Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 35807 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #225
Must've been all the smiling in the crowd he was doing.  ;D

He's improved so much in 1 week I reckon we should send him back up to the Gabba this week to sit in the stand and watch another game. Clearly it's improving our young players performance.

Unbelievable that they did that. Drop Casboult and play a 27 year old backup ruckman out of position as a key forward and have your gun #10 draft pick full forward sitting in the stands watching!

What a moronic decision that was.

Reply #226
He's improved so much in 1 week I reckon we should send him back up to the Gabba this week to sit in the stand and watch another game. Clearly it's improving our young players performance.

Unbelievable that they did that. Drop Casboult and play a 27 year old backup ruckman out of position as a key forward and have your gun #10 draft pick full forward sitting in the stands watching!

What a moronic decision that was.

Especially given that Hipwood who is so similar to Harry did so well for Brisbane.......and Brisbane's defense isnt overly tall or stacked with star power, perfect game for Harry to play in....
Think Stefan Martin worried the coaches box so much they lost sight of having to score goals and went with the genuine ruck backup.

Reply #227
IMHO McKay deserves a run this week even less than SoJ had deserved a return from the AFL, and that is saying something, because young SoJ had really only displayed his midfield ignorance! That sort of selection sends mixed messages and can be very disruptive to a club!

I think that on forums like this people tend to add two plus two and come up with five from time to time.
Shaw is playing this week, to the best of my knowledge he's an average player and his VFL form hasn't been anything to get excited about.
Pickett played a reasonable game in the VFL a few weeks ago but struggled badly in the seniors last week, Polson really hasn't shown anything much at senior level so far but he's playing tonight.
We are a poorly performed team with some significant injuries, the bottom of the barrel is being well and truly scraped.
Many of our seemingly mysterious selections are simply down to a lack of options.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #228
Down on troops but the obvious backups in OShea, Mullet and Graham are not playing...

Reply #229
St. Kilda vs Carlton (Games played this year/Total games played in career thus far):

B---Jarryn Geary (13/176)-----Jake Carlisle (11/118)----Jimmy Webster (12/80)

HB----Daniel McKenzie (6/27)---Sam Gilbert (6/203)---Jack Newnes (15/128)

C--- Shane Savage (15/138)----Jack Steele (14/51)----Jack Sinclair (13/57)

HF---Jack Billings (14/78)-------Tim Membrey (13/63)---Luke Dunstan (12/81)

F-----Jade Gresham (15/55)--- Rowan Marshall(6/7)----Maverick Weller(10/118)

Fol---Tom Hickey (9/75)--------Sebastian Ross(15/96)---Jack Steven (15/169)

I/C---Hunter Clark (12/12), Jack Lonie (5/44), David Armitage (9/161), Ed Phillips (5/5)

Emg

Hugh Goddard (0/9), Brandon White (6/10), Bailey Rice (6/6), Ben Paton (0/0)

Carlton

B---Dale Thomas (14/232)----Sam Rowe(11/93)---Jed Lamb(12/60)

HB---Kade Simpson(14/300)---Liam Jones(15/110)--Caleb Marchbank(5/28)

C----Zac Fisher(15/32)----Patrick Cripps(15/74)----Marc Murphy(6/242)

HF---Jarrod Pickett (2/12)---Charlie Curnow(13/40)---Jarrod Garlett (10/27)

F---Paddy Dow(14/14)--Harry McKay(6/8)---Sam Petrevski-Seton (15/35)

Fol--Matthew Kreuzer(11/172)---Matthew Kennedy(8/27)---Ed Curnow (14/136)

I/C---Lochie O'Brien(11/11)---Cameron Polson(5/6)---Jack Silvagni(9/37)---Matt Shaw (0/102)

Emg: Cameron O'Shea (10/91), Nick Graham (7/45), Pat Kerr (4/4), Levi Casboult (9/103)

Statistical breakdown in games played (excluding emergencies):

0-50 games - Saints: 6  vs Blues: 12

50-100 games - Saints: 8 vs Blues: 3

100 - 150 games - Saints: 4, vs Blues: 4

150 - 200 games - Saints: 3 vs Blues: 1

200 - 250 games - Saints: 1 vs Blues: 1

250 - 300 games - Saints: 0 vs Blues: 0

300+ games - Saints: 0 vs Blues: 1

Of our sub 50 gamers 5 of them are yet to have played 1 full seasons worth of matches irrespective of how many years they have been on the list, and that is not due to lack of opportunity, but generally due to injuries. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #230
Down on troops but the obvious backups in OShea, Mullet and Graham are not playing...

