Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 49974 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #75
Yep Milkman, the way Watson stops or looks loast as soon as he is not directly involved will curtail his senior career if he doesn't do something about it.  Needs to work on repeat efforts or simply to clunk the balls he gets his hands to... which is quite a few to be honest.  Pity he dropped that kick of Gibbs'.

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #76
five don't go into three
lol

Important comment - good pick up TNT Blue. Tells me that Meat, Watto or Waitey won't be at Princes Park next year. Can't see Kreuz or Hendo being traded.

I also found MMs comment that few blokes doubt themselves more that Watto. Man, that explains a lot. Question is, can he build on what he achieved today? Can he achieve that with serious opponent?

Yeah
I didn't get it that way Baggers
In fact I thought Mick gave the impression that he was quite pleased that in 2015 they were going to have a bit of a dilemma with a glut of forward options....a nice problem to have...an "outstanding" problem in fact

on Matthew Watson
"Fantastic
I think Watto needs to look at that game and say over and over ...why hasn't this happened before?....because there is no-one more self doubting than him, and it's taken a long time for us to have the confidence to say....now step up!
Now what he's done is thrown a spanner in the works with regard to our forward line structure ...which is outstanding...Henderson will be available early next year...Kreuzer will...five don't go into three....which is terrific for us"

So it's a nice problem to have...... but also there's probably a little message to those holding out for extra contract concessions that Watson just damaged your bargaining position to some extent.

That's the way I interpreted it Lods, he was almost salivating at the prospect of all those options plus probably new ones he might bring in.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77
I can't believe all the positive comments and hope that many supporters have shown on ONE reasonable performance. Yes ONE reasonable game.

IMO this player has been on the list for far too long. That's the problem with our club and the difference with the heavyweights.  We don't face reality well and don't make the tough decisions that the hawks and cats have - we hold on for way too long to players that long term are a 1-100 chance to make it. Watson is yet another example.

Im far from an expert but from early on he never looked like making the grade. He is lost at sea when the ball is on the ground has absolutely no game sense let alone any goal sense. That goal he kicked front he boundary was straight out of his ar5e (remember Casboult goal from the boundary against the same pr1ck of a team a few years back-see my point)

Sure yesterday's game was one of his better ones but to now talk him up as a genuine forward line option for next year.......... :o

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #78
Fact is when he's got given a chance up forward in the seniors he's done okay, not his fault he doesn't get many chances.

Edit: well maybe it is to some extent but some players just play better in the seniors, Watto is one of them. I believe Baggers and RR when they say he's been awful in the twos but let's be honest, the guy has never been given much of a chance in the seniors. If we'd given him a run of 10 games who knows where he'd be now? Possibly the best kick on our list.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #79
 @ Shawny

A touch harsh there Shawny. We have been crying out for another forward option and he may be one. OK let's not get carried away, he's not the messiah but he could be better than just another naughty boy. I'm all for giving him the opportunity to finally come good.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #80
I can't believe all the positive comments and hope that many supporters have shown on ONE reasonable performance. Yes ONE reasonable game.

IMO this player has been on the list for far too long. That's the problem with our club and the difference with the heavyweights.  We don't face reality well and don't make the tough decisions that the hawks and cats have - we hold on for way too long to players that long term are a 1-100 chance to make it. Watson is yet another example.

Im far from an expert but from early on he never looked like making the grade. He is lost at sea when the ball is on the ground has absolutely no game sense let alone any goal sense. That goal he kicked front he boundary was straight out of his ar5e (remember Casboult goal from the boundary against the same pr1ck of a team a few years back-see my point)

Sure yesterday's game was one of his better ones but to now talk him up as a genuine forward line option for next year.......... :o

I'm not a fan yet and sure one good game doesnt make a career but he at least can kick straight and options for us are limited with Waites likely departure so he has another season to cement a spot and then his contract runs out.
He just moves better down forward and looks smarter than when played down back, his test will come though when he plays on the genuine KP defenders and not players like Hibberd who are much smaller...sit back and enjoy the ride for the next 12 months and lets hope he can become a real player for us..

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #81
And it was better than a 'reasonable' performance. 4 goals is the new 6 goals didn't you know?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
@shawny agree
saying watson is a forward is like saying kruezer is a forward
opposition sides will find weaknesses with watson and we will be calling for his head. watson has 1 year left on his contract. if we get a good trade at years end great but if he stays next year play him forward all year by giving him at least 18 senior games and then make the call......

Reply #83
4 goals from Watson is a great effort but let's not be seduced, he still had NFI about marking, positioning, what to do when the ball hits the ground, his hand are slow.......he is not AFL standard.

Not sure if it showed up on the TV, but it was plain as day at the ground.

And while on forwards, unless he can kick straight, Casboult is no use to us. End of argument.

Agree with all of this.
Watson played OK but he was playing on second or third string defenders, and even then what the hell was he doing trying to take a contested pack mark with 16 seconds on the clock when all he needed to do was fist it through for a point, just plain dumb.
Casboult will never cut it as an AFL standard key forward, there are just too many short comings in his game.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #84
This is really starting sht me. It seems to be popular to blame Watson for not fisting the ball through but no one has any inkling as to whether he knew how much time was left. Reeks of bias.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
OMG just stated watching thee replay, how is Tim Watson calling Watto's free in the square incidental contact and lucky? His arms got chopped and he got belted in the face FFS.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86
This is really starting sht me. It seems to be popular to blame Watson for not fisting the ball through but no one has any inkling as to whether he knew how much time was left. Reeks of bias.

I got a text from a mate as Gibbs was lining up saying there was a minute left, obviously took a while for the text to come through. Still can't believe Gibbs couldn't make the distance.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #87

Malthouse said they weren't able to get runners in there to tell them how much time they had...

Thanks Geelong

Reply #88
OMG just stated watching thee replay, how is Tim Watson calling Watto's free in the square incidental contact and lucky? His arms got chopped and he got belted in the face FFS.

That was hilarious.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #89

I got a text from a mate as Gibbs was lining up saying there was a minute left, obviously took a while for the text to come through. Still can't believe Gibbs couldn't make the distance.

I was driving home from the airport punching the air outside the window as 3AW said we couldn't lose from here....my missus warned me not to jinx it.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!