicks straight and kicks a bag.

Reply #47
Thanks for the reminder Paul

All the best to Big H. Hope he causes a few headaches for his opponents. 2, 3, or even 4 would be super
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #48
Thanks for the reminder Paul

All the best to Big H. Hope he causes a few headaches for his opponents. 2, 3, or even 4 would be super

I was hoping he might do a Tex Walker and kick 10, but given where Harry's at, I'll be happy with 3 straight.

Reply #49
2, 3 or 4 would be super if not 10 on a great day like others that have had match winning performances. We are talking about a club that scores 6 goals in an entire game. Where a key forward does a single handed effort to produce almost our entire total, while being unable to kick a simple drop punt through the big sticks at any range is expecting a miracle. An important 100 game expectation will only add to his anxiety levels. He might be lucky if he even kicks one goal. I hope I am wrong but I am expecting another loss. One that seals the fate of the coach and a number of players. Best of luck Harry. You need it now more than ever.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #50
It's all chicken and egg stuff on how we facilitate a revival, but if BigH gets on a roll then ultimately Charlie will get a longer leash, we need then both in form, fit and firing and working together correctly.

I presume Pitto will be an in this week, I'm hoping we see BigH, Charlie and whoever of a myriad of 200cm types that get the 3rd tall roll to spread the opposition defence and not be flying against each other.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #51
I hope they aren't too tempted to move Kemp this week as he's just settling into some good form, although long term he's a must through the midfield or the F50.

In my opinion we've made two big mistakes with a couple of players, SoJ and Kemp, they are both midfield capable big body types that can give Cripps a genuine chop out. We lose nothing in pace when SoJ subs for Cripps, and SoJ is quite good in and around stoppages, Kemp actually brings a step up in coverage in the midfield as he has exceptional acceleration and / or quick reactions for a player his size, not sure which one it is but he's got it and it's a trick wasted on the HBF.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #52
I hope they aren't too tempted to move Kemp this week as he's just settling into some good form, although long term he's a must through the midfield or the F50.

In my opinion we've made two big mistakes with a couple of players, SoJ and Kemp, they are both midfield capable big body types that can give Cripps a genuine chop out. We lose nothing in pace when SoJ subs for Cripps, and SoJ is quite good in and around stoppages, Kemp actually brings a step up in coverage in the midfield as he has exceptional acceleration and / or quick reactions for a player his size, not sure which one it is but he's got it and it's a trick wasted on the HBF.
Who are the match ups for King, Lukosius and Casboult? Weiters to King I reckon. I'm dropping Young to the twos this week as he has been utterly horrid and bringing in (Ill give myself an uppercut later) the more experienced Plowman (oh good I can't believe I wrote that) to play on Lukosius if its not Kemp. Maybe TDK goes to CHB on Casboult? Could Kemp play HFF changing to the midfield?
Also dropping SOS as well as Pitto will come in this week, unsure on Gov as he has been terrible also.
But Im not the coach so it will propably remain largely unchanged with maybe just Pitto coming in (maybe Cunners also to add some speed).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #53
Whatever happens Cuningham is a must, quick, good user and the ability to think his way through.
He’s sort of fit… and there’s no point in him breaking in the magoos, if he’s going to break then let it happen in the seniors.
He’ll play whatever he can this year and then it’ll be an extension or execution and if extension, then it has to be based on senior form.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #54
Whatever happens Cuningham is a must, quick, good user and the ability to think his way through.
He’s sort of fit… and there’s no point in him breaking in the magoos, if he’s going to break then let it happen in the seniors.
He’ll play whatever he can this year and then it’ll be an extension or execution and if extension, then it has to be based on senior form.
Fully agree....plays this week and I'd give him another season if he can play out this one but he would be a year by year renewal contract.

Reply #55
CARLTON is toying with the possibility of calling on injury plagued midfielder David Cuningham for his first senior game in 763 days in a desperate search for forward half class to pull the Blues out of their current rut.

Cuningham has impressed in his recent return to the field in the VFL, impressing with 26 disposals and two goals on unrestricted minutes in the win over Essendon.

Carlton is also hopeful of regaining experienced pair George Hewett (concussion) and Marc Pittonet (hand) after missing the past two weeks.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #56
"Desperate search" Gimme a spell with that emotive crap.

He hasn't been fit....for 2 years.

If he was fit, we don't have to 'search', we just play him, but we haven't had that option have we?!

I've been trying to pick him for a month now since his first VFL game back.

Reply #57
Cuningham the lucky charm for me if he plays and we can win this game. GC are great at home and less convincing away and surely the tide has to turn for us. Not so sold on the GC forward line and our backs might have it a bit easier with no Rankine anymore and players like Ben King still finding their way in AFL footy.
Pittonet back along with TDK might be able to take the edge off Witts and I think our midfield can exert some muscle over the young GC mids who have been terrific but are still kids learning the game.
Prefer if the game was at Marvel than the wide open spaces of the MCG so leg speed wasnt so much of an issue but Im tipping Charlie Curnow to have big game after a few quiet ones on the scoreboard. He has been playing ok just not hitting the scoreboard but he is a class player and is overdue for a bag and vs a defense that is workmanlike but doesnt have the big stars like Moore, May etc. I think GC will hammer us in Qld but we should win this initial contest by around 5 goals, it wont change my opinion on where I see the list and the clubs future but its more about the law of averages that we cant keep losing and this is one of our easier and best chances to win a game Imho.

Reply #58
"Desperate search" Gimme a spell with that emotive crap.

He hasn't been fit....for 2 years.

If he was fit, we don't have to 'search', we just play him, but we haven't had that option have we?!

I've been trying to pick him for a month now since his first VFL game back.

I was under the impression he's only been back 2 weeks and last week was his first VFL game with full minutes :-\
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #59
I was under the impression he's only been back 2 weeks and last week was his first VFL game with full minutes :-\
Correct