Skip to main content
Topic: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)  (Read 61219 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R2 : Blues V Tigers (Venting & Vitriol)

Reply #31
WHat was the deal with McLean not getting off the bench at 3 quarter time?
Got the Sh..s...whats the deal with this site tonight??? Slow as the Blues in the first half....by the way...it's gunna be a long year!!
Resigned to the fact we will finish bottom 4 I am. Get games into the kids, blokes like Robbo, Rowe, White, Curnow, Warnock are hacks and will get us nowhere. Trade whatever it takes for a decent Ruckman and KP.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
We we were missing another tall tonight.....Watson and Kruezer both being out hurt us IMO....even though Buckley played well we were trying to cheat with White at both ends of the ground at various times. I'd like to see Giles in the team....

Rowe isnt up to it and I think his cards are marked.....

Reply #33
The thing that makes me sick is that we now have a rival and bitter rival in Ninthmond. A team of pretenders that will never have a serious assault on the top 4 ever. Yet we struggle to beat them and let them get massive head starts in our games. Games that will draw huge crowds in the future. If it was against Geelong or Hawthorn I could handle it. But Richmond. Seriously ? Mick you should have said No. It would have been better for you, and probably better for us. I'm not going to start on the list but Buckley I really liked, Simpson, Bell and I thought Everitt, Murphy and Henderson were honest workers for most of the game. The rest might need a rest.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #34
Thomas is getting better, Murphy gives everything, Simmo you know what we have, Henderson if he can stay settled is a match winner.
Gibbs I just don't know whats going on, Robinson is a butcher, Warnock why? we had Sam Jacobs ffs, Waite wtf?, Eddie, surely on the last two weeks we pay him his dues, Yarren is a forward almost won the game, Ellard is limited, Rowe is a spud, and White, and Brock (and sook) and Robbo, and Bell, and Lucas, and Warnock......
But most of all it was the misuse of the footy that infuriated me. From the get go, at least six direct turnovers in the first quarter set the tenant of the game tonight. Carlton definitely lost it, they did not win it!!!!!
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #35
Rowe just simply looks like a suburban footballer
that entered a competition and won 1st prize to play a senior game

Reply #36
bucks desperation gave me some hope for the rest of this season, must play every game and he will be great, thought warnock was fantastic all night poor kicking is a worry but our lapses will continue to be a drama all year.

Mcleans last game I think, that was the biggest sook act I've seen since he under 16s

My positives were bell, Buckley, Menzel,  Everett and daisy,

Negatives - to many to mention but general kicking is a big one, we are a long way off the big boys but a long way to go!!

Reply #37
Time something was done about our goalkicking. It costs too many games. start dropping blokes or fining them for continual misses of easy goals. Much of it has to do with mental laziness. While goalkicking was just part of the story it cost us the  game.  No more excuses for that aspects.

Never boring being a Carlton supporter. You see absolute brilliance, you see shockers. Never safe when well in front, never out of the game when miles behind. Frustrating but never boring.

Reply #38
Enough doom and gloom. Were some positives i thought.

I accept we are not a top 4 team so not judging us like we are.

Nice to see some of the kids show something.

Bell, Buckley and even (Menzel and Lucas in the last quarter) all contributed and had important touches. Thomas looked better for the run and Murphy tried his heart out.

Considering we had No Judd, kruezer, walker, carrazzo and little impact from Gibbs not all is lost.

I agree with all this. I thought Waite also did some really good things as did Daisy.

Sure we don't want to lose but I think we probably gained a lot from this loss. Our biggest flaw is uncontested turnovers, which I can only put down to either a really lazy attitude or just plain stupidity from most of our players.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #39
Resigned to the fact we will finish bottom 4 I am. Get games into the kids, blokes like Robbo, Rowe, White, Curnow, Warnock are hacks and will get us nowhere. Trade whatever it takes for a decent Ruckman and KP.

Curnow finished 4th in the B&F last year and was the highest placed midfielder, that's gotta tell you something.
We're a mediocre outfit.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #40
Buckley future star, definitely a keeper and must play every game!

Murphy's centre clearance work was exceptional, it was his type of game.

Yarran easily our most dangerous player, liked the way he kept swinging forward and back, almost impossible to stop.

Last week we started well and finished sheizen, this week we start sheizen and finish well. Same old Carlton story, a bit like the Melbourne weather, we get the four seasons in four quarters. Time to play the kids and rebuild.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
Enough doom and gloom. Were some positives i thought.

I accept we are not a top 4 team so not judging us like we are.

Nice to see some of the kids show something.

Bell, Buckley and even (Menzel and Lucas in the last quarter) all contributed and had important touches. Thomas looked better for the run and Murphy tried his heart out.

Considering we had No Judd, kruezer, walker, carrazzo and little impact from Gibbs not all is lost.

I agree with all this. I thought Waite also did some really good things as did Daisy.

Sure we don't want to lose but I think we probably gained a lot from this loss. Our biggest flaw is uncontested turnovers, which I can only put down to either a really lazy attitude or just plain stupidity from most of our players.

yeah I agree with this too - but the reality is this team is being paid a  7million per annum with a collective footy spend of 20million
we're not talking about the diamond valley league!

Reply #43
You can have one of Bell or Robbo in the team but not both IMO........Bell is the better four quarter player onballer IMO

Glad to see Yarran spark our revival and liked his work on Jake King.......Garlett was good but his cute kicks for goal have to be eradicated....

Lucas won the footy well but butchered the ball...

Plaudits to the captain who was BOG IMO...Murphy led the team well and set a good example and was backed up by his right hand man in Kade Simpson who was good when things were tough..

Jamison beat Reiwoldt and Everitt proved what a handy swingman he is...

Dylan Buckley's comeback at Vickery was what impressed me.....the kids has got what it takes and while he makes some errors he has a real crack.

Henderson was ok but the constant moving of him up and down the ground means he never settles to be a a real factor.

Carrazzo and Judd are not the answer...just a very good brand of wallpaper to hide some cracks....both great warriors but we need to invest in youth ie Cripps, Holman, Graham..

Reply #44
Well done to Malthouse tonight. Keep swinging and changing till he got the mixture right.

See what kids like Menzel and Buckley can do.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset