Skip to main content
Topic: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game (Read 68751 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond - Pre-Game

Reply #180
Charlie and Levi kick 5 each, Blues by 25.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #183
My Tiggers mate asked today if I thought they could pull another flag out of their arse in the next couple of years, 10% chance I said, he was happy with that ! ????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #184
My Tiggers mate asked today if I thought they could pull another flag out of their arse in the next couple of years, 10% chance I said, he was happy with that ! ????

Ive had a look at the competition, and it pains me to say that they are a better than even money chance to go back to back, and even if they don't, they will be in the frame for another flag in 2019 and possibly even 2020 unless things change drastically.  They are actually a pretty young side.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #185
Ive had a look at the competition, and it pains me to say that they are a better than even money chance to go back to back, and even if they don't, they will be in the frame for another flag in 2019 and possibly even 2020 unless things change drastically.  They are actually a pretty young side.

With youth comes earning potential, they do well again this year and the kids will start asking for more $, and opposition will start offering more $.

The greater player power and free agency becomes, the less chance clubs have of sustaining a list.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #186
I think i'll be happy if we manage 10 goals total, regardless of who is kicking them.

I understand the pessimism given the last decade and more of misery but the tide has turned and will keep turning.

I think we match up very well with the Tigers.

I know there's a lot more to it than height and weight but:

Levi - 201cm, 103kg.

Big H - 204cm, 100kg+

Rance - 194cm, 94kg.

Astbury - 195cm, 95kg (Crippa size)

That;s a big height weight difference.....

and Charlie

195cm, 92kg.

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #187
Having a physical size advantage is only useful when a player knows how to use it.

Rance will rag doll McKay, Levi gets pushed off the ball by midfielders.

Charlie is the real deal though, when he gets to the contest he is as physically imposing as Cripps or Kreuzer.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #188
Having a physical size advantage is only useful when a player knows how to use it.

Rance will rag doll McKay, Levi gets pushed off the ball by midfielders.

Charlie is the real deal though, when he gets to the contest he is as physically imposing as Cripps or Kreuzer.

Of course, one needs to "know how to use it". Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious  :P

Rance to rag doll Harry. BS.

Rance likes to be unaccountable and play the run off role.....seldom is he made accountable one on one....

In any event, he's the likely match up for Charlie, leaving them one short for Levi and Harry.

They are really short on other tall defender types - Chol?

Let's look at their list - who would I like at Carlton - outside Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt (maybe when yuonger), Prestia (?), Caddy?, Rance (sure)

Houli had a great 2017 and GF, for sure but there's a lot of average stuff in that list....

2017 Richmond Disposals Per Game Leaders (Minimum 5 Games Played)
Rank   Name   Games   Average
1   Dustin Martin   25   29.76
2   Bachar Houli   21   23.62
3   Trent Cotchin   25   23.60
4   Dion Prestia   22   23.23
5   Shaun Grigg   25   23.08
6   Brandon Ellis   25   22.28
7   Kane Lambert   24   21.46
8   Anthony Miles   5   19.40
9   Reece Conca   6   18.00
10   Shane Edwards   20   17.65
11   Josh Caddy   22   17.27
12   Alex Rance   25   16.00
13   Nick Vlastuin   16   15.50
14   David Astbury   25   15.00
15   Kamdyn Mcintosh   24   14.92
16   Toby Nankervis   24   14.79
17   Jayden Short   16   14.75
18   Nathan Broad   10   14.00
18   Jack Graham   5   14.00
20   Sam Lloyd   8   13.62
21   Jack Riewoldt   23   13.26
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #189
Sure, whatever.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #191
Head to Head
Thursday 22/03/2018
19:25 Richmond v Carlton Markets (3)
Richmond 1.20   Carlton 4.60
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #192
Or that FB, you're a tw#t?  :)

I'll wear that badge proudly like everyone who disagrees with you! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #193
One of our problems is our poor manning up and refusal to acknowledge other teams no name playmakers....eg.a player like Kane Lambert isnt some bonehead dud but we just let him run around unattended and he hurt us badly in 2017, Grigg is another player we love to pot but he continues to rack up the possies against us, its bad enough we cant control Martin, keep kicking the ball blindly to Rance etc but unless we can show some better control of their lesser names we will be in trouble again.
Bolton has to do more than just stick more players in the back half, the other annoying feature I find is how teams play a quicker ball carrying type as Cripps opponent and how we accept his man running wild as Cripps cant defend that type of player, sure Cripps wins his share at the coalface but that loose opponent of his is often open down forward or the bloke pumping the ball in there.
There seems significant more attention to detail with other teams working out our players than we put into other teams IMO.......

Reply #194
Of course, one needs to "know how to use it". Thanks for stating the bleeding obvious  :P

Rance to rag doll Harry. BS.

Rance likes to be unaccountable and play the run off role.....seldom is he made accountable one on one....

In any event, he's the likely match up for Charlie, leaving them one short for Levi and Harry.

They are really short on other tall defender types - Chol?

Let's look at their list - who would I like at Carlton - outside Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt (maybe when yuonger), Prestia (?), Caddy?, Rance (sure)

Houli had a great 2017 and GF, for sure but there's a lot of average stuff in that list....

2017 Richmond Disposals Per Game Leaders (Minimum 5 Games Played)
Rank   Name   Games   Average
1   Dustin Martin   25   29.76
2   Bachar Houli   21   23.62
3   Trent Cotchin   25   23.60
4   Dion Prestia   22   23.23
5   Shaun Grigg   25   23.08
6   Brandon Ellis   25   22.28
7   Kane Lambert   24   21.46
8   Anthony Miles   5   19.40
9   Reece Conca   6   18.00
10   Shane Edwards   20   17.65
11   Josh Caddy   22   17.27
12   Alex Rance   25   16.00
13   Nick Vlastuin   16   15.50
14   David Astbury   25   15.00
15   Kamdyn Mcintosh   24   14.92
16   Toby Nankervis   24   14.79
17   Jayden Short   16   14.75
18   Nathan Broad   10   14.00
18   Jack Graham   5   14.00
20   Sam Lloyd   8   13.62
21   Jack Riewoldt   23   13.26

The Tigers are a very good example of the dangers of focusing on individuals rather than the collective. They are a very good team, and they play as a genuine collective. Focusing on how many A graders, B graders etc. they have is not really the issue.

They finished 3rd last year, then went on to win the flag by 8 goals, against a team many regarded as warm favourites. They've come out and smacked an underdone Bombers team by nearly 15 goals in a ps hit out.

We finished 16th, had another big turnover of players, with plenty of focus on youth. If we play plenty of kids, and the Tigers apply that manic pressure, those kids will be shell shocked.

Your allegiance to the Navy Blue cause and the new regime is admirable, but I think we're still miles away from competing with the Tigers and their ilk.