Skip to main content
Topic: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath (Read 79731 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R1 Carlton vs Power After-match Aftermath

Reply #30
Shown up in the fitness stakes.

Couldn't maintain the first quarter defensive efforts.
Skills then fall away.
Tackles drop off a cliff.

But we still could have won so maybe we have some hope.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #31

Oh we tackle? I saw Robby Gray shrug off McInnes like he was 110kg monster. Oh and McInees should never wear a navy blue jumper again. I was so so wrong about him when I said he was a good footballer and could be a future captain.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32

Skills then fall away.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #33
Can they suspend Malthouse, we might have a chance!

Rnd 2 the only thing in our favour is Hardwick, who is probably equally ineffective but with less experience!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
Cant believe the complete lack of spirit this mob display, this goes back to Pagen, we've never recovered, instead of hating and hurting, this lot shrug their shoulders and accept another paycheque. I am seriously considering giving this lot away, and I've been a true blue since 1970. This hurts me, I don't think anyone out there tonight gives a toss. :-\
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #35
if we play either WB or GWS next week
we'd get flogged.
We have gone backwards hard - its official

So, given that Malthouse has said we can't challenge for a flag in his current contract, do we sack him now, start a full blown rebuild or both?

what i'd hate is he coaches at the expense of development and for a contract extension

Seems to be what he's trying to do but can't even get that right. Last year was a complete waste and this year will be no different. I can't remember the last time I cared less about a loss than I do about this one.

Reply #36
That's it for me, we won't progress with Malthouse as coach.  The list is good enough but the gameplan is outdated and the coach can't respond to the opposition's tactics.

The list is not good enough, otherwise we would have been better than we have in the last 4 years. Our good players are not great AFL players. They do some good things from time to time but not are genuine A graders. Our back half are not good enough, McInnes, Walker & Watson were woeful. The midfield went to sleep for about half the game. Kruezer is ineffectual.

Reply #37
Gee, appointing that Buttifant chap was a masterstroke. We couldn't run out of sight on a dark night so he is getting his money under false pretences.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #38
Cant believe the complete lack of spirit
instead of hating and hurting, this lot shrug their shoulders and accept another pay cheque.

I'm betting they do so without trembling too!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #39
McInnes and Watson cant play in the same backline together...in fact McInnes is a VFL player only...I'd play White or Giles ahead of him.
Watson always seems a couple of steps off the pace  of the game, not sure where we are headed with him.

Same old Same old...need two Hendersons......every team we play will load up with three talls forward and force us to drag Henderson back.

Game plan.....wont work with this team who dont have the skill level to hit targets all the way along the boundary line, Jamisons kick out off bounds under no pressure was a fine example.

Walker has to play forward to make us more potent, dont like him down back, gets frustrated and lost his cool a couple of times....

Reply #40

Skills then fall away.

Take the rose coloured glasses off 79!

It's exactly what happened.

Fitness is key and at the moment we don't have a good enough level.

I'll add another thing. Backlines also get exposed when the rest of the side can't get back to assist.

I'm hoping Buttifant has a plan.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #41
That was really hard to watch. McInnes, McLean & Walker were simply atrocious and our new recruits gave us very little. Thomas' kicking for goal made Casboult look like Tony Lockett. Henderson wasn't ready to play so shouldn't have, Watson was way too slow as predicted and we had no forward targets other than Waite as predicted.

Kreuzer, Garlett, Tuohy, Bell, Everrit simply didn't do enough.

And, how many players kicked into the man on the mark? Fmd.

A long year.

Reply #42
I'm really struggling to think of some positives to take out of the game, was there really anything of note ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #43
The game was lost in the 10 minutes it took Mick to respond to Port loading the forwards in the square, out thought, wasn't that why we ditched Ratt's?
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #44
Cant believe the complete lack of spirit this mob display, this goes back to Pagen, we've never recovered, instead of hating and hurting, this lot shrug their shoulders and accept another paycheque. I am seriously considering giving this lot away, and I've been a true blue since 1970. This hurts me, I don't think anyone out there tonight gives a toss. :-\
This x100
2024... Moir of the same to come