Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 22 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 6084 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 22 2023 Post Game Prognostications Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #15
I was a bit surprised no changes this week, I'd say that can't persist, I won't be surprised to see Hollands and / or Cottrell have a rest this week.

It's not about form, it's about looking fatigued.

Statistically Motlop and Owies aren't having the same impact they did 2 or 3 weeks ago, but there is Buckley's they are going out unless injured. Both are making the maximum out of limited opportunities, even if it does come at the hand of Charlie.

Charlie who's field play is quickly turning him into the the next Franklin. I had to laugh on the broadcast when Daisy said "that kick to Owies" wasn't that good, she's been hanging around a bit too much with BT. Daisy take leaf out of Richie Benaud's book rather than follow the unending parroting of the BT, and remember sometimes it's better just to say nothing at all!  :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #16
Da da da daaaahhh. Blues are back big time!!!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #17
Hollands and Dow both did their jobs tonight, (Dow 80% efficiency) but I think they must make way for Cerra and Walsh. Both in the absolute heat of battle just weren't quite able to stand up. Hollands will get there and Dow will always be susceptible to pressure. Offer him another 1 year deal and see how much   he wants to stay.     Otherwise an EXCELLENT night at the office!

Reply #18
good tough win.
We are playing finals!
Not yet, do the ladder predictor, if we lose the next 2 and results go a certain way, we can drop out. We aint out of the woods yet.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #19
Amazing win. What a ride we are on.

Pleasuring thing is every week lately our top 6 or so players are a mixed bag which is great going forward.

I thought Dow Kemp TDK Fogerty were all very important players in the win.

Cripps second half was huge. TDK second half was surprising considering who he was up against. The kid stood up provided a forward target and was as desperate as anyone to win the contested ball. Had 17 touches - 14 contested.
Thought Hewitts form is back to what it was last year.
Add a fit Cerra Walsh McGovern and harry in that team and on our day in a final we can beat anyone.
Lid is off.

Reply #20
Keep resting players and wait to get them back 100%. Do not risk early returns just yet. I don’t think we were the clearance kings tonight. We did not land enough marks we should have. We just had a tough fight we were prepared to endure. Keep playing this unit to develop the squad. They work together very well. Ignore the statistics. It isn’t a team of champions. It is a team that plays like champions. Talks are Dow and Silvagni might be considered for trade at seasons end. Both must have some value. Too many similar talents in this current group.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #21
If Melbourne lose the next 2 and we win the next 2, we will jump them into 4th!

We play GC and GWS so definitely possible to win both
Dees play the in form Sydney in the last round....at the SCG no less.
We need to be cheering on the hawks next week though to make it happen......even a draw would suffice.

Reply #22

Charlie who's field play is quickly turning him into the the next Franklin. I had to laugh on the broadcast when Daisy said "that kick to Owies" wasn't that good, she's been hanging around a bit too much with BT. Daisy take leaf out of Richie Benaud's book rather than follow the unending parroting of the BT, and remember sometimes it's better just to say nothing at all!  :o
Not a good example for Daisy to follow.

Reply #23
Hollands and Dow both did their jobs tonight, (Dow 80% efficiency) but I think they must make way for Cerra and Walsh. Both in the absolute heat of battle just weren't quite able to stand up. Hollands will get there and Dow will always be susceptible to pressure. Offer him another 1 year deal and see how much   he wants to stay.     Otherwise an EXCELLENT night at the office!

That has always been my view because he has often been too slow to get his foot to the ball and has shown little defensive capacity BUT, after watching him put his body on the line like never before, a few more games like tonight and I might be forced to reconsider.

Reply #24
Not yet, do the ladder predictor, if we lose the next 2 and results go a certain way, we can drop out. We aint out of the woods yet.

I'm with you. Keeping the lid on until the last results of the last round are confirmed.

I still have flashbacks of the Doggies celebrating that same moment last year. 😭 you know how the rest.

Now IF we win another game, and I believe we will, the lid will be lifted.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #25
I'm with you. Keeping the lid on until the last results of the last round are confirmed.

I still have flashbacks of the Doggies celebrating that same moment last year. 😭 you know how the rest.

Now IF we win another game, and I believe we will, the lid will be lifted.

Go Blues
We need one more win to seal the deal
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
What lid? It was off a month ago. Number 17 is within our grasp!
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
So we need to win our last 2 and Port need to lose 2. That would give us top 4.

Reply #28
What lid? It was off a month ago. Number 17 is within our grasp!
Yes, it the club that needs to keep the lid on it, not us. As for us supporters, who cares about a lid. Let it blow!!!!!

Reply #29
If Melbourne lose the next 2 and we win the next 2, we will jump them into 4th!

We play GC and GWS so definitely possible to win both
Dees play the in form Sydney in the last round....at the SCG no less.
We need to be cheering on the hawks next week though to make it happen......even a draw would suffice.
Same with Port. We are on 50, Port 56.