Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton B & F (Read 30520 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton B & F

Reply #15
When Gibbs wins his first B&F will people on here stop baying for his blood and wishing we'd trade him back to some South Australian club for peanuts?

Would be nice :).
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #16
When Gibbs wins his first B&F will people on here stop baying for his blood and wishing we'd trade him back to some South Australian club for peanuts?

Surely Gibbs' second half of 2014 has put that one firmly to rest? His name is now even being linked to the captaincy by some.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Gibbs is showing his value but still needs to have some support from the players around him. His better games really shows what he can deliver when he backs his ability. I have always liked him. Think he can be a 3rd forward option as he isn't a midget and usually is a good kick for goal.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #18

I can't really see that happening Nath.  He'd have to start playing like Diesel, Jezza, the Dominator and Big Nick before some folk would admit that he is in our best 22  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #19
I think Rowe and Docherty will finish in the top 6. Both played to the roles they were given, although they weren't all class, I would certainly call them up a chance.

For mine:

Gibbs
Simpson
Murphy
Rowe
Yarran
Docherty
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #20
I think Gibbs standing amongst supporters has improved where he wont be the whipping boy.......he was reasonable in his contract talks and didnt want a massive deal and has become more of a player who is seen to win his own ball when the heat is on and is now influencing games.

Reply #21
I think Gibbs standing amongst supporters has improved where he wont be the whipping boy.......he was reasonable in his contract talks and didnt want a massive deal and has become more of a player who is seen to win his own ball when the heat is on and is now influencing games.

In other words EB, he's become a "True Blue".
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22

In other words EB, he's become a "True Blue".

That he has Cookie and he is living up to his No 1 draft pick status and playing like a leader...even giving a bit of needle to opponents which hasnt been a part of his game..

Reply #23
Rowe will be, or should be, top 10 at the very least. Reckon he might sneak into 5 or 6 calculations. Fantastic season!

Reply #24
For what its worth here is mine
Gibbs
Murphy
Simpson
Yarran
Rowe
Everitt
Docherty
Judd
Jamieson
Curnow

Reply #25
Gibbs will have it sewn up by round 10

Reply #26
If anyone is going and happens to  go to toilet and be standing next to Waite  at the Urinal.    Push him in for me.  

Reply #27
They just announced the 'ambassador' award, the player who has done great work in the community!  Simon White.....ironic???

Reply #28
Two Awards to both both Buckley and Rowe. Much loved around the club those two.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #29
Coverage so far has been very good online. Just about ready to start the actual count.