Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 87342 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #480
Also I do not get why discussing the extortion tactics of one party is somehow victim blaming.

FWIW, is there even a victim in this case, and if there is, is it the one you think, is it the one that woke culture declares?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #481
100% .  I get the feeling that one party was interested in some coin.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #482
100% .  I get the feeling that one party was interested in some coin.
Yes, it's amazing how the offer or demand of a cash settlement seems to be the cure for all moral wrongs!

Do all dickheads deserve compensation, have they always got to have someone else to blame for their own stupidity?

As an observer I've been through scenarios like this many times in a corporate environment, dodgy emails between participants is the typical scenario which then become disclosed due to some social or workplace fallout. It's impossible to convince me either party is a victim without extraordinary evidence. To add to my cynicism the issues are nearly always settled based on opinion, and that is rarely an opinion aligned with the party who is right, it's usually about money! We waste so much time and effort dotting the Is and crossing Ts to avoid being the victim of an opportunistic ar5ehole who has discovered a trick to profit at the expense of others from a FB page! Woke is just the new Political Correctness, which was just the new Feminism, which was just the new ....... fill in whatever movement you like to declare here.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #483
I'm not at all surprised the mental stress got to him.  His life now changed and it doesn't seem at all fair.

Reply #484
I'm not at all surprised the mental stress got to him.  His life now changed and it doesn't seem at all fair.
Yes, the risk in this event it is not and was not symmetrical, and that should raise alarm bells for the observer.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #485
Pat Cummins the new captain.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #487
Ashwin up to his old tricks again I see.

Reply #489
And his mates in the media excuse his behaviour.... Because only Australians cheat.

Reply #490
The non striking batsman should just run through him.

Reply #491
I've seen it done

Reply #492
Soon make him think about doing it again.

Reply #493
Great game between India and NZ, Ashwin was up to his old tricks bowling in front of the ump and getting in the path of the batsman as he left the wicket area.
Kiwis hung on with great grit thanks to debutant Ravindra and spinner Patel which must have annoyed the Indians no end having players with Indian heritage saving the game.
Umpires held their ground well when offering the light to the kiwis, and didn't buckle under pressure to keep playing.
Can't beat test cricket... Its still the premier format.

Reply #494
So maniac McGowan now calls off the Perth 5th Test due to his covid isolation requirements.

Fine, you moron.  I'd make certain you'd NEVER get another Test.