Skip to main content
Topic: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing (Read 64866 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R3 Essendon V Carlton - Prematch Posturing

Reply #210
1:2 after 3 brings us back to the pack.  One win at this time of the year can totally change the landscape.

Reply #211
I would have given us a very good chance of winning this game especially with Paddy Ryder out of their team. He has been a thorn in our side every time he plays against us.

But then I saw that Rowe was selected again. The selectors must have a death wish.

I hope that Rowe can prove me wrong, but I reckon that on his worst day, Levi Casboult looks like a Brownlow Medalist compared to Rowe, who was totally non-competitive against Richmond, and doesn't have the capacity to take a pack mark or crash a pack like Levi can.

Unfortunately, Rowe isn't up to Senior AFL standard, neither is Watson who is predictable, one dimensional and will have you holding your breath every time the ball goes into our defensive area. Perhaps the genii at Carlton have woken up to this, and that's why they won't select him.

Reply #212
Blues by 23
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #213
If that rumor about a report to the board is correct, the last thing MM needs this week is a rousing victory. He needs the team to stink it up so fans start lighting the barbecues!

Yep imagine we come out and win by 5 goals against the flying scum and then they have to justify their comments by saying it was fluke? Just silly comments to make so early in the season, like I said, self serving defence mechanism.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #214
If that rumor about a report to the board is correct, the last thing MM needs this week is a rousing victory. He needs the team to stink it up so fans start lighting the barbecues!

Yep imagine we come out and win by 5 goals against the flying scum and then they have to justify their comments by saying it was fluke? Just silly comments to make so early in the season, like I said, self serving defence mechanism.

That's why I find it hard to believe that what was reported, was actually said.
It's wrong for so many reasons
It sends a defeatist message to the playing group but more importantly it suggests the coach doesn't rate them and can't see a way of making them better.

Reply #215
Apparantly Ambrose is in some doubt with a quad and faces a fitness test today...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-sweats-on-fitness-test-for-boom-forward-patrick-ambrose-ahead-of-carlton-blockbuster/story-fni5f6kv-1226875662253
ESSENDON could be forced to make another change to its forward line against Carlton with Patrick Ambrose facing a last-minute fitness test.

The boom 194cm youngster was on light duties at training on Saturday after leaving the track early on Thursday with what is believed to be some soreness in his quad muscle.

The Bombers yesterday remained hopeful Ambrose, 22, would take on the Blues at the MCG but will make a final call on his availability after a medical check later today.

Reply #216
How do these bastards continue finding cheap tells that turn into gold?

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #217

They wanted another strong unit like Crameri ...we would have recruited a half back flanker like Bootsma because he had upside and might grow ...

Reply #218

only 191cm, 88kg on the EFC web site?

Hardly a "boom forward' after 2 games.....?

get a grip ladies.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #219
That's why I find it hard to believe that what was reported, was actually said.
It's wrong for so many reasons
It sends a defeatist message to the playing group but more importantly it suggests the coach doesn't rate them and can't see a way of making them better.

I suppose it is one way to tank without actually tanking, destroy the teams confidence, drive and motivation to win!  ???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #220
I am worried with what we are doing to Henderson, throwing him back and forward and back again. He cant get consistancy I believe and have never liked the "swingman" title. Good teams have structure and consistancy in their structure.

I am afraid our morons are going to turn him into another Bryce Gibbs by constantly plugging holes and never developing in one position.

Reply #221
I am afraid our morons are going to turn him into another Bryce Gibbs by constantly plugging holes and never developing in one position.

You won't get too many arguments there!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #222

only 191cm, 88kg on the EFC web site?

Hardly a "boom forward' after 2 games.....?

get a grip ladies.

Fair enough but he either plays taller than 191 and I heard on Sen yesterday that he is 194 cm.

The bit that's annoying is he runs a 16.3 beep test and has good skills.

We go through draft carnivals and stuff it up, yet these guys pluck Crameri and this guy from their proverbial rectum.

He looked genuinely key tall last week and competed very well against the reigning premiers.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #223
He looked genuinely key tall last week and competed very well against the reigning premiers.

His athleticism actually reminded me of Kouta. Got me a bit worried TBH. :o
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #224
If been told to expect a couple of surprise outs from the bombers