Skip to main content
Topic: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister (Read 49973 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #105
OMG just stated watching thee replay, how is Tim Watson calling Watto's free in the square incidental contact and lucky? His arms got chopped and he got belted in the face FFS.
Tim Watson's commentary doesn't get any better Carrots....he was just disgraceful all match ::)

Agree on Watson...just biased dribble for the whole game

People went nuts over Eddie commentating Coll games........  But a bloke who's son is playing and who basically recruited the coaching set up of a club is OK to be unbiased in his call???            "Patty Ryder could be the most athletic player in the comp"......   c'mon Tim!!!

Re: Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #106
OMG just stated watching thee replay, how is Tim Watson calling Watto's free in the square incidental contact and lucky? His arms got chopped and he got belted in the face FFS.
Tim Watson's commentary doesn't get any better Carrots....he was just disgraceful all match ::)

People went nuts over Eddie commentating Coll games........  But a bloke who's son is playing and who basically recruited the coaching set up of a club is OK to be unbiased in his call???            "Patty Ryder could be the most athletic player in the comp"......   c'mon Tim!!!

Delusional disorder is characterized by the presence of either bizarre or non-bizarre delusions which have persisted for at least one month

::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #107
Too true. Too many red and black glasses. Unfortunately a lot of the Channel 7 people are not afraid to let their biases show. The love for Richmond at the moment is mind boggling. How much do those guys support rather than commentate?
I guess it shows we need more Blues in the media. We don't often even appear as guests. Essendon players, on the other hand, appear to have weekly invitations.

Delusional disorder is characterized by the presence of either bizarre or non-bizarre delusions which have persisted for at least one month

::)
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #108

An excerpt from the MRP report....

"Contact between Carlton’s Brock McLean and Essendon’s Brendon Goddard from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was reviewed. After viewing all available vision and receiving a medical report from the Essendon Football Club, it was the view of the panel there was no forceful high contact made. No further action was taken."

Frustrating to say the least.

Won't mention the Joe Danniher non decision as he shimmied like a deer in headlights against Jammo.

I read that Carlton has had one of the best runs with the umpires in terms of frees for and against but I can't help but think a few poor decisions at key times have certainly impacted on our win loss ratio.

Reply #109
When I heard about it I wondered why it wasn't punched through then when I saw the the delayed telecast after I think the was dying too much to knock it through from the initially marking contest. It was still 4 to 5 metres out and dropping fast making it hard to punch through. Whether it could've been rushed after that when it was bouncing around it's hard to say.

Yeah, having had another look I think Watson was right to try and mark it, but Wood then should have rushed it through.  Can't criticise either too much, I thought they both played well.

But it's another example of how we just don't have enough poise and 'smarts' in these situations.

And what's with Bryce being too tired to kick the ball further later in a match?!?  Poppycock.  It was into the wind, so maybe that held it up. But taking the 'too tired' argument to its logical conclusion - grand final, siren sounds, scores level, player to kick from right on 50.  Doesn't make the distance?  Oh well, can't be too surprised/disappointed. He would have been really tired.  Geez, if people are willing to put up these excuses then we've become a much more mediocre club than I thought.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #110
And what's with Bryce being too tired to kick the ball further later in a match?!?  Poppycock.  It was into the wind, so maybe that held it up. But taking the 'too tired' argument to its logical conclusion - grand final, siren sounds, scores level, player to kick from right on 50.  Doesn't make the distance?  Oh well, can't be too surprised/disappointed. He would have been really tired.  Geez, if people are willing to put up these excuses then we've become a much more mediocre club than I thought.

