Skip to main content
Topic: Future of the footy forum (Read 43442 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Future of the footy forum

Reply #60
If the forum was to go the social media route I would not use it anymore.

That's another x2 from me as well.  I'm am gradually withdrawing from facebook....it's just mostly rubbish & political agendas now.

I don't post a heap, more to do with my own confidence among so knowledgeable crowd than this site !  But I certainly have never felt like I couldn't, & on those occasions when I do extrapolate on a topic, or even (heaven forbid) create a new one myself....I've never been made to feel like an idiot for doing so.

cheers

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #61
I stumbled across the site years and years ago after a particularly depressing loss in our darkest darkest days and was looking for solace from somewhere.
1)   Is there still a place for the anonymous forum like ours or are we a dying breed?
Hope it's not dying. Wouldn't be going onto facebook or whatever else people use nowadays. It's either this or nothing as far as I'm concerned.
2)   Do we need to change to remain viable in the current climate?
Possible but not sure to what extent. I'm comfortable with how things run now.
3)   What changes would people like to see?
The old emoticons were better.
Is there a whatever happened to option somewhere because people look to have been dropped off and I must have been away and missed the reason. Where are you Karroto?
4)   What other Carlton sites do you visit/ are a member of?
None.
5)   Is there anything in particular you don’t like about the site in its current form.
Probably a bit busy for my liking. Wouldn't mind if a few bits and spices got dropped off. Some of the things on here I haven't ever looked at.
6)   What do you like that keeps you posting/ viewing here
The reports people put on. The guys that do the VFL especially. Post game threads are always interesting. Sometimes the off football topics get me interested too.

Not a huge contributor but this site would be the number one visited by me other than Google.

Reply #62
The forum probably doesn't get as much attention because our club is heading in the right direction.
So instead of writing and bagging the club for poor decisions there is little to comment on because the club is doing everything right at the moment.
We just need to s=win some games and then we will talk about how good we are. :D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #63
The old emoticons were better.
Is there a whatever happened to option somewhere because people look to have been dropped off and I must have been away and missed the reason. Where are you Karroto?

http://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?topic=2843.0

Reply #65
I like it. I don't post as often as I used to. In the early days, before Twitter, it was pretty good for picking up and/or spreading rumours. I  think it's still relevant and I'll keep looking in from time to time.

Reply #66
That's another x2 from me as well.  I'm am gradually withdrawing from facebook....it's just mostly rubbish & political agendas now.

I don't post a heap, more to do with my own confidence among so knowledgeable crowd than this site !  But I certainly have never felt like I couldn't, & on those occasions when I do extrapolate on a topic, or even (heaven forbid) create a new one myself....I've never been made to feel like an idiot for doing so.

cheers

I'm an occasional poster but avid visited of this site, love the insight provided by many knowledgeable posters and hope like hell it continues for many years to come. Facebook and Twitter have their place, and if it helps keep this site relevant then I'm all for it. Let's do what we need to do to keep the site firing as we have some good times coming up that will make it a pleasure to visit!
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #67

Zero tolerance of personal abuse but banning to be a very last resort - I still miss PI2C  :(

That could involve more active intervention by mods at the slightest hint of personal animosity creeping into a thread.

Restructuring the forum to simplify where new topics should go may help folk to kick off discussions.

5)   Is there anything in particular you don’t like about the site in its current form.

Kruddler!  Only joking; I generally enjoy his contributions  :) 

When is a joke not a joke? What is a joke to one, is not a joke to another.

Contradiction much?

In any event, i'm pretty thick skinned and don't care. But the same comments made at another person might yield different results. Not good for the casual observer who doesn't understand the dynamic of the people involved either.
So what are the mods to do in that situation? Act quickly and kill all the fun? Let it run and potentially escalate? Not sure about the others, but i was not handed a crystal ball during my time on the moderating team. Its a thankless task that puts a target on your back. The mods should get a big wrap for what they are doing already.

Reply #68
Glad to read so many positive comments and suggestions.

I'm very sure this site is extremely relevant and run in a spirit that encourages and supports serious, passionate and committed Mighty Bluebagger folks to have a genuine meeting place for discussion and good natured and good humoured banter. And having such a 'spirit' this site soon becomes disinteresting to trolls, malcontents and similar c0ckheads.

As many others have mentioned I'm also becoming more and more disinterested in FB... the novelty is wearing off.

As for changes, well, I firmly believe this site 'aint broke' so it doesn't really need any major changes. I would like to see a greater emoticon variety as we had with the old site.

I'm not a member of any other Bluebagger sites, though during trade period I tend to check them out for 'rumours'... most of which turn out to be horseshizen. This year I only visited BF for rumours, but this site CSC is my favourite by a mile and has been since 2009 when I joined.

I don't believe the fall-off in numbers is due to anything more than the fluctuating fortunes of the on-field performance... it'll change as our fortunes also change, though if our performance next season mirrors this season, there will be an influx of heated discussion!

I, too, miss some of the characters we've had on here though a couple would go way too far (personal slights etc) and limiting that behaviour is one of the genuine strengths of this site.

There is nothing about the site's current format that I dislike.

What I particularly like about this site is not only the footy talk and the variety of perspectives but there is also much genuine intelligent conversation about prevailing social issues. I've met a few folks through this site and attended games together which is fabulous. Mrs Baggers has enjoyed this also... along with RRs dry sense of humour  ;) ;) :)

Keep up the good work. :)

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #69
Glad to read so many positive comments and suggestions.

I'm very sure this site is extremely relevant and run in a spirit that encourages and supports serious, passionate and committed Mighty Bluebagger folks to have a genuine meeting place for discussion and good natured and good humoured banter. And having such a 'spirit' this site soon becomes disinteresting to trolls, malcontents and similar c0ckheads.

Oi !  no taking my name in vain please !!!

:)

cheers

(and you reckon I haven't heard every variation of the "mal" words as nicknames over the years  !...the most long lived was when I was a mad fast bowler, & my teammates went with "Malfunction")

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #70
Oi !  no taking my name in vain please !!!

:)

cheers

(and you reckon I haven't heard every variation of the "mal" words as nicknames over the years  !...the most long lived was when I was a mad fast bowler, & my teammates went with "Malfunction")

:)) :)) :)) No way I was thinking of you, Malo... you're a ripper. I was thinking of a couple in particular who haven't been on the site for a while.  :) :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #71
Sheik isn't posting much, I remember some of the older contributors in Phoenix Johnson and even Synbad the sailor man at one stage, It would be great to find out where they have all gone and why they stopped posting or using the forum. People need to know the forum is there of course, how do we advertise it?

Reply #72
Sheiky’s had a midlife crisis and become “Lordlucifer”
All that fire and brimstone has gotten to his head ????????
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #73
Sheik isn't posting much, I remember some of the older contributors in Phoenix Johnson and even Synbad the sailor man at one stage, It would be great to find out where they have all gone and why they stopped posting or using the forum. People need to know the forum is there of course, how do we advertise it?

The Sheik has metamorphosed but his new persona - Lord Lucifer - doesn't post all that often now ...
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74

Think Synbad went to TC then Big Footy...may have had the nick "the Heatley stand end" on BF.....his info was some of the best but a few other posters
were envious of his inside knowledge and liked to tangle with him..