Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 14558 times) previous topic - next topic

Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne

I am not confident this week.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Post Game Passion; AFL Rd 19: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #1
Zero reason for not playing Charlie this week.

At least we know he would've put in effort for his brother.

Reply #2
6.5 to
13.4, after half time. That says it all.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
COACH KILLER…….

Reply #4
COACH KILLER…….

Hopefully Liddle learned something with the Tigers review, and has figured out that it doesn't work. The "buck stops with the coach" is lazy decision making. If you can't or won't or don't know how to identify where the problems are, then you resort to cliched decision making.

Reply #5
Absolutely disgraceful effort. That goes close to being one of the most disappointing games from us that I have ever witnessed, especially against the bottom team with a place in the 8 at stake. Cue in rack.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
It is always difficult to get the real picture of what happened listening to the radio rather than watching it on T.V. It did sound horrible after half time. Especially the damage caused in the third quarter specifically. One quarter completely killed our result. Where do you point the finger?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
i thought we were competitive in the first half. Some early scoreboard pressure would have helped. Not sure what happened after half time. Blah.

Reply #8
Where do you point the finger?

For mine, at the strength and conditioning coach.

Too many injuries.....despite being somewhat overly cautious with blokes like Kemp and Curnow who have been fit and training form months.

Reply #9
Hopefully Liddle learned something with the Tigers review, and has figured out that it doesn't work. The "buck stops with the coach" is lazy decision making. If you can't or won't or don't know how to identify where the problems are, then you resort to cliched decision making.

The best leaders have always said, "The buck stops with me."

Could be an interesting week at PP.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
For mine, at the strength and conditioning coach.

Too many injuries.....despite being somewhat overly cautious with blokes like Kemp and Curnow who have been fit and training form months.

I thought exactly the same thing. We looked knackered.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
Until we have a few of our taller players back, we will continue to struggle.
De Koning got pounded in the ruck, which is the first time since he took the role. he has always been on 'better'rucks but has managed to contain them. Not today. Goldstein usually plays well against us. Last year Pitonett pounded the bugger, but Tom doesn't have the strength yet.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #12
Disgusting weak effort and such a typical performance whenever we play in something that has a sliver of importance attached to it we fail time and time again.

All we deliver every year is excuses.  We just need time, we are still too young, we need established players coming in the off season, we still need more mids, coach is a dud, umpires hate us and  the AFL hate us, way too many injuries……….
Heard em all.

If you take off the blue glasses we are still a laughing stock have zero respect by the footy community and if we are honest they are right as with 4 weeks to go we could still end with another bottom 4 finish.

6 years into a rebuild folks.

Every fking year it’s the same BS. 

Reply #13
Don't know why our massive injury list never scores a mention,  but that was close to most pathetic, feeble effort we've dished up in a while.   Mention finals and they poo their pants.

A couple of players I never,  ever, want to see again this year.   No excuses not to try others now - Honey,  Kemp, Ramsay,  Carroll.... Come on down.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #14
From the first bounce the Intent was not there. They played last football, mis kicks everywhere and just lazy Insipid performances. Kicks directly to opponent time and again. I reckon they Thought it’d be an easy game and that we could clean up our inaccuracies like we have previously.

Nope not today.

They did not tackle with any kind of purpose and if I watch one more Carlton player trying to tackle and running past I’m going to barf.

Betts hurt something bad early on so was a no show from there. Cripps up forward didn’t work but that’s ok they had to try.

I think having JSOS as our fill in Ruck took his pressure away from the FWD line ans with no betts it was bomb it in long, no H so no one marked then Betts injured and no JSOS meant no pressure.

Dow does some good things but again kills momentum time and agai. With kicks direct to oppo. Same as Newman.

Pissed off today, had we started with real hard intent and accuracy we would’ve gone away with it I don’t doubt.

Williams has whst pulled another farking hamstring? Where do we find these injury ridden souls?

Also what is HOTB anymore? Please someone tell me as time and again our plays rotate them 3-4 times and nup still that’s fine! Irritating.

Out of the rabble I thought Cripps and Jack Martin were our best.

I’m Just about over Cottrell, willo, Owies, Kennedy, Dow.

Weiters had a crapter,

TDK has class ans will hopefully be great foe us

Watching the final few games  for Murph now, surely they’ll let him play out the year  and get his 300.