Skip to main content
Topic: International Rules Match 2014 (Read 7627 times) previous topic - next topic

International Rules Match 2014

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-08/cream-of-the-crop

Ireland will be missing Carlton trio Zach Tuohey, Ciaran Sheehan and Ciaran Byrne after they reportedly chose not to represent their country to instead focus on preparing for another pre-season with the Blues.

No Blues for Ireland or Australia. Sounds like the playing group has decided to give it a miss to concentrate on next season. Only eligible players are Judd, Thomas, Murphy, Tuohy, Byrne and Sheehan.

The squad: G Birchall (Haw), T Boak (PA), L Breust (Haw), P Dangerfield (Adel), D Fletcher (Ess), N Fyfe (Fre), B Goddard (Ess), R Gray (PA), B Harvey (NM), L Hodge (Haw), K Jack (Syd), S Johnson (Geel), J McVeigh (Syd), S Mitchell (Haw), L Montagna (StK), N Naitanui (WCE), N Riewoldt (StK), T Rockliff (BL), J Selwood (Geel), B Smith (Adel), N Smith (Syd), H Taylor (Geel), J Watson (Ess), C Wingard (PA).

Re: International Rules Match 2014

Reply #1
Good to see our Irish blokes have got their priorities right . . . or they can see that it is a farcical competition.

I thought that only AA players could represent the AFL and that would rule out Judd, Thomas and Murphy.  If they are eligible, I hope they follow Tuohy, Byrne and Sheehan's example and focus on getting right for 2015.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
Good to see our Irish blokes have got their priorities right . . . or they can see that it is a farcical competition.

I thought that only AA players could represent the AFL and that would rule out Judd, Thomas and Murphy.  If they are eligible, I hope they follow Tuohy, Byrne and Sheehan's example and focus on getting right for 2015.

All Australians from any year are eligible.

Reply #3
almost forgot about this. I personality haven't been interested in it for years.

Reply #4
We should look at it: we've used it pretty well to recruit Irishmen in the past.
In the last series there was Michael Shields (ex Blue), Ciaran Sheehan, Ciaran Byrne and Zac Tuohy. Not a bad group. We can try to work out who we are getting next.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Hate this weird, hybrid sport with a passion. Boring as batshyte, no interest whatsoever.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #6
When it first came out I loved it and can remember getting home on a Sunday night in the late 90s after a hard weekend's clubbing and watching a few cracking games with Campo running amok. Now I just don't GAF.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Yawn.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
Not for me I'm afraid. It's a plastic meaningless imitation of footy. Next!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
+1 the A league isn't my cup of tea but I'm loyal to the team I grew up supporting South Melbourne.  If they get in look out!
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11
Couldn't give a flying fork.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #12
Used to be good when they'd have a bit of Biffo. Now it just resembles the sort of aerial ping pong that the NRL devotees love to slap our code with.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #13
International Rules is a contrived game that doesn't do justice to either of the indigenous codes.  Give it the flick pass and focus on getting the domestic game right - and that includes banning drug cheats!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Just bring on the farking Cricket FFS!!!!
IN WADA WE TRUST