Skip to main content
Topic: Give Me Something Positive!!! (Read 14004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Give Me Something Positive!!!

Reply #31
eddie betts is playing well

Reply #32
There were plenty of us who were concerned at the signs during the NAB Challenge... and have bemoaning recruiting and development for some time (years).

I can assure you that no-one wants to be positive more than yours truly. But the concerning signs are too glaring to attempt any positive spin.

There is hope, though, when you look at Cripps. And maybe one or two of last year's draft picks will show something.

But no matter how you look at it, based on everything to this date, we are average/ordinary. If things go our way, we might snag 7th or 8th and from there anything is possible.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
There were plenty of us who were concerned at the signs during the NAB Challenge... and have bemoaning recruiting and development for some time (years).

I can assure you that no-one wants to be positive more than yours truly. But the concerning signs are too glaring to attempt any positive spin.

There is hope, though, when you look at Cripps. And maybe one or two of last year's draft picks will show something.

But no matter how you look at it, based on everything to this date, we are average/ordinary. If things go our way, we might snag 7th or 8th and from there anything is possible.

the competition is far too unforgiving atm
theres too many challenging - every team bar 2 are capable of making the 8

Reply #34
Dirty Harry, Jamie, I am positive that Ummmmm... I am positive that Ummmm.... I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
Oh well Adelaide just got ran over in the last 1/4.. Season over for them too by the look of it..  ;D

Reply #36
Oh well Adelaide just got ran over in the last 1/4.. Season over for them too by the look of it..  ;D

That is the way it rolls. ;D

Reply #37

Geelong seem destined for the top eight again...each year I keep reading they are will drop out of the finals but that never seems to be the case.....

Reply #38

Geelong seem destined for the top eight again...each year I keep reading they are will drop out of the finals but that never seems to be the case.....

Its called list management. Great recruiting, and great developing of new future guns. We can't get it working if we don't have the resources to make this side of our business work properly to result in flags. Tanking doesn't work as well as a system that allows you to select with care, and develop with ease. Game plans, culture and strategies are just the icing on the cake. if the essentials are not there, the system doesn't work. Not for any coach in any league. ;)

Reply #40

TBH I'm wondering why everyone thinks they'll be so good. That said, they lost to the Cats at the Cattery playing in Bartel's 250th.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
Even in a "give me something positive" thread, there's so much negativity  ;D time for the meds ppl.

I'm pretty positive on Cripps, and looking forward to seeing him when given the opportunity.  Just hope that Mick starts him on the ground not sub. Other teams seem to do it and do it well with their debutants so he's hoping.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #42
"Something positive?"
Ummm, Josh Caddy looks like a man now... And a big un at that. He is going to be the next Judd.
I wish.....
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #43
Somkething Positive.

If all else fails, there is the Essendon circus going on.

Rumours that Hird has been sacked (thats a win for the Bombers really).

Aside from that, its not all doom and gloom we have a 3 time premiership coach at the helm and he won one of his flags only a couple of years ago, and won his other 2 in the early 90's.  Indicates that he should stay relevant even if he has misread where the future of the game is going initially.

Above all else, we can only get better really.  Sure we might slide down the ladder a bit, but that has as much to do with what happens around us as it does what happens with us, and given GWS and GC there are worse times to have a lean period in your history (say when your rivals challenging you to be the most succesful are up there winning flags).

Does that help Amers?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #44
I guess we have to put it all in perspective really.  The fact that we seem to be light years away from a premiership is what is getting us down, and that is a by product of being a Carlton supporter and having high expectations based upon a history of attaining success on such a regular basis that it becomes almost taken as a given.  As people we need to just take stock of things....  we have forgotten that success is earned and how hard is the work required.  Yes the club is in a holding pattern but given the right choices we can start the road back to success.  For the older members of this site I guess at the same time there is a nagging fear of slipping back down to where we were 10 years ago... the horror of fronting up to 25 goal floggings every week and wondering if the side will even get the ball forward of centre, let alone kick a score....  I doubt we are going to ever deteriorate into such depths again so I guess that is a positive.

Anyway I will give a positive as I see it.  Kade Simpson. Reigning B&F.   Haven't seen him mentioned this week.   This bloke has been through everything and still throws himself in and keeps giving.  For a mob that supposedly can't recruit and can't develop recruits Kade has done nothing but the right thing by this club. Late pick, nobody to learn from, chucked in the deep end.  While we still have blokes like Kade running around we aren't going to become irrelevant.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?