Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks  (Read 39628 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

This Sunday at 2:00 PM. Definitely not on TV, more is the pity. Richmond and Essendon appear to be Channel 7's favourites, as they are both on again.
The suggestion is that Kreuzer will be back. Considering that Northern didn't have a recognized ruckman against at least 3 B*mber rucks and still almost won, then Kreuzer could make a big difference.
It will be very interesting to see how the teams line up.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL Round #7: Northern Blues vs. Box Hill Hawks

Reply #1
Crash, I heard Kreuzer struggled in his last game, almost as though he was lost. Does he look like he can fin some form in the next few weeks. I wouldn't rush him back to the seniors unless he gets some confidence.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Crash, I heard Kreuzer struggled in his last game, almost as though he was lost. Does he look like he can fin some form in the next few weeks. I wouldn't rush him back to the seniors unless he gets some confidence.
To be honest, I wouldn't call him 'lost', but he looked like he had a LONG way to go against North Ballarat. His ruck work was just so so, against a decent pair of rucks. He didn't do much around the ground or up forward. Warnock was far more effective and even kicked 2 goals. In fact, it was Warnock lifting his game late in the 3rd quarter that got the Blues back into the game.
I would not be rushing Kreuzer into the seniors, not by a long shot. He needs to get 40+ taps and 20+ possessions before I'd even think about it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3

Lost, that's what happens when you play a bloke who is potentially one of the leagues best ruckmen as a forward or defender.

crape like that has to stop, good players playing in their best positions, not a bunch of standardised robots who are 8/10ths of feck all everywhere else on the ground!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
Box Hill Hawks vs. Northern Blues   
Sunday, May 31
Box Hill City Oval at 2pm

Box Hill Hawks

B:   Miles   Heatherley   Gordon
HB:   Mirra   Litherland   Crocker
C:   Suckling   Simpkin   Whitecross
HF:   Sicily   Anderson   Willsmore
F:   Iles   Grimley   O'Brien
R:   Pittonet   O'Rourke   Woodward
Int:   P. McEvoy   Summers   Hardisty    Collins   Williams   S. Gibson*    Lock   Evans   Lawlor

Northern Blues

B:   McGuinness   Jaksch   Fields
HB:   Wilkinson   Foster   Smith
C:   Dick   Walsh   Whiley
HF:   Bransgrove   Dirago   Ellard
F:   Johnson   Watson   Gowers
R:   Kreuzer   Boekhorst   Holman
Int:   Bolger   Walton   Wilson    Aurrichio   Ballard*   Johnston    Strachan   Armitage   Russell

We can't seem to take a trick on the injury front. At least this week the Blues have a ruckman in the team.
I know I flag that particular horse a fair bit, but we just do not have enough rucks on our list. It was a stupid error than was unnecessary. If we were only going to manage with 3, and one of those injured (Kreuzer), then the NB's needed at least 1. But the nearest to a true ruckman is Bolger and he isn't big enough for the job and young Aurrichio had never played there before and was being groomed to be a defender. That is simply poor management and dumb recruiting. Hopefully we learn our lesson soon. I'm not going to live forever!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Box Hill Hawks vs. Northern Blues   
Sunday, May 31   
Box Hill City Oval at 11am

Box Hill Hawks

B:   Codd-Miller   Lock   Collins
HB:   Exon   McEvoy   Fisher
C:   Evans   Lawlor   Franetic
HF:   Burt   L. Langford   Switkowski
F:   Graham   Williams   Jones
R:   Z. Monkhorst   Hardisty   Tatupu
Int:   Traynor   Donoghue   Murphy    Walker   Munks   R. Monkhorst    Bond   Dimasi   Zema    Summers   Kidd   Vizzarri    Sheridan-Ferrie      

Northern Blues

B:   Langwell   J. Roberts   Porter
HB:   McDonald   M. Gleeson   Johnston
C:   Haynes   Soncin   Strachan
HF:   Murray   Walton   Totevski
F:   Armitage   Coulson   Bolger
R:   Aurrichio   Perry   Cattapan
Int:   Aujla   Tardio   K. Roberts    Yelland   Whillas   Stevens    Kinsella   Conlon   Wild    Kilpatrick   McDonagh   Jenkins
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Yarran going down opens a spot for next week. If Watson is fair dinkum, he'll come out and kick a few. There is a nice big spot available for him in the seniors if he wants it enough. God knows Jones isn't doing anything.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
I'd replace Jones with Jaksch.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
I'd replace Jones with Jaksch.
Can't do any worse and might be able to do a lot better as he develops.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #10
i would replace Jones with a traffic cone.

We did that a couple of weeks ago and Watson got two possessions for tge game.

It's bare.  That key forward cupboard.   Liam Jones reminds me of brad fisher except fisher was slightly better one trick pony.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #11

It's bare.  That key forward cupboard.   Liam Jones reminds me of brad fisher except fisher was slightly better one trick pony.

We have to make the best of things for the time being and play to who we've got. Drop Jone's, stop bombing long into our F50 and look to leads, running and shorter passing into F50 until we can find some good KPFs. Casboult gives us the tall option of course and I think he should be working the 45 to 55 metre arc.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
i would replace Jones with a traffic cone.
The traffic cone would have more aerobic capacity.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
We did that a couple of weeks ago and Watson got two possessions for the game.

Jones chases and occasionally tackles someone - the witches hat (i.e. Watson) doesn't.

Reply #14

Mate Brad Fisher was a great contested mark held back by his kicking and slight frame, Jones is just nothing.

Watson must get another go, a proper run of ten games. We owe it to ourselves.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!