Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 20 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 6553 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 20 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #150
I think our only chance is if we do get a bit of a lead.  We're not a great last quarter side, and they are the absolute best.

The problem is it would have to be a large lead.
Around 4-5 goals is when they get into other side's heads.

Just on the team selections...I'd be really surprised if all those injured actually make it onto the field.

Reply #151
The problem is it would have to be a large lead.
Around 4-5 goals is when they get into other side's heads.

Just on the team selections...I'd be really surprised if all those injured actually make it onto the field.

Agree...reckon there might be a change or two on both teams.
I think a very good start and some Charlie action early can set us up for Victory. Pies are just way too cocky and the media are treating us like warm up material for them and its getting annoying.
Blues by 15 points holding firm in the last quarter and Pies players spitting the dummy.

Reply #152
I've no idea what's going to happen tonight...but I suspect we will learn more about our side, and just where we are at in terms of the season in this game than we have in the previous five weeks.
This is the 'real' test.....................................

I think Port in Adelaide was a pretty real test. They had an amazing winning streak, home ground advantage, top 2 team etc.

Reply #153
I think Port in Adelaide was a pretty real test. They had an amazing winning streak, home ground advantage, top 2 team etc.

And a lot of players out.
And a bit of arrogance...they were ripe.

Reply #154
Lead or not at 3/4 time, we'll need a few boys up and running and full of confidence to ride it out.

If Charlie is feeling it like he was last week, then doesn't matter what Pies do, they won't be able to stop him.
If however he has largely been kept out of the game up to that point, that may be all they need.
He is a game changer and we need him up and about.....especially without Harry and even Jack (off his 4 goal haul) we'll struggle to hold our own.

Reply #155
No late changes.

Dow the sub

Reply #157
Strap in folks.

Congratulations to George 🙌

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #158
The Pies get so much of their aura from the fact that they keep getting up off the floor when it looks like they are cooked.

But, in all of those games, they did actually end up a fair way behind.  Therein lies the opportunity. There will come a time when they get behind and cannot get back.  They are far from invincible, and are probably due to have a flat one after last week's massive game. 

Having said that, I don't think we can get them this week.  Timing is just not right yet.

So I was wrong!
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #159
So the blueprint against the Daicos twins is inside physicality, and they do not like it, they are the children of the wide open spaces!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #160
So the blueprint against the Daicos twins is inside physicality, and they do not like it, they are the children of the wide open spaces!
I thought they handled it ok and got a fair bit of ball , Pies got let down by their second tier players like Adams, Sidebottom, Crisp etc who were non events. Daicos kids got a fair bit of treatment today as they did last week but were still in the Pies better players imo..