Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal (Read 31714 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal

Reply #90
Key word was 'intentional' re Hawkins. Our boys and May, 'careless', which is unintentional. I think Gerard has his cods in a knot with Hawkins being a Pussycat 'n' all.
Key is also Hawkins (on advice from legal council) pleaded guilty. So he walked in, pulled his pants down and got reamed by the tribunal. Cest La Vie
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
Key is also Hawkins (on advice from legal council) pleaded guilty. So he walked in, pulled his pants down and got reamed by the tribunal. Cest La Vie

Curnows pleaded guilty....to careless contact.

Hawkins couldn't plead guilty to careless contact because he walked up to the umpire and reached out.

Reply #92
Reckon the AFL will appeal it. Media heavyweights have gone nuts about it. Not sure why little was said about May also getting off?

All over social media and mentions on AFL site they are seriously considering it and have till midday to lodge it.

More to come I think.

Reply #93
Reckon the AFL will appeal it. Media heavyweights have gone nuts about it. Not sure why little was said about May also getting off?

All over social media and mentions on AFL site they are seriously considering it and have till midday to lodge it.

More to come I think.

Its BS.

Both umpires said that at no time were they threatened or thought anything of it. One umpire didn't even recall the contact at all.

If the umpires don't bother mentioning it, how can a player be suspended for it? They can't.

If the AFL are to appeal it for 'the good of the game' then perhaps they should shut the media up who keep pointing these issues out and blowing them up out of all proportion so the AFL is FORCED to act on it...for the good of the game.

Its a bad look, sure, so stop highlighting it.

Reply #94

More to come I think.

I reckon they won't.

Lets look at this properly:

Umpires who didnt complain about misconduct, have testified to tribunal on behalf of the players fronting up as to why they shouldnt get a fine.

On what grounds could the AFL possibly decide to ask for this to be reviewed??
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
SEN Gerard Whateley in his closing statement at the end of his segment said he is adamant the AFL will be appealing it and it be announced shortly.

Joke if it happens. And if it does we can be 100% certain both brother will be rubbed out.

AFL wont appeal if their is any risk it wont be overturned. They cant afford to do that.

And did I mention Mr Whateley happens to be a life long Cats supporter.  ::) 

Reply #96
Appeals going in for both Curnow's but not May??? WTF??

Reply #97
Cases being heard at 3pm tomorrow.

Reply #98

May is on his way to China, so maybe that's it, but thought they'd still appeal and do it next week.

Reply #99
You only get a week if it's intentional. Charlie's was obviously careless.

If I were the Tribunal members I'd tell the AFL to stick their job up their @rse.

Reply #100
So Whateley is pulling the AFL strings now...? Mmm All eyes on May...

This AFL administration is the most confused, jumping at shadows, incoherent, indecisive yet.

We see a hip to the head on the w/e -- broken neck potential -- nothing!!! Touch an umpire... oh dear. I thought the Hawkins suspension was also ridiculous when a strong fine and warning to all players would have been far more sensible.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #101
Simply embarrassing for the AFL.

Another bad blunder by  bunch of amateurs....

If they get a week each, or one is done, they should launch court action.

Is there new evidence? What are the rules about appealing? What are the grounds?!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #102
AFL to Tribunal "Wrong answer! Keep trying until you get the right one!"  ::)

Megalomaniacs.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #103
I reckon they won't.

Lets look at this properly:

Umpires who didnt complain about misconduct, have testified to tribunal on behalf of the players fronting up as to why they shouldnt get a fine.

On what grounds could the AFL possibly decide to ask for this to be reviewed??

What LEGAL grounds? None.

There is no new evidence.

It all comes down to a "i think vs he thinks" as to whether it was intentional or not. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reply #104

x2....From Hawkins, May to the Curnows its been inconsistent....the umpires have downplayed all contact as well, its just embarrassing for the AFL IMO.