Skip to main content
Topic: Give Me Something Positive!!! (Read 14005 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Give Me Something Positive!!!

Reply #45
I guess we have to put it all in perspective really.  The fact that we seem to be light years away from a premiership is what is getting us down, and that is a by product of being a Carlton supporter and having high expectations based upon a history of attaining success on such a regular basis that it becomes almost taken as a given.  As people we need to just take stock of things....  we have forgotten that success is earned and how hard is the work required.  Yes the club is in a holding pattern but given the right choices we can start the road back to success.  For the older members of this site I guess at the same time there is a nagging fear of slipping back down to where we were 10 years ago... the horror of fronting up to 25 goal floggings every week and wondering if the side will even get the ball forward of centre, let alone kick a score....  I doubt we are going to ever deteriorate into such depths again so I guess that is a positive.

Anyway I will give a positive as I see it.  Kade Simpson. Reigning B&F.   Haven't seen him mentioned this week.   This bloke has been through everything and still throws himself in and keeps giving.  For a mob that supposedly can't recruit and can't develop recruits Kade has done nothing but the right thing by this club. Late pick, nobody to learn from, chucked in the deep end.  While we still have blokes like Kade running around we aren't going to become irrelevant.
Good post Prof
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Re: Give Me Something Positive!!!

Reply #46
I guess we have to put it all in perspective really.  The fact that we seem to be light years away from a premiership is what is getting us down, and that is a by product of being a Carlton supporter and having high expectations based upon a history of attaining success on such a regular basis that it becomes almost taken as a given.  As people we need to just take stock of things....  we have forgotten that success is earned and how hard is the work required.  Yes the club is in a holding pattern but given the right choices we can start the road back to success.  For the older members of this site I guess at the same time there is a nagging fear of slipping back down to where we were 10 years ago... the horror of fronting up to 25 goal floggings every week and wondering if the side will even get the ball forward of centre, let alone kick a score....  I doubt we are going to ever deteriorate into such depths again so I guess that is a positive.

Anyway I will give a positive as I see it.  Kade Simpson. Reigning B&F.   Haven't seen him mentioned this week.   This bloke has been through everything and still throws himself in and keeps giving.  For a mob that supposedly can't recruit and can't develop recruits Kade has done nothing but the right thing by this club. Late pick, nobody to learn from, chucked in the deep end.  While we still have blokes like Kade running around we aren't going to become irrelevant.
Good post Prof

Agree. Good gear and on the money.

We are at a critical stage in the club's evolution. This must be the year we find out who the hackers and non-hackers are... players, Board and all management and support staff (except for marketing/PR, they're doing great). And at year's end we bite really big bullets and heave out anyone less than excellent. Any assistant coach who isn't achieving at a really high level can FO. (Barker becomes our defence line coach and our boys down back were made to look silly last Sunday  >:( ).

Love the comments re Simpson. Spot on. Should be Captain but is probably the 'spiritual' Skipper. Our first pick when we were banned from the first two rounds and we land Simmo at 45. If we'd gotten him at, say, pick 12 you'd still reckon he was a steal. Quality bloke and player in every respect. Well said, PROFMEISTER.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17