Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton B & F (Read 30627 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton B & F

Reply #45
Interesting to see Robbo turned up to B&F, didn't think he would.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #46
No announcement of Waite re-signing.....confirms goneski (imo)......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #47
Congratulations to Gibbs. From all reports seems to have been a popular winner.

Special mention to Sam Rowe who I said "had played the worst game ever by a Carlton footballer" earlier in the year (was it the Essendon game?). He certainly stuck it up me. Well done.

Also great to see a couple of our new recruits in Everitt and Docherty get in the top 10.

Reply #48
Well done Bryce!! Big tick for Mick? Bryce matured? A bit of both? Either way great for the club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
yes congratulations to gibbs

i have been a big critic of gibbs but he taken great steps to be the leader of the club.

Reply #50
Bit of a shame it took anyone at the club 8 years to realise that Bryce Gibbs, the premier under 18 midfielder in the country when we drafted him, was actually a midfielder and not a half back flanker ;).

Who knew???

Congratulations, young man, very deserving winner and can only see him going from strength to strength from here. Gibbs and Murphy are as good as combo as any going around in the AFL in the midfield, we just need to get better support in there for them, more quality to the depth in rotations and have some decent structures up forward to convert the midfield work into scoring.

Outstanding wraps to Sam Rowe on resurrecting his career in such a profound fashion. If you watch any of his early season games then fast forward to the end of the season, you'd swear to God think you were watching two different footballers. He is a quality CHB through and through and that knowledge should allow the coaching staff much greater confidence to build a forward line that functions in 2015.

Also credit where credit is due to our recruiting division. We made three acquisitions last pre-season being Daisy Thomas, Andrejs Everitt and Sam Docherty. All finished in the top 10 of the B&F in their first season with us. That is a huge win and one that we haven't really seen in a decade outside of Chris Judd. Looking forward to seeing what gems they might unearth for us this year as we are still a work in progress.

Overall, I think there is plenty to look forward to next year. We finished the season strongly, pushed quality sides (Port Adelaide aside, and we were cooked by then), have plenty of first string players to come back from injury and plenty of development still in the young guys. North Melbourne and Port Adelaide have proven that teams can bounce back quickly once they embrace the right game style. Hopefully we can show the same from 2015 and beyond.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #51
Everitt and Docherty were good pickups and deserving of a top ten finish but Thomas being in the top ten is a reflection on our list because I thought he was ordinary for most of the season and for 700k a season I would have classed this season for him as disappointing..

Reply #52
Everitt and Docherty were good pickups and deserving of a top ten finish but Thomas being in the top ten is a reflection on our list because I thought he was ordinary for most of the season and for 700k a season I would have classed this season for him as disappointing..

CSC had Thomas as the 21st best player. I wouldn't read anything much into the placings as they always put up some head scratchers.

Reply #53
So rapt for Yazz and Rowe to finally have a top 5 B and F finish.
The penny has well and truly dropped for Yazzamatazz. He will be something very special for years to come for us.
And as for Rowe, well, what a great effort for him to come from where he was. Im not talking about the Cancer either, as I don't think this situation should define him. I mean, for him to come from basically being on the scrap heap and on our list purely as a back up forward/ruck, to turn out to work himself into being a more then competent key defender ensconced in out starting 18. He now has the sell confidence in himself to take his footy to an even higher level from hereon in.
If more naturally talented guys like Garlett and Waite had even a 10th of this guys work ethic and dedication off the field, they d both be superstars of the comp now.

Reply #54
1       Bryce Gibbs
2       Marc Murphy
3       Kade Simpson
4       Chris Yarran
5       Sam Rowe
6       Michael Jamison
= 7    Andrejs Everitt
= 7    Chris Judd
9       Sam Docherty
10     Dale Thomas

Dale Thomas, WTF?  :o

Ahead of Curnow, Walker, Carrazzo, Robinson, McLean, Henderson, Casboult, really?  ???
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
1       Bryce Gibbs
2       Marc Murphy
3       Kade Simpson
4       Chris Yarran
5       Sam Rowe
6       Michael Jamison
= 7    Andrejs Everitt
= 7    Chris Judd
9       Sam Docherty
10     Dale Thomas

Ahead of Curnow, Walker, Carrazzo, Robinson, McLean, Henderson, Casboult, really?  ???

B+F's are generally a guide to who performed their role to the best of their ability according to the expectation of the Match Committee along with being an influential player.

That can mean sacrificing output for the good of the team from time to time.

This may also serve to send a message to the group regarding ways to influence a result without being a dominant player.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #56
No it's BS. Mick trying to protect his son. Unless Daisy's role was to be invisible for half the season.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
1       Bryce Gibbs
2       Marc Murphy
3       Kade Simpson
4       Chris Yarran
5       Sam Rowe
6       Michael Jamison
= 7    Andrejs Everitt
= 7    Chris Judd
9       Sam Docherty
10     Dale Thomas

B+F's are generally a guide to who performed their role to the best of their ability according to the expectation of the Match Committee along with being an influential player.

This may also serve to send a message to the group regarding ways to influence a result without being a dominant player.

X2. Exactly right. 

Reply #58

By the same token, if blokes perform you shouldn't be disrespecting their efforts just to pump up some other player.

I doubt many supporters would rate the Dale Thomas 2014 season better than Curnow's. I'd barely have Thomas ahead of Waite or Robinson despite the number of games they lost to injury and or suspension, and there is no way Thomas deserves more respect or has had any more impact on 2014 than Henderson or Casboult for the 2014!

Thomas ahead of those blokes is completely unrealistic, it reeks of nepotism!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #59
Waite, who actually won us games. When missing we lost to 2 bottom 4 sides and without Mick would probably already be out on his arse finished below Thomas.

Top lel.

Should be renamed the Tried your Best & "sacrificed" your game award.