Skip to main content
Topic: God help me - the Test Cricket thread (Read 87546 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: God help me - the Test Cricket thread

Reply #525
Uzi or one of the current 'Australia A' openers should be prepped for the second test though. Harris needs to pull his finger out.

Reply #526
Bat long enough to exhaust them.  They're demoralized now, so keep at them ... no declarations.  Ever.

Reply #527
The pie chucker has bowled his one jaffa for the test,  time to piss him off to fine leg.  
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #528
Yet again, we make it hard for ourselves.

Reply #529
The pie chucker has bowled his one jaffa for the test,  time to piss him off to fine leg.
Notice all the fanboys hanging it on Warne after that 1st pill, some are still writing a beat up in the various rags, but Warne looks closer to the money than any of them, surprise, surprise!

One goodun every hundred or so, that's about par for Starc!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #530
We'll lose this test from here - and Adelaide as well because they'll play flogged bowlers and the Hoff (close to our most important bowler)  is injured.   I'm a Lyon fan but I fear the end is nigh.

Reply #531
We'll lose this test from here - and Adelaide as well because they'll play flogged bowlers and the Hoff (close to our most important bowler)  is injured.   I'm a Lyon fan but I fear the end is nigh.

Sure as hell hope not.  Knives will be out.  Agree, Lyon is past it

Reply #532
I called this wrong but I'm staggered how the poms folded today - exact opposite of yesterday.  Real fears that this was looking like a carbon copy of last year's debacle. Looks like somebody had a chat to Nathan and he finally varied things a little - it was all getting a bit predictable.  Starc is trying real hard but he just isn't getting the reverse he used to get and a four ball an over releases the pressure.  Can't see the pace triumvirate backing up in three days.

Reply #534
Great win by the Aussies after the Poms showed a bit of fight.

I'm surprised that some folk don't seem to understand the importance of a balanced bowling attack and how the pressure created by Starc's pace, line and length helps create wickets for the other bowlers.  In that context, Green's ability to bowl 15 odd overs without diminishing the pressure on the batters is a huge positive for the future of our Test team.  He does need to make runs though.

Nathan Lyon's performance was extraordinary, even if it took him a while to crack the 400th barrier.  Now that he's passed that milestone, I expect that he will have a great series.

The Poms will be a different side with Anderson and Broad in the 11 but you have to ask why they weren't in the lineup for the first Test  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #535
The Poms will be a different side with Anderson and Broad in the 11 but you have to ask why they weren't in the lineup for the first Test  ::)

Anderson's old calves were playing up, not worth the risk as he was never going to play all 5 tests in anycase. But surely you'd pick one of them at least in each match... they'll both come in for ADL. Pink ball test with dusk conditions align nicely for swing bowlers like anderson.

Reply #536
Good news will be Wood out if both Anderson and Broad play... Robinson was their best bowler in Brisbane and in England vs NZ and India so he stays, Woakes has to bat at 8...
Reckon the Aus batters will be glad to see the back of the hostile Wood and the two old blokes record in Aus is average. 2-0 Australia...

Reply #537
Cummins out of the 2nd Test as he is a close COVD contact. Neser in, Smith captain. Fast bowling line-up looks different with Starc, Richardson and Neser.

Reply #538
Stitch Up!

NSW Cricket Advanced Coaching and Training Techniques;

How to Get Steve Smith back in the Big Chair 101!
    - Dredge up 5 year old long settled rubbish about Paine, make it about respect for women.
    - Appoint a new Captain, make Steve Smith vice captain.
    - Take the team out for dinner and sit the Captain next to a positive COVID case, just a day or so before the test!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #539
Cummins out of the 2nd Test as he is a close COVD contact. Neser in, Smith captain. Fast bowling line-up looks different with Starc, Richardson and Neser.

That’s gone from a balanced, complementary bowling attack to a job lot 🙄

Green will have to step up and I suspect Starc will struggle as the main man.  It’s a good chance for the Poms to square the series 🙁
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball