Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 19 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast at marvel (Read 5460 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 19 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast at marvel

Reply #45
The only prediction I'm game to make is that winning games of footy is the key to a good season  :)
Winning is nourishing as Vossy says.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #46
The best motivation for 'turning up to play' this Saturday.... they should be made to watch a replay of the West Coast game in Sydney from a couple of years ago where we lost the unlose-able game. Irony being - because of that dark day at the SCG, we are a better team because of it.

Reply #47
bring in Binns ,cowan and if we are well in front 3/4 time try something different like play players in a different position.

Reply #48
bring in Binns ,cowan and if we are well in front 3/4 time try something different like play players in a different position.
No flirting with form and farking around with experiments. Pick the best side possible and win by 1000 points if possible.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #49
No flirting with form and farking around with experiments. Pick the best side possible and win by 1000 points if possible.
Agree -  unfortunately, we are not in a position to do anything but go hell-for-leather (literally) in every game we play over the next 6 weeks
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #50
This is the kind of stupid game we lose focus on, which bites us in the a...

You know we're in trouble because the F word for mentioned in the media post the weekend
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #51

You know we're in trouble because the F word for mentioned in the media post the weekend
Totally agree.

However we will see Saturday night - have we properly turned the corner on those stupid brain Fade games that are absolutely winnable but we manage to lose them! Remember the Adelaide game last year - would’ve made finals had we ‘turned up’ to play.

Part of turning a corner is ridding the team of that crap. Not acceptable .

Reply #52

Prof...We should win by 60 points plus with one leg in the air. WC  2023 are probably the worst team I have ever seen.
The only worry is injuries and losing a star player to some WC dud falling across one of our top players knees or similar.
I'd be resting sore important players and preparing for the tough games that follow.

Reply #53

The only worry is injuries and losing a star player to some WC dud falling across one of our top players knees or similar.
I'd be resting sore important players and preparing for the tough games that follow.
That can happen any week, goes with the territory. For mine, I aint resting anyone. As I have said previously, full gas (to coin a cycling phrase) from now to round 24. They had their 6 weeks off (ie of farking around) that cost them the season (and some would say Voss's job), time to keep the big boy pants on and see what they are made of and if they can salvage anything from the train wreck. Nuffs enuff.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #54
I'm with EB1. Really worried about injuries this week. We've lost 2 very good soldiers in consecutive rounds. Is the Carlton injury curse going to continue?

Reply #55
7 out injured. 2 tests in Fisher and Cerra. 1 suspended for 3wks 😮‍💨

No doubt several playing with minor injuries. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of allowing anyone to freshen up. That can certainly be useful for finals bound teams.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #56
Have to continue being at our brutal best because we have Collingwood the following week and need the form without some key players like Harry and Kennedy and maybe Cerra.

Reply #57
Have to continue being at our brutal best because we have Collingwood the following week and need the form without some key players like Harry and Kennedy and maybe Cerra.
No doubt Cerra is being rested this week with Collingwood in mind.......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #58
No doubt Cerra is being rested this week with Collingwood in mind.......
Someone on BF reckons no Cerra or Crippa this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #59
Play the best available side.
Go as hard as possible.
Don't muck around with winning form and take a game easy, because that then becomes your norm and it's hard to turn it around.