Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda (Read 4657 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 21 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs St. Kilda

Reply #90
Unless Fisher's defensive game has developed a lot, I'm not confident v Tigers smalls and Gresham. The two former can steal the game
I know Fish got one game primarily off half back but since then seems to have been more mid or forward in the 2s from my recollection.  Suspect he will more likely be used mid or forward.

Reply #91
With no Membrey, wouldn't surprise me to see Kemp get one of Butler or Higgins....he's got the pace to go with them. Newman probably gets the other....Cincotta might get Gresham.
I think Owens will be a handful and require a player like Kemp who has some leg speed and can compete in the air.
The Stkilda kid can really play and needs a decent player on him not someone undersized or lacking mobility, he has really impressed me out of all their kids and is wasted with such a negative game plan under Lyon.

Reply #92
I think Owens will be a handful and require a player like Kemp who has some leg speed and can compete in the air.
The Stkilda kid can really play and needs a decent player on him not someone undersized or lacking mobility, he has really impressed me out of all their kids and is wasted with such a negative game plan under Lyon.
Ross will release the shackles tomorrow you watch. The prick loves playing and dining out against us.

Kissed on the dick Cats and Swans did us no favours tonight.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #93
Ross will release the shackles tomorrow you watch. The prick loves playing and dining out against us.

Kissed on the dick Cats and Swans did us no favours tonight.

The Swans win helps us as much as it hurts us.

Geelong winning is dissapointing but we have our fate in our hands and we are likely better off having to play every game like its a final anyway.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #94
The Swans win helps us as much as it hurts us.

Geelong winning is dissapointing but we have our fate in our hands and we are likely better off having to play every game like its a final anyway.
Every game since that 6 game losing streak has been an elimination final and we have risen to the occasion. I am wondering though given our mounting injury list to important players if we can maintain that momentum.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #95
It's at the point where it boils down to which side comes with the greatest intensity and pressure.
Ability will have little to do with it, and it will be more about desire to win.
The teams still in contention have different strengths and weaknesses, injury will also play a part,
and some sides will match up better against others.
But try tipping winners of individual games and you'll probably be surprised as often as you're right.
A game lost can mean an opportunity wasted. and may be the difference between playing finals or not.
There are no easy games as West Coast proved yesterday.

We're on a bit of a run.
Sometimes sides take this type of run all the way through to the end.
But this is a strange season and it's hard to remember one where places for the eight are so tight so far down the ladder.
To continue a run with that kind of competition for finals spots would be an exceptional effort.
Every game from this point will be a challenge, but in two weeks time results may determine that some sides have dropped off the pace and can no longer make it.
That may be another factor in affecting results.

We lost a lot of drive last week when we lost Cerra, but we were able to correct it and hold them off.
But it's a worrying addition to an already significant injury list.
We beat Collingwood last week, St Kilda beat Hawthorn who this week also beat Collingwood.
Drawing a form line through that means this game could be a real challenge.
But form lines are seemingly irrelevant in this charge to the finals.
Expect both teams to come with full attitude and intensity
So for this game, as for the rest of the season...hoping for a win is about the best I can do.

Reply #96
Such an important eight point game.
It's not the end of the world if we dropped this but fifth sounds alot better than ninth

Reply #97
Such an important eight point game.
It's not the end of the world if we dropped this but fifth sounds alot better than ninth

A win today is imperative for both our finals aspirations and my sanity. Beating 1st and 2nd will be meaningless to me if we can't beat this mob. That's what I'm wrestling with as I am almost certain that full strength (or close to) and playing the way we are playing now, we would hammer this ass stain of a club.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #98
A win today is imperative for both our finals aspirations and my sanity. Beating 1st and 2nd will be meaningless to me if we can't beat this mob. That's what I'm wrestling with as I am almost certain that full strength (or close to) and playing the way we are playing now, we would hammer this ass stain of a club.
Same..Saints are rubbish and we should hammer them after such an impressive performance last week vs quality opposition in Collingwood.
It will show the mental strength of the team if we can fight the let down mentality that often happens after big wins and given we are missing some key troops it will also test our depth.

Reply #99
Only 2 teams this season have won after playing the Pies. Just another hurdle to overcome...

Reply #100
Aints are a Pest team, always been a pest and always will be a pest.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #101
Aints are a Pest team, always been a pest and always will be a pest.

Agree. One of those games that you can never be that confident of winning.
Plus Lyon is a cunning prick and will have several tactics to not allow us to play the game style that suits us best.
Have to win ugly today I reckon and wouldn’t be surprised if Charlie is contained so need Martin and the smalls to hit the scoreboard.

Reply #102
Watch George Hewitt today. Injury free, fitness level up, higher degree of responsibility.  Will be in our top 3..... but you might not notice! That's the way he operates.

Reply #103
Ross Lyon interviewed on Ch7, gotta hand it to the prick, such a tactical mind when explaining the game and what he wants to do. His ability to pick out minute details about opposition is unbelievable.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th