Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 49971 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #90
This is really starting sht me. It seems to be popular to blame Watson for not fisting the ball through but no one has any inkling as to whether he knew how much time was left. Reeks of bias.

I got a text from a mate as Gibbs was lining up saying there was a minute left, obviously took a while for the text to come through. Still can't believe Gibbs couldn't make the distance.

Wind, fatigue, plus I've never believed Bryce to be a particularly long kick. It's never ideal when a mid (who's been running all game) has a shot for goal around the 50 with a minute of game time left. Those legs would have little power left by then.

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #91
watching c9 sfs..im convinced we lost the game because we didnt have a plan, committment or team structure or plan to push the ball through for a point...waite watson and wood...could have all pushed gibbs kick through.. .trainer should have told 1 minute to go....the coach assistants runners team all failed.....we should be drilled for these situations....

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #92
watching c9 sfs..im convinced we lost the game because we didnt have a plan, committment or team structure or plan to push the ball through for a point...waite watson and wood...could have all pushed gibbs kick through.. .trainer should have told 1 minute to go....the coach assistants runners team all failed.....we should be drilled for these situations....

Dude, they couldn't get runners in to the 50 to tell them to speed up because you can't anymore

The players didn't know how much time they had.

Reply #93
...waite watson and wood...could have all pushed gibbs kick through.. .

Everyone at the ground knew there was bugger all time left.
Watson got first hands on it so it was up to him to make sure it went over the line, but he's very inexperienced and hadn't played seniors for ages.
We should cut him some slack but it was a basic error.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #94

Dude, they couldn't get runners in to the 50 to tell them to speed up because you can't anymore

The players didn't know how much time they had.

what about interchange players then running into 50 with the message?

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #95

Watson got first hands on it so it was up to him to make sure it went over the line, but he's very inexperienced and hadn't played seniors for ages.

Just a dumb stubborn comment. Don't like to admit when you're wrong do you?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #96
This is really starting sht me. It seems to be popular to blame Watson for not fisting the ball through but no one has any inkling as to whether he knew how much time was left. Reeks of bias.

I got a text from a mate as Gibbs was lining up saying there was a minute left, obviously took a while for the text to come through. Still can't believe Gibbs couldn't make the distance.

I was driving home from the airport punching the air outside the window as 3AW said we couldn't lose from here....my missus warned me not to jinx it.

Was watching the Ch7 delayed telecast and didn't know the result. My wife came home with 1 min 47 secs left on the clock and just said "Pity they drew!" I thought she was effin' joking...............!  >:( Is that adequate grounds for divorce?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #97
Just about mate WTF was she thinking how long have you been married for??
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #98

Whatever.
What's Malthouse done to get up your nose this week?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #99

Must have had a brain fade - I couldn't believe she did that. I've given her a severe talking to!  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #100

When I heard about it I wondered why it wasn't punched through then when I saw the the delayed telecast after I think the was dying too much to knock it through from the initially marking contest. It was still 4 to 5 metres out and dropping fast making it hard to punch through. Whether it could've been rushed after that when it was bouncing around it's hard to say.

Reply #101

Must have had a brain fade - I couldn't believe she did that. I've given her a severe talking to!  ;)

A weekly occurrence at my house cookie! :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #102
OMG just stated watching thee replay, how is Tim Watson calling Watto's free in the square incidental contact and lucky? His arms got chopped and he got belted in the face FFS.
Tim Watson's commentary doesn't get any better Carrots....he was just disgraceful all match ::)

Reply #103
^^

Agree.

After watching that fateful moment it's amazing how everyone goes after the whipping boy Watto, Wood could have just tapped it straight through for the behind, would have been much easier than trying to grab it and snap the goal. Of course he had no idea about the clock so you can't blame anyone but he had a much better opportunity than Watto.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #104
OMG just stated watching thee replay, how is Tim Watson calling Watto's free in the square incidental contact and lucky? His arms got chopped and he got belted in the face FFS.
Tim Watson's commentary doesn't get any better Carrots....he was just disgraceful all match ::)

Agree on Watson...just biased dribble for the whole game