Skip to main content
Topic: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide Post Bye pre game (Read 19510 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide Post Bye pre game

We play another Saturday afternoon game and we are not on TV: I guess we had best get used to having a smaller TV profile with our results this year. 1:40 start at the MCG: a token to have had Port Adelaide play on the MCG before the finals come around.

Our first game in the Post Judd Era: it will be interesting to see if we can produce the same intensity as we did against Adelaide, We could be a chance.

WE should get a few guys back: Jamo, Gibbs, Byrne, to mention a few. Should we bring them straight back in, or make only a few changes? There are good reasons to return them slowly. After all, the week afterwards we play Gold Coast at Etihad and GC barely have an effective playing list. Then again, they might be getting some guys back as well.

Do we want to win badly enough to select the team that can do it? After all, from now on, losing is winning at the draft table.
Personally, I REALLY want to develop a winning culture and a winning game plan, some of the unfulfilled promise of the Malthouse Administration. But are we going to get it?

To look at form, Port should kill us. However, they are only a shadow of what they were last year and teams have managed to work them out a bit. Have we managed to work them out? Do we have the game plan or the cattle to do the job?

Say tune to Saturday's game to get the answers to these and other vital questions!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Round 12: Carlton vs. Port Adelaide Post Bye pre game

Reply #1
Yarran should also return.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
Crash, if you reckon our profile is low, just wait until 2016, it will be like we don't exist.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
There's a little bit of a buzz around the place at the moment after an improved effort last week.
Important we don't suffer from a severe case of "buzz kill".

They will be looking to get their season back on track.

If we can keep them to a fairly even contest we'll have done OK.
Small steps.

Reply #4
Crash, if you reckon our profile is low, just wait until 2016, it will be like we don't exist.
We'll probably deserve it if our performances continue as they did under Malthouse this year.
However, if we look like we are heading in the right direction, we may be able to keep a reasonable portion of our coverage.

One of the side effects, the unintended consequences of our form, is that we will probably get more travelling. That may do something for our interstate supporters.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
I will be going along again this week. I expect Port will come out and hit us with everything. It will be crucial for us not to get blown away in the first quarter and to stay steady. That way we might hang in with some hope. Our senior players will be vital to keep the guys focused - let's hope they come to play.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Barrett and Lyon reckon Port have been worked out - don't give them the corridor and they struggle.

Make of that what you will.

Reply #7
lets get revenge for that hiding they gave us and completely runied there year,so simple stop there run and force them kick long .(i hope)

Reply #8
Port have way too much to play for after last Friday nights disaster. They couldn't have hoped for a better match-up than to play us. They actually weren't that bad against Geelong but the cats pulled one out of the history books. Not sure they can continue that form.
Our boys now seem to give a fark and hopefully that will continue on this Saturday but I suspect we'll still go down by 10+ goals.
Yarran to return
If fit all of Gibbs, Jamison AND Thomas.

Probably look to give Armfield and Carazzo a rest. Neither of which will probably be around next year. Tutt and Menzel also but not for the same reason.
I'd love the club to play Byrne, but there's no dounbt he'll come back through the magoos.

Reply #9
There's a little bit of a buzz around the place at the moment after an improved effort last week.
Important we don't suffer from a severe case of "buzz kill".

They will be looking to get their season back on track.

If we can keep them to a fairly even contest we'll have done OK.
Small steps.

How I read it too. Bit of talent returning which will help. Like to see us win, and of course we're a chance, but if we lose as long as it is a strongly competitive effort and the final margin is less than 3 goals. If we win, a blowout would be okay  ;D :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
I think with those strong ins we can win this one. Just can't wait to see Murph rip in hard again after last week. I will be working until 3 so I guess I'll just get the second half.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
Barrett and Lyon reckon Port have been worked out - don't give them the corridor and they struggle.

Make of that what you will.

They said that about Geelong as well a couple of weeks back when the WCE took them apart.

I never reckon it's that's simple against the good sides, they rarely "give" you anything you want, you have to take it.

When Port were running, really running, both ways, they took what they wanted.

They can't sustain it like last year, it's all a bit hard, particularly the second halves. They thought they could rock up and do what they did last year, but that's not enough, you have to improve EVERY YEAR.

.........and their drop off in work is exposing the fact that they have some ordinary footballers in that side.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #12
We are likely to play Port back into form. I don't see us losing by more than a few goals. Surely we will show enough ticker to make this game a contest. The games won't get any easier this season without Judd. We will see what he was worth during the next few games.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #13
I think with those strong ins we can win this one. Just can't wait to see Murph rip in hard again after last week. I will be working until 3 so I guess I'll just get the second half.

That's where foxtel IQ is gold!

Reply #14
Its not enough to beat Carlton, we're seen as a percentage booster.  I expect to be flogged.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?