Skip to main content
Topic: AFL 1st Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne Post Game Prognostications (Read 27720 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL 1st Semi Final Carlton vs Melbourne Post Game Prognostications

Reply #75
Heart. Inspirational persistence. Character.

Cowardly stuff from Pickett, all he succeeded in doing was show the footy world the courage and strength of Crippa as a person; as a leader.

Many amazing moments where our blokes showed poise, discipline and heart in adversity. Just one critical example - Weitering's brilliant risk to shift play late in the game with a rocket to Hollands, then Hollands' smart kick to Doc and with his crook shoulder took the overhead mark and attacked the goal face. The rest is inspirational history. A great moment.

Cripps still had 27 hard-fought possessions, even after being off for some time to get treated as well. He stood up. Pickett had a dirty game all-round, save for some late time stuff. Come on Christian, put the hatred away and site him for that crap. You know what to do.

Reply #76
Deservedly so, there is enormous praise for Acres and his endeavour, playing through pain and delivering the goal that put us in front. Spine-tingling stuff.

However... I'd like to add 2 other incredible last qtr goals.
1. Walsh at the beginning of the final qtr goaling would have been an enormous lift for the boys and a message that we're in this to our eyeballs.
2. Motlop kicking a brilliant snap to reduce the margin to one kick... again, lifting the boys.
2 other great moments.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #77
Deservedly so, there is enormous praise for Acres and his endeavour, playing through pain and delivering the goal that put us in front. Spine-tingling stuff.

However... I'd like to add 2 other incredible last qtr goals.
1. Walsh at the beginning of the final qtr goaling would have been an enormous lift for the boys and a message that we're in this to our eyeballs.
2. Motlop kicking a brilliant snap to reduce the margin to one kick... again, lifting the boys.
2 other great moments.
Walsh is made for this stuff. No. 1 pick in his draft, looks like the best of them. Seemed a bit rusty at times this year, with his injuries, his absence was noted by me. Now back to his awesome best.
As I tried to note with Acres, this man belongs. All heart and effort, playing with a surging confidence. All at the price of a McDonald's ice cream of the past! Or near enough. With experience and a designated role for him, being the wing, there is much more consistency to his game now. You take the good with the bad. On the latter, no out of bounds on the full this time, but Blake, mate, as I tried to note, take a breath, don't rush the damn thing. Perhaps instinct works for him better than overthinking set shots.
Oh and Motlop. He's a creame de la creame player (excuse spelling, French is not may native language). Getting better all the time. Two beautiful goals, along with lots of chasing and tackling, despite the low stats. Will only get better with more experience and as he builds his body and tank more.

Reply #78
BT’s commentary, “… the kick wasn’t great to Docherty …”?!?

What? Ollie’s kick was freakin’ centimeter perfect. In fact, all 3 kicks in that play were brilliant.

Seriously, does he even watch the game or just glance up from scrolling through FB posts every now and then?

His disappointment when we win is palpable, which makes Andy and Sellers’ biased commentary beyond delicious.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #79
If not for Kysiah Pickett trying to emulate his uncle the Dees would have almost no effective F50, the hits Kysiah keeps handing out put defenders on the back foot, and you'd expect he should get banned for yesterday, and one day it'll be a big one, that is if someone doesn't level up first!
by my reckoning he has two charges to answer.

One on cripps, the other on mcgovern.  You can't swing an arm and hit an opponent high even if he is bumping you.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #80
Robbie Williams love TDK....lol.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/6652726064773159

Gave me a warm glow listening to that on the wireless this morning 🙂

Robbie did one about Sydney losing last week but he put a lot more thought into “De Koning’s in the air”
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #81
The sling into the fence and whatever Viney did on the side opposite the camera (sly elbow?)  were also pretty average Thry.  Lot of high, late, scruffy.....and totally unnecessary stuff.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #82
Cripps said post match he copped quite a few hits last night - of course he says it as all part of the game. What a warrior seriously, and as someone said previously the happiness is written all over his face and I bloody love it for him!

Did caro ever retract her ‘Cripps and doch don’t like their teammates and stay at different hotels
From the team’ comment??!!

Reply #83
The sling into the fence and whatever Viney did on the side opposite the camera (sly elbow?)  were also pretty average Thry.  Lot of high, late, scruffy.....and totally unnecessary stuff.
Pickett was responsible for a lot of that dog act stuff and our players did well to stay disciplined, when you look back at the undisciplined stuff Melb did it probably cost them 3-4 goals and the match. Gawn will get the blame for touching that ball through that should have been a goal and losing Melb the game but it was Pickett imo who cost them the game with some of his early dirty work and justice was done.

Reply #84
Micky, Caroline did apologise to Cripps for those comments.

Reply #85
Totally right, but I think it was Tom Sparrow, not Viney.

Reply #86
by my reckoning he has two charges to answer.

One on cripps, the other on mcgovern.  You can't swing an arm and hit an opponent high even if he is bumping you.
To be generous to McGovern, that was a block and a shepherd only. God Pickett was a flog last night. Just a couple of the silly things he did last night. With four umpires, there's really no excuse to miss those two things, despite the other frees and two, yes, two fifties he gave away.

Reply #88
Maradona's Hand of Gawn.....lol.
Max wasnt his usual jovial self at the end of the game, got shoved around by Pittonet all night, missed some sitters then did his best Maradona impersonation to wind up what was a dirty night. Abby Holmes did well to get a post game interview out of him of sorts.

Reply #89
what a fantastic result for us supporters and club from we have come from . Reality is we were very lucky last night and to me it was a case of melb lost it we didnt win it . I want to win games on merit ,win with a game plan that doesn't allow opposition an opportunity. It all starts with a game plan that like i have been saying all year "no more fu......k long bombs " last night we kicked ball how many times to dees players  just hope voss can come up new plan for the Fitzroy game . 1 more hurdle to go