Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 19 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast at marvel (Read 5458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 19 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs West Coast at marvel

Reply #105
Because they lack the versatility of Kemp.
Don't pigeonhole this bloke.
As Kruddler said after the last West Coast game. :D

https://www.afl.com.au/news/149384/cal-twomeys-2019-phantom-draft-top-30-your-clubs-whispers

Yes Lods, his performance in that carnival saw him get All-Australian selection at full-forward. 🙂

Perhaps he’ll take Harry’s spot on Saturday 🤔

Every VFL and AFL game he’s played for us has been as a KPF or KPD.  Not one of his coaches at both levels has given him a run in the midfield (if I remember correctly, he played one game as a midfielder in under 18s).  I suspect that says just a little about where Brodie will play for seasons to come.

I have no doubt that he could play as a midfielder, but not as well as he plays as a KPP, and not as well as our current crop of midfielders can play.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #106
Yes Lods, his performance in that carnival saw him get All-Australian selection at full-forward. 🙂

Perhaps he’ll take Harry’s spot on Saturday 🤔

Every VFL and AFL game he’s played for us has been as a KPF or KPD.  Not one of his coaches at both levels has given him a run in the midfield (if I remember correctly, he played one game as a midfielder in under 18s).  I suspect that says just a little about where Brodie will play for seasons to come.

I have no doubt that he could play as a midfielder, but not as well as he plays as a KPP, and not as well as our current crop of midfielders can play.

Could it be that they're developing a defensive side to his game as a starting point.
15 games into a career is much too early to be settling on a position.

As this fellow gains experience and game time and develops further who knows what he could be...and where it could be.
I suspect it will depend a lot on our needs at the time.

Reply #107
Martin out now. FMD if we lose this game I will spew up.....🤮

Reply #108
Kemp has been doing the job down back and is looking like the top ten pick he was going to be minus that injury when he was drafted. If its working dont fix it is the old saying and Id be leaving Kemp right where he is so he can play on the likes of Jack Darling this game and continue his education. I think the general opinion is McGovern is the player you would shift if we need another marking option down forward if Jack isnt firing or is rucking and TDK is off the ground but if you look at WC they have one tall defender in Barrass and the next tallest is Hough 191cm who is just a slender kid playing off half back so I think the likes of Jack and TDK should be able to give us some decent attacking avenues.

Reply #109
Worse still it's calf tightness! Out for the rest of the year

Reply #111
Just to be clear.
I'm not advocating Kemp anywhere else than where he's been playing...for the time being.
But I suspect in the years to come, as he develops, he'll play a number of different positions.

Reply #112

Droppin' like flies!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #113
On a side note I see Liam Stocker has been dropped. Make of it what you will

Reply #114
Could it be that they're developing a defensive side to his game as a starting point.
15 games into a career is much too early to be settling on a position.

As this fellow gains experience and game time and develops further who knows what he could be...and where it could be.
I suspect it will depend a lot on our needs at the time.

He played as a key forward in many of his 28 VFL games.  Perhaps they were trying to develop his forward craft too.

You're right about fitting in to our needs though Lods.  If we do pick up a gun KPD, or Lewis Young returns to form, Brodie could play as a third tall defender or as a forward.  However, his intercept marking and ability to break the lines is much better suited to a defensive role.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #115
On a side note I see Liam Stocker has been dropped. Make of it what you will

His form has been very poor for the last several games.  Of course, Liam is another player that SOS was convinced would make a good midfielder.

Let's hope Liam cracks in and does well enough in the VFL to get his spot in the 22 back again.

Reply #116
Because they lack the versatility of Kemp.
Don't pigeonhole this bloke.
As Kruddler said after the last West Coast game. :D

Yep, like Jarrad Waite and Matthew Richardson spent some time on a wing for a bit of x-factor and marking ability.

Thats different to playing midfield. ;)

Reply #117
His form has been very poor for the last several games.  Of course, Liam is another player that SOS was convinced would make a good midfielder.

Let's hope Liam cracks in and does well enough in the VFL to get his spot in the 22 back again.
Agree on Stocker, his last couple of games have been ordinary and he has looked slow and is getting where the ball aint quoting the late Jack Dyer and no surprise he was dropped given the Saints have been real ordinary.
Be interested where he gets played in the twos...defense , midfield...think he is better suited down back but needs to show more work rate when he doesnt have the ball.

Reply #118

That's not good.  Not only will we miss Jack's footy smarts and forward craft but it must place a huge question mark over his ability to cope with the demands of AFL footy.

I hope it's just us being cautious.

Reply #119
Three games before getting injured, must be a record
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?