I was at the MCG, I went outside for a smoke at half and three quarter time then walked back to the car through the Fitzroy gardens, there wasn't a breath of wind.
I've got no idea why there were more goals kicked at the other end but it wasn't down to the wind, Tuohy made the distance easily from as far out as Gibbs a few minutes earlier.
Gibbs isn't a long kick anyway and he'd worked very hard during the game, he also seemed to get close to the man on the mark but that was probably down to being unhappy about the distance.
While I'm on about it, just about every other team works the mark harder than we do, most of our blokes just make a token effort and give a wave of the hand but other sides actually try and smother the kick, an Essendon player forced Casboult into error earlier in the game by jumping hard as he kicked.
It's something we need to work much harder at.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #111
I was at the MCG, I went outside for a smoke at half and three quarter time then walked back to the car through the Fitzroy gardens, there wasn't a breath of wind.
I've got no idea why there were more goals kicked at the other end but it wasn't down to the wind, Tuohy made the distance easily from as far out as Gibbs a few minutes earlier.

That is not correct I was side on to both. Tuohy was at least 5m closer, and Tuohy's opponent did not run over the mark!

If you check the replays you can see the umpires shirts fluttering in the wind in the center bounces.

That is just the way it is at the MCG, the stands are 7 or 8 stories high and what people experience at ground level in the car park means nothing. If for example you parked on the downwind side you would be in the stands wind shadow.
The Force Awakens!

Re: R23 - Carlton v Essendon- Like Dancing with your Drug Crazed Ugly Stepsister

Reply #112
we dont present enough to the ball carrier ,this happens all over the ground.When u watch hawks or syd everyplayer is on the move being 20 or30 m kicks and so you go fwd.We have to improve our training for pre season ,stronger and quicker.

Reply #113
we dont present enough to the ball carrier ,this happens all over the ground.When u watch hawks or syd everyplayer is on the move being 20 or30 m kicks and so you go fwd.We have to improve our training for pre season ,stronger and quicker.

Agreed, but I don't think fitness is the issue.

For me the answer is to recruit some forwards not waste time trying to convert players into them!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #114

"Contact between Carlton’s Brock McLean and Essendon’s Brendon Goddard from the second quarter of Saturday’s match was reviewed. After viewing all available vision and receiving a medical report from the Essendon Football Club, it was the view of the panel there was no forceful high contact made. No further action was taken."

Won't mention the Joe Danniher non decision as he shimmied like a deer in headlights against Jammo.

I read that Carlton has had one of the best runs with the umpires in terms of frees for and against but I can't help but think a few poor decisions at key times have certainly impacted on our win loss ratio.

How the hell did this incident get to the MRP?

The AFL is now officially a confused organisation in dialectical conflict.

On the one hand, the AFL markets and promotes its history with its biffo and hard hits and hence accrues money from the community and on the other hand bans players under the MRP for the same incidents...

Reply #115
How the hell did this incident get to the MRP?

More to the point, why the hell was it a free kick?
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #116
That is not correct I was side on to both.
So was I.

Tuohy was at least 5m closer, and Tuohy's opponent did not run over the mark!
If he was closer at all it wasn't by 5 metres, and his shot went through half post high where Gibbs' pulled up a couple of metres short.
He's a longer kick that Gibbs anyway but I don't think wind was a factor.

Reply #117

...so what does that say about Goddard and his actress performance?  :o >:( :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #118
If he was closer at all it wasn't by 5 metres, and his shot went through half post high where Gibbs' pulled up a couple of metres short.

Yes he was, you can go the AFL watch the replay and select Marks Inside 50 from the available options to chose the second last of the game to get Tuohy's shot, then wait for Gibbs to compare both positions. Tuohy marks on a circle of dark grass 5m to 8m inside F50 arc, Gibbs marks one step short of the 50m logo itself. Tuohy kicks three running steps inside F50, Gibbs kicks one or two running steps outside F50.

For your reference those 50m logos are about 2m high, that makes about 6m or 7m difference between the two kicks.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #119

Yes he was, you can go the AFL watch the replay and select Marks Inside 50 from the available options to chose the second last of the game to get Tuohy's shot, then wait for Gibbs to compare both positions. Tuohy marks on a circle of dark grass 5m to 8m inside F50 arc, Gibbs marks one step short of the 50m logo itself. Tuohy kicks three running steps inside F50, Gibbs kicks one or two running steps outside F50.

Fair enough, that's not how I remember it but I haven't seen a replay and I was a bit excited at the time so I could well be mistaken.
It's no big deal in the washup, I was happy with the draw.