Skip to main content
Topic: Rowe & White, Real Defenders ?? (Read 11663 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rowe & White, Real Defenders ??

Reply #30
The 'spud' bit was more of a :P for Shades. :))
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #31
I like White because he's strong, tough and got some **** in him.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of that goes towards his selection.

He's no introvert .

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #32
Sorry Shades, think he is very average. Makes stupid mistakes which is acceptable for a developing player but at his age, not for mine.

I saw Sam Rowe kick blindly out of defence maybe 10 times this year that resulted in another inside 50 and usually a goal.

don't remember White making to many poor decisions, usually beat his man and kicked goals when moved forward. happy to be proven wrong, but think he had a pretty good year.

Agree. And I have a hunch he is well liked and well respected in the group. His skills are not silky but he has shown he can do a job, forward or back. I wouldn't sell his skills too short, though. Has taken some particularly good grabs and kicked truly for goal. Definitely in our best 30. Not perfect. Will take on anyone... has legitimate courage and tenacity. And won't take a backward step protecting smaller team mates.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
Wonder if Mick sees both or either of Rowe and White as something similar to Nick Maxwell ? Not White so much, more Rowe.

Prediction time. I reckon if Rowe has a good season in 2015, I won't be surprised to see him in the leadership group in 2016.

Reply #34
Wonder if Mick sees both or either of Rowe and White as something similar to Nick Maxwell ? Not White so much, more Rowe.

Prediction time. I reckon if Rowe has a good season in 2015, I won't be surprised to see him in the leadership group in 2016.

Would not be surprised, Rowe is a very solid citizen and could become a very good role model in the club.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35

Would not be surprised, Rowe is a very solid citizen and could become a very good role model in the club.

...and the sort of bloke who will push his way into the leadership group before being offered.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
If ya reckon Rowe is a stop gap then you need to watch games more closely. Fantastic season and is an AFL key defender of size, mongrel and strength. We've been crying out for this for how many years now????

Good skill set, is hard & tough spoiler and very good mark. Got some confidence in the 2nd half of the year to go for some marks and did so finishing with over 100 marks for the year as did Casboult. Both came on very well IMHO! And its just the start!

Rowe is one of the first picked now IMO, White handy but ideally Jamiosn takes that 3rd role of 'assister' to two other bigger KPP down back. Maybe look at Beard from the SANFL or Frost from GWS.

Reply #37
If ya reckon Rowe is a stop gap then you need to watch games more closely. Fantastic season and is an AFL key defender of size, mongrel and strength. We've been crying out for this for how many years now????

Good skill set, is hard & tough spoiler and very good mark. Got some confidence in the 2nd half of the year to go for some marks and did so finishing with over 100 marks for the year as did Casboult. Both came on very well IMHO! And its just the start!

Rowe is one of the first picked now IMO, White handy but ideally Jamiosn takes that 3rd role of 'assister' to two other bigger KPP down back. Maybe look at Beard from the SANFL or Frost from GWS.
No bigger critic of Rowe than me at the start of the season. CHB is now his and it will take one hell of footballer to come along and take it off him now. I tips me lid to ya Rowey and eat a massive piece of humble pie.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
Rowe should serve as an inspiration to the playing group. He needs to be in the leadership group next year!
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.