Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 4660 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 21 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda

On free to air TV next Sunday. the game starts at 15:20 at Marvel.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 21 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #1
Im already over that marvellous Collingwood victory.

It will be an interesting game - we will be hot favourites and this mob doesn't handle being the big dog. They better start handling it and continue impressive pressure contested football

Reply #2
Im already over that marvellous Collingwood victory.

It will be an interesting game - we will be hot favourites and this mob doesn't handle being the big dog. They better start handling it and continue impressive pressure contested football
I must admit, I'd rather be the underdog. We've been the underdog for every game but for the Weagles clash and it has suited as hunter style. (The bookies may have thought differently, but that's another tale.)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
I must admit, I'd rather be the underdog. We've been the underdog for every game but for the Weagles clash and it has suited as hunter style. (The bookies may have thought differently, but that's another tale.)
External perception doesn't matter, internally they must continue with the hunter or underdog attitude.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
I used to feel this but things feel different - if we fall apart under something like being favourites we are not ready to progress.

I think we are. I think we will win by 50.

Reply #5
I wouldn't be writing the Aints off just yet, Ross the Boss is the master of dragging the opposition down to his level.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
For some reason, they've generally had the wood over us for a long time....even when they were worse than us, they always seemed to beat us. If they're missing King and Membrey again, then we should have their measure.....and one more good haul for Charlie should seal the Coleman.

Dow in for Cerra is probably the only change I can see with maybe Binns or Carroll as the sub? They might also go for a smaller defender and replace Marchbank with Cowan given the Saints relatively smallish forward line.

Reply #7
Just listening to the Ross Lyon press conference - he seems pretty confident that King, Membrey and Hill will be back next week.

Reply #8
Just listening to the Ross Lyon press conference - he seems pretty confident that King, Membrey and Hill will be back next week.

When was the last time anyone took seriously anything Lyon said … apart from the suckers who sacked Ratts and gave him the Saints job.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #9
For some reason, they've generally had the wood over us for a long time....even when they were worse than us, they always seemed to beat us. If they're missing King and Membrey again, then we should have their measure.....and one more good haul for Charlie should seal the Coleman.

Dow in for Cerra is probably the only change I can see with maybe Binns or Carroll as the sub? They might also go for a smaller defender and replace Marchbank with Cowan given the Saints relatively smallish forward line.

Teams have had it over us in the past even when being bellow us on the ladder and with less form. We always found ways to be over confident and lazy with intensity when we needed this to be a priority. Trying to beat teams with a lack of work rate won’t work. We have improved in this area. Have we turned the corner? If we beat the Saints, we will have successfully beaten at least 3 teams in a row above us on the ladder. This could be the game that locks us away in the top 8. Maybe not. Maybe we need at least another win or 2 after that. This is the game that will determine if we are desperate to stay in the top 8. A win here might awaken the other sides. They might believe we are a threat and make too many changes to compensate for our current form and game style. At a guess 2 to 3 goals as a win for us. I hope we don’t drop the ball now and lose by 30 points, sleeping and going back to old habits.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #10
Fremantle and Gold Coast were above us on the ladder too.

If we bring the same intensity and effort, the Saints won't know what hit them.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
Fremantle and Gold Coast were above us on the ladder too.

If we bring the same intensity and effort, the Saints won't know what hit them.

Ross (and everyone else) has now had 6 weeks to look at what we do well, lots of interesting footy coming up.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #12
I have absolutely no doubt that Ross will be aiming to 'get in our grill' with borderline legal tactics. He'll attempt to unsettle and distract us with physicality. It'll be a good test for us.

This mob have the irritating ability to rain on our parade... however, all we need do is maintain a steely resolve to hunt them, no matter what tactics they try. And that will keep the scoreboard ticking over in our favour.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #13
We will smash them.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Really, really, really hate this mob and the fact that we've been their bunnies/bitches for so long intensifies my hatred exponentially. Watched them against the Dawks and they are KRAAP. Well they both are, but if we manage to find a way to lose against these knobs again I may not recover. Come on baggers, get it done!