Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 35438 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #195
Matt Wright dropped......

Reply #196
That's what I would have said,  call a spade a spade.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #198
Alot better balanced line-up.

Very much so. Two talls out, one quick tall in. Two slow mids out for quicker blokes. Can afford to win this one without jeopardizing our first pick... ;) ;D :P
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #200
CARLTON
B: Dale Thomas, Sam Rowe, Jed Lamb
HB: Kade Simpson, Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank
C: Zac Fisher, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy
HF: Jarrod Pickett, Charlie Curnow, Jarrod Garlett
F: Paddy Dow, Harry McKay, Sam Petrevski-Seton
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Matthew Kennedy, Ed Curnow
Int: Lochie O'Brien, Cameron Polson, Jack Silvagni, Matt Shaw

Emg: Cameron O'Shea, Nick Graham, Pat Kerr, Levi Casboult

IN: Kade Simpson, Jarrod Garlett, Paddy Dow, Harry McKay, Matt Shaw

OUT: Jacob Weitering (Injured), Matthew Wright (Managed), Nick Graham (Omitted), Andrew Phillips (Injured), Darcy Lang (Injured)

NEW: Matt Shaw

I probably would not have played Shaw, but ...
Lang's injury was kept very quiet. I hadn't heard that he was even in doubt. Not that I'm disappointed, but that is another tale.
Nick Graham? Last in, first dropped, his time is up.
Cam Polson had better buy a tattslotto ticket, his pretty lucky to be there. Hopefully he will be played in a negative role: I think it would do him good.

ST KILDA
B: Jarryn Geary, Jake Carlisle, Jimmy Webster
HB: Daniel McKenzie, Sam Gilbert, Jack Newnes
C: Shane Savage, Jack Steele, Jack Sinclair
HF: Jack Billings, Tim Membrey, Luke Dunstan
F: Jade Gresham, Rowan Marshall, Maverick Weller
R: Tom Hickey, Sebastian Ross, Jack Steven
Int: Hunter Clark, Jack Lonie, David Armitage, Ed Phillips

Emg: Hugh Goddard, Brandon White, Bailey Rice, Ben Paton

IN: Jake Carlisle, Rowan Marshall, Tom Hickey, Jack Lonie, Ed Phillips

OUT: Paddy McCartin (Injured), Billy Longer (Omitted), Darragh Joyce (Omitted), Nathan Wright (Injured), Logan Austin (Injured)

Longer being out is good for us; he usually plays well against us. However, so does Hickey. :( No Rice?
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #201
Bolton said it was 'general soreness'.

I'm a Matty Wright fan but he has been out of form and was very poor last week.....I'm going to call it dropped but I reckon Bolton is a fan of Wright and has
eased him out of the team rather than make him NB's fodder.
Needs a good finish to the season does Wright.....a few other clubs have some small forwards that might be on the market...ie Dahlhaus, Short, Lonie, Lloyd.....

Reply #202
Five changes again, very hard to build any system or consistency.
It will be interesting to see how we go up forward, McKay needs to work harder than he has so far and take some pressure off Charlie.
A win would surprise me, St Kilda will need to be off their game and we would need some improved efforts from our lesser lights like Pickett, Polson and Silvagni.
Graham seems to only get a game so we've got someone to drop, it must be disheartening for him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #203
Five changes again, very hard to build any system or consistency.
It will be interesting to see how we go up forward, McKay needs to work harder than he has so far and take some pressure off Charlie.
A win would surprise me, St Kilda will need to be off their game and we would need some improved efforts from our lesser lights like Pickett, Polson and Silvagni.
Graham seems to only get a game so we've got someone to drop, it must be disheartening for him.

Saints are rubbish and injury ravaged, they dont have a Cripps or C. Curnow....if we cant beat them at such a low point we really do need to question whats happening at the club IMO.

Reply #204
Saints are rubbish and injury ravaged, they dont have a Cripps or C. Curnow....if we cant beat them at such a low point we really do need to question whats happening at the club IMO.

They knocked off Melbourne a couple of weeks ago who beat us by 100 points or more.
Make no mistake EB, this is a poor Carlton side.
I'm hopeful but far from confident.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #205
They knocked off Melbourne a couple of weeks ago who beat us by 100 points or more.
Make no mistake EB, this is a poor Carlton side.
I'm hopeful but far from confident.

Dees are not a good yard stick though. They are bipolar. Very much Jeckyll and Hyde.

Reply #206
Saints running players with a smaller forward line might chop us up. Cripps isn't quick, the Saints will fancy their chances of dominating the midfield.

Reply #207
Dees are not a good yard stick though. They are bipolar. Very much Jeckyll and Hyde.

We, on the other hand, are a model of consistency.

Reply #208
Saints running players with a smaller forward line might chop us up. Cripps isn't quick, the Saints will fancy their chances of dominating the midfield.

They will if Bolton leaves a 20m gap for Hickey to tap to Steven running onto the ball.....or lets Billings run around without a man, or puts a banana like Shaw on Gresham..

Reply #209
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel to field a side this week,  can't believe a couple are actually fit enough to play.  Playing blokes from the VFL off a bye,  really?

Expect to lose by 4-6 goals,  we're simply out of troops.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?