Skip to main content
Topic: Some Sobering Reading  (Read 1448 times) previous topic - next topic

Some Sobering Reading

Just so everyone is the same page and doesn’t try and gloss over and make excuses for the club. Here are our starts to the last 9 seasons:

2013 0-3
2014 0-4
2015 0-3
2016 0-4
2017 0-2
2018 0-7
2019 0-4
2020 0-2
2021 0-2*

Now tell me the likes of Murphy and his cohorts have been great servants of this club.

It’s time! It’s time to be rid of the likes of Simpson, Kreuzer, Murphy and anyone else associated during this bleak period. What are Simpson and Kreuzer still doing around the club anyway?

What sort of winning culture can they impart to anyone? Fark me, Simpson has the most losses in the history of the game attributed to a player and Kreuzer wouldn’t be far behind.

What’s wrong with this place?

Jesus wept...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Re: Some Sobering Reading

Reply #1
Simpson works with the AFLW team, Kruezer is ruck coach.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Simpson works with the AFLW team, Kruezer is ruck coach.
So Simpson has brought the winning feeling to the girls now. From flag favourite to missing the finals. What a magic touch he has...
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #3
So Simpson has brought the winning feeling to the girls now. From flag favourite to missing the finals. What a magic touch he has...
The girls can still make finals.....and the girls love him.

He is the forwards coach. We have the leagues leading goalkicker at the moment. Can't be all bad.

Reply #4
The girls can still make finals.....and the girls love him.

He is the forwards coach. We have the leagues leading goalkicker at the moment. Can't be all bad.
Oh silly me, I forgot about him being a good bloke equates to winning games. Sorry, never mind me, back in my box.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #5
Oh silly me, I forgot about him being a good bloke equates to winning games. Sorry, never mind me, back in my box.
Thats one up on our old mate Pagan. ;)

Reply #6
The girls can still make finals.....
Ummm, this aged well. Well done Simmo, you've imparted your winning ways to a flag favourite who are now playing a dead rubber tomorrow. Nice work dude, you're killin' it!
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #7
Ummm, this aged well. Well done Simmo, you've imparted your winning ways to a flag favourite who are now playing a dead rubber tomorrow. Nice work dude, you're killin' it!
I'm not the one potting a bloke week after week that was named the best player in the competition by the coaches.

Reply #8
Victory isn't defined by ultimate success.

Simpson is a victor through his career efforts.

He was a skinny kid who couldn't get a kick, and yet somehow played over 300 games in navy, and managed to play a consecutive number of matches for many straight seasons.  He provided us some great highlights, played at a very bleak period and is highly respected by the footy industry and fans alike.

I remember sitting in front of some saints supporters who commented as much a few years back stating that he was the sort of player that you always respected and never begrudged a win for.

At the end of the day, if we define a player as successful as only being a flag winner, then they'd mostly be failures and blokes like Bob skilton are losers, right?
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
Victory isn't defined by ultimate success.

Simpson is a victor through his career efforts.

He was a skinny kid who couldn't get a kick, and yet somehow played over 300 games in navy, and managed to play a consecutive number of matches for many straight seasons.  He provided us some great highlights, played at a very bleak period and is highly respected by the footy industry and fans alike.

I remember sitting in front of some saints supporters who commented as much a few years back stating that he was the sort of player that you always respected and never begrudged a win for.

At the end of the day, if we define a player as successful as only being a flag winner, then they'd mostly be failures and blokes like Bob skilton are losers, right?
While that's all "touchy feely" good and all, my point still stands. It's like Nathan Jones at Melbourne these guys were at the wrong place at the wrong time when they got drafted. No one is doubting that.

But we've got to get the stench of losing out of the place. It's now been over 2 decades and guys like you still carry on like these great servants are awesome. No they aren't/weren't. It's a game of winning and losing and we've done so much of the latter is become beyond a joke now.

Surely you're even sick of it? Sometimes to affect the change you have to make some hard calls. These are some of the hard calls I believe need to be made. Murphy should have gone years ago to be honest, because he exemplifies the soft losing culture that permeates the club.

The sad part is, we as supporters are now accustomed to this and now make allowances for it as you did in your response. It's now to the point of acceptance. It's never the players fault, and you all offer "reasons" why we haven't won, progressed, were desperate enough etc etc etc... It's embarrassing to the truly great players and the history of the club.
Drugs are bad, mmmkay...

Reply #10
While that's all "touchy feely" good and all, my point still stands. It's like Nathan Jones at Melbourne these guys were at the wrong place at the wrong time when they got drafted. No one is doubting that.

But we've got to get the stench of losing out of the place. It's now been over 2 decades and guys like you still carry on like these great servants are awesome. No they aren't/weren't. It's a game of winning and losing and we've done so much of the latter is become beyond a joke now.

Surely you're even sick of it? Sometimes to affect the change you have to make some hard calls. These are some of the hard calls I believe need to be made. Murphy should have gone years ago to be honest, because he exemplifies the soft losing culture that permeates the club.

The sad part is, we as supporters are now accustomed to this and now make allowances for it as you did in your response. It's now to the point of acceptance. It's never the players fault, and you all offer "reasons" why we haven't won, progressed, were desperate enough etc etc etc... It's embarrassing to the truly great players and the history of the club.

If simpson had come to us at a successful time, he probably wouldn't have played more than 20 games.

Its just reality.  He's a lesson in applying yourself.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson