Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!  (Read 44970 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : Blues Beat Saints To Win The Cake-Tin !!

Reply #30
Cripps was the difference today !!  
Good come back, lucky the Saints died in the ars3.

Thankfully we had Cripps, Henderson, Bell, Woods and Buckley lifting the team over the line.

How did Murphy win the medal.. simply not enough impact !

Gibbs is woeful and playing scarred.
Carrots is finished.
Curnow, what is he offering?

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #31
Cripps was the difference today !!  
Good come back, lucky the Saints died in the ars3.

Thankfully we had Cripps, Henderson, Bell, Woods and Buckley lifting the team over the line.

How did Murphy win the medal.. simply not enough impact !

Gibbs is woeful and playing scarred.
Carrots is finished.
Curnow, what is he offering?

Did Murph win it, stuff me. I guess het gets given everything else.

Reply #32
As I said in the other thread, give Murphy a bit of credit... worked hard, got smashed repeatedly off the ball, stood up.

Hendo a class above his opponent, Bell finished well, Buckley showed a bit of zip.

Cripps fantastic... the signs are good, he can get the hard ball and he will only get better.

Reply #33
What about Tuohy? I had him as our best at half time.

Funny as Meddy43 said he was the worst on ground early on.

He was ok. His best piece of play was giving a don't argue from defence before running it forward to deliver to boekhorst who popped it over the top for hendo. I think you were still around for that.
Didn't do anything to demand BOG status in the 2nd half, but certainly didn't do anything to suggest WOG status either. Solid.

Reply #34
Dont have foxtel but had a radio so I cant comment other than

1.  jamison being subbed was unusual If he wasnt injured
2. Put the old blokes out to pasture and play the kids...

Reply #35
Saints subbed McCartin and bought on Saad, we then took Jammo off.

Reply #36
Dont have foxtel but had a radio so I cant comment other than

1.  jamison being subbed was unusual If he wasnt injured

1. It wasn't unusual. He was under an injury cloud prior to the game. His opponent was the one subbed out of the game. There was only 1 other key forward the saints had playing so it was either he or Rowe to be subbed out. It ended up being Jammo, who ended up icing his calf on the sidelines.

It may have actually been the turning point in the game - the subs - as it made them 1-dimensional and easy to stop. They probably would've been hoping we didn't sub out a tall so they could exploit us. It didn't work.

I'm tipping had they have subbed someone else out, Jammo wouldn't have been subbed...even if he was carrying a niggle.

That is probably one thing Malthouse does deserve credit for....choosing to sub Jammo out when he did.

Reply #37
Not sure why all the hate on Murph. I watched the game and he stuck his head over it all day. You dont get 24 contested pos out of 35 and have a poor game. It was a good Captains game.
Eat more chooks

Reply #38
Murph was better today but it was against St Kilda. Former no 1 pick almost 200 gamer and captain of your club I would be expecting that performance week in week out and against the top sides. I guess expectations have dropped that much....

Reply #39
I'm gonna call it, Cripps is gonna be a star if this competition. He is a deadset brute, as is Bell, both imposing figures. Bell's third quarter was superb, as was his second half in general.

I tell ya what, the treatment Murphy was copping from go to whoa behind play was like nothing I've ever seen.....and to his credit, he never flinched and never stopped, toughest game I've seen Murph play. Some of his 24 handballs were pretty awful to be honest, but overall I can't fault his game and thoroughly deserved B.O.G. honours. 10 kicks to 24 handballs is fairly lopsided ratio though, rumours at the ground today is that he's carrying a lower leg injury and that kind of ratio makes you wonder if it's true.

The first half was just plain ugly.....well, let's face it, most of the game was, but Hendo played his best game in over a season, I thought Wood was good, Curnow made up for last week's disaster, Simmo was typical Simmo, Docherty was solid and Tuohy played his best game of the year so far.

Liam Jones contests well, he really does to his credit, but geez he needs to get more of the footy and when does get the footy, he needs to hurt teams on the scoreboard a lot more than he does. Rowe made some howling mistakes too which is concerning, as his year has been horribly underwhelming and I'm over Casboult's kicking, I really am. Gibbs got better as the game progressed, but his 2015 form is nowhere his 2014 form.

40 points was a good margin though and I'll take that anyday of the week. The Carlton support at the ground was pretty good......quite a few more Saints seeing as they had all the prime seats and it was their home game, but we obviously had a lot more to be loud about in that 2nd half. Good to see Andy Lee there, sitting a few rows in front of us and he's genuinely hardcore with his barracking and just seems to be a cracking guy.

The wind whipping through the stadium was friggin' freezing and apparently that was their 'warm' wind!
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #40
Not sure why all the hate on Murph. I watched the game and he stuck his head over it all day. You dont get 24 contested pos out of 35 and have a poor game. It was a good Captains game.

Not sure too many are knocking his game, just didn't think he was THE bog.

Cripps vs Murphy
Pos 33 vs 34
CPs 23 vs 24
Mrk  4 vs  1
CMs 1 vs  0
Clr  8 vs 10
Tkl 11 vs 3
GAs  2 vs 0
Gls  1 vs 0
R50 1 vs 0
I50 2 vs 6
1%s 3 vs 1
Clg  2 vs 5

Murphy pretty much had him covered in every area.

Reply #41
Saints subbed McCartin and bought on Saad, we then took Jammo off.

Jamo had his calf heavily iced when he came off in the third, hence he was subbed.

Reply #42
...rumours at the ground today is that he's carrying a lower leg injury and that kind of ratio makes you wonder if it's true.

Its no rumour Brettie it was highlighted weeks ago. In the pre-game to the Weagles game. It's his knee that is giving him grief.

Apparently it has been for 12 months now. Gets it drained often.

Reply #43
Jamo had his calf heavily iced when he came off in the third, hence he was subbed.

What came first the calf or the sub?

How many players do you see getting iced after a game? This was Jamos 'after the game'.

Reply #44
Crowd was a tick over 12,000. Not sure what the expected crowd figure was supposed to be, don't think there were too many curious locals there to be honest. I don't see the point or benefits of playing a game over here, I'm assuming the Saints get some sort of financial kick-back, but other than that, the point of it all is lost on me.