Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast (Read 5094 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast

Gold Coast are a different proposition at home, while we lack a lot of players still. Not an easy game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast

Reply #1
The exact same fixture cost Brett Ratten his job in 2012.

I am hoping no repeat of that sorry day.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Re: AFL Rd 23 2023 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs Gold Coast at Gold Coast

Reply #2
Doc is probably out. But who comes in?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Doc is probably out. But who comes in?

Reckon we've got a few returning from injury this week.
Boyd is available to come in for him too.

Reply #4
Walsh, Cerra and Gov will be tests.

Reply #5
Walsh, Cerra and Gov will be tests.

Cerra won't be a test to play.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
That game last night was intense.
I think both Carlton and Melbourne may struggle next week so an injection of a few players might be a help.

Reply #7
Our defensive game is amazing. Kemp, Newman and Cincotta are desperados.
GC need to bring their A-game

Reply #8
Our defensive game is amazing. Kemp, Newman and Cincotta are desperados.
GC need to bring their A-game
Cincotta's spoil late in the last qtr (whilst probably a free kick as he took the Melb players legs out) was desperation personified.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
That game last night was intense.
I think both Carlton and Melbourne may struggle next week so an injection of a few players might be a help.

Yes, and having to travel to Queensland adds another layer to the challenge.

Reply #10
Cincotta's spoil late in the last qtr (whilst probably a free kick as he took the Melb players legs out) was desperation personified.

Definitely a free IMO, but the law of averages applies. Sometimes you get a bit of lady luck to even things out.

Reply #11
Definitely a free IMO, but the law of averages applies. Sometimes you get a bit of lady luck to even things out.
Agree, IMO our luck vs no luck has been somewhat skewed in recent years, I couple of things going our way is a pleasant change.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12
Walsh back next week , Cerra still weeks away is what they said on CH7.
GC are always tough at home and have a dominant ruckman and good leg speed but we need to and should win.
The GWS game concerns me more...

Reply #13
Not everyone can be best on ground, just need the role playing types continuing to do their alloted tasks. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?