Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 21 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 5077 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 21 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Remember to post here after the game. I'll be there, so I won't be quick off the mark.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 21 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #1
StKilda: Bring it on!!

Carlton: Shoo fly.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #2
Great win to beat a team who did everything they could to purely negate against our game plan and to be behind by 4 goals at half time and run over them i think it’s a great win. Showed Lyons style is one dimensional when you crack it and still with 2 goals down with 6 mins to go they refused to go into the middle.

Hats off to Dow. Cops a lot of flak and boy did he show today when we needed it most what he can do.  Had he’s negatives like ball use but as a contested player he can win the footy when you need it won.

Newman amazing all day. Pit on the other hand loses his spot the second Jack is ready.

Reply #3
Dow, Fisher, Marchbank...even Pittonet, all got better the longer the game went.

Reply #4
Good win worth more than 4 points... a lot of kudos to Nick Newman who will push for best and fairest honors this season, thought he played well all game not just in the second half and was well supported by Weitering who did his job too.
Charlie wasnt a factor which isnt such a bad thing and a few players chipped in with goals at the right time.
Fisher had a lot of ball off half back but its a move I'm skeptical on and need to see more of in the leadup games to the finals.
Ditto with Paddy Dow and Marchbank in the team, Dow had a good second half but those first half errors reminded me of why he hasnt been in the team and Marchbanks lack of pace on a big ground would concern me if I was coaching.

Reply #5
If Dutchy does not get this week's rising star nom I will spew up...🤮🤢

Reply #6
I'm stoked. We found a way to win despite the scoreboard. A pure sign of our progress IMO.

Looking forward to Lyon's presser 🤣 Outplayed, outclassed, and outcoached. All in q3 &4.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Nearly enjoyed than more than the Collingwood win. Hell of a game from Newman

Reply #8
If Dutchy does not get this week's rising star nom I will spew up...🤮🤢

He was immense.

Reply #9
Dutchy the young stick figure that has no fear gets rolled over and bounces back up again and makes an impact - by gosh you gotta love this kids ticker. Future captain or at the very least future figure in leadership group.

Reply #12
Very good win

Reply #14
The game changer

https://www.afl.com.au/video/996570/speedy-motlop-marathon-delivers-the-goods?videoId=996570&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1691306296001
Was a good goal and he looked quicker than I have seen him before, hopefully the club dont feel the need to waste money on Jade Gresham given the form of our small forwards in recent weeks.