Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 45627 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #45
Can I add that I'm sick and tired of this Kangaroo love, they are front runners, sooks and snipers just like their coach was. The commentators were all over North from the first bounce and Cam Mooney hasn't has a nice thing to say about us ever. His comment to Andrew Swallow who he was speaking to the whole game was when your boys run over the top of Carlton in the last, then he had to change what he said, made me sick.

Reply #46
Aye Raydan, can't imaging North will be happy with that effort.

If Walker had kicked that regulation goal midway through the third it would have been 43 points and potentially a blow out.

Our lads will take a lot of confidence from that run today.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #47
Can I add that I'm sick and tired of this Kangaroo love, they are front runners, sooks and snipers just like their coach was. The commentators were all over North from the first bounce and Cam Mooney hasn't has a nice thing to say about us ever. His comment to Andrew Swallow who he was speaking to the whole game was when your boys run over the top of Carlton in the last, then he had to change what he said, made me sick.

Yep, the SEN guys are North lovers, they were very hard to listen to too - not much brain matter in that group.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #48
BTW I think Walker has done a hammy, again with the North love from Foxtel it wasn't looked at all that hard but when he came off he felft for the back of his leg and didn't look too impressed when he went to the rooms.

Reply #49
Just got back from the game - about 8000 people saw Blues seconds look pretty good for two and a half quarters.

A few observations.

Everett - will play round 1. Is definitely a flanker but boy he adds flexibility. Can take a mark, run, and has good skills.

Bell - will be a superstar if he learn to lower his eyes. Was our second best mid tonight.

McLean - was our best mid.

Cripps - did the tough things. Will take time to adjust to AFL tempo. Don't think he will play rnd 1

Casboult. Took a couple of great grabs and kicking looked a little better. Creates a contest every time he goes for a mark.

Buckley. Has a go but jury well and truly out given his body shape ...

Bootsma. Only if desperate.

Graham. Is Marc Murphy Mk II ... If only he was a little more aware. Think this kid can be really good with more exposure to top level.

Robinson. Always plays like there is no tomorrow. Skills still appalling.

Waite. Ran well. Didn't get the ball.

Yarran. Ordinary first half, better in the second. Played mainly down back. Suspect Mick is keeping him on a special program.

Gibbs. Better in the last quarter when the young guys faded.

Murphy. Great in first half, played forward a lot in 2nd.

Warnock. Will be no. 1 ruck all year. Beat Goldstein.

Wood. Good insurance based on tonight.

Walker. Turned it over a bit. Came off late in game.

Tuohy. Very good. 9-pt goal was a Crocker.

Cachia. Very good.  He's ahead of Cripps, but behind Curnow and McLean.

Curnow. One of our best. Gut-running knows no bounds.

Rowe. Think has potential at CHB, or even FB. Probably only in case that a KPD gets injured.

Watson. Has progressed. Definitely will be first-choice CHB. Could be the one player who makes a huge difference to our year.

McInnes. Has the odd brain fade but can't challenge commitment.
Would be in front of White as third tall defender.

Ellard. One of our best in second half. Will play games this year.

Reply #50
Oh, and Menzel is going to be a superstar :)

Reply #51
Great summary thanks Slippery!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #52
Heard some good news about the ability of Everitt. Sounds like a winner, and probably should have considered Tippett by the sounds of things too. I heard he kept Waite away from action.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53
Heard some good news about the ability of Everitt. Sounds like a winner, and probably should have considered Tippett by the sounds of things too. I heard he kept Waite away from action.

Only the WWE allows more holds than what Tippett did to Waite.

Reply #54

Only the WWE allows more holds than what Tippett did to Waite.

Did see the game myself. Getting away with things the umpires should be spotting ? Did Waite play all of his game forward or did he get switched around ? Last but not least, are we really on a winner with Everitt as Elwood has been suggesting ? I'd hate to see him correct, I mean I'd love to see him get one right. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #55

Yep, the SEN guys are North lovers, they were very hard to listen to too - not much brain matter in that group.

Seriously puke-making commentary by a bunch of buffoons - I switched it off and followed the game on the AFL site - will watch the replay when available. Must buy a subscription to AFL TV tomorrow.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56
My observation after watching the game TWICE. Wood is a replacement for Hampson, by which we've lost nothing but gained a slightly better kick and a better tap to advantage.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #57
And yeah, Menzel will be a star
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #58
Good effort considering I thought Gibbs, Muphy, Waite, Robbo and Yarran were all down. Credit to the newbies for their work.
No Judd, Kreuzer, Jammo, Hendo, Simmo, Carrots, Garlett and Thomas (if really fit)  makes the North look pretty average.
Maybe better than good?