I'm not unhappy about that EB, if young players the likes of Polson and Silvagni don't eventually measure up then at least we won't die wondering, we know what the others can deliver.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #231
Shaw is playing this week, to the best of my knowledge he's an average player and his VFL form hasn't been anything to get excited about.

I beg to differ.

I thought Shaw had quite a good VFL patch, partly from my direct observations and partly from mates reporting on matches, he was especially effective when Weitering was back in the magoos, run off him and worked well together, then Weitiering went back to AFL and Shaw copped an injury and hasn't been the same since which is why I have to question the timing. I realise there may be circumstances beyond the MCs control.

When SoJ got the recall from the magoos, in my opinion Polson was a mile ahead of him in terms of midfield influence and I also suspect kilometers covered per game. I would have said that in VFL SoJ was at best on par with Lang and neither of them set the world alight at VFL level! Many were very disappointed with Lang at VFL, but perhaps SoJ gets some slack because of his surname, if so I'm not sure that helps him because the reward might be unjustified! Yet when the crunch came SoJ came in and Polson was left languishing in the magoos for a few more weeks losing form, hopefully not losing heart! There was some irony we had Murphy out around that time, reducing our run, and we opted for SoJ over Polson.

Obviously having Cunningham missing hasn't helped, he was in reasonable form before injuries cruelled his season.

Of our regular AFL players, only Weitering has gone back and dominated at VFL, like an AFL player should. In that context, if McKay is kicking hard earned bags of 2 or 3 goals at AFL level, he should seriously be kicking bags of 6 or 8 at VFL, but he isn't and that is a tell!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #232

Club seen enough?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #234
Yep.....got the crosshairs on them and I think we are down to trying anything that has 4 limbs and a pulse ie Shaw.....

Shaw has mates at the Aints, do not be surprised to find this is an audition!

btw., A lot of talk about BB this week, but you wouldn't want to be Alan Richardson if we actually win, that would be his Ratten moment! :o

Some may think Richardson is off the hook after the Melbourne game, but that said more about Melbourne than the Aints! This week is probably the Aints last chance for a win in 2018!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #235
I beg to differ.

I thought Shaw had quite a good VFL patch, partly from my direct observations and partly from mates reporting on matches, he was especially effective when Weitering was back in the magoos, run off him and worked well together, then Weitiering went back to AFL and Shaw copped an injury and hasn't been the same since which is why I have to question the timing. I realise there may be circumstances beyond the MCs control.

When SoJ got the recall from the magoos, in my opinion Polson was a mile ahead of him in terms of midfield influence and I also suspect kilometers covered per game. I would have said that in VFL SoJ was at best on par with Lang and neither of them set the world alight at VFL level! Many were very disappointed with Lang at VFL, but perhaps SoJ gets some slack because of his surname, if so I'm not sure that helps him because the reward might be unjustified! Yet when the crunch came SoJ came in and Polson was left languishing in the magoos for a few more weeks losing form, hopefully not losing heart! There was some irony we had Murphy out around that time, reducing our run, and we opted for SoJ over Polson.

Obviously having Cunningham missing hasn't helped, he was in reasonable form before injuries cruelled his season.

Of our regular AFL players, only Weitering has gone back and dominated at VFL, like an AFL player should. In that context, if McKay is kicking hard earned bags of 2 or 3 goals at AFL level, he should seriously be kicking bags of 6 or 8 at VFL, but he isn't and that is a tell!
You don't often see bags of 6 to 8 anywhere. Last game he went well, right up in the best players, took 8 marks even if it was just the one goal.

The NB's don't often kick 8 so I wouldn't be expecting one player to come in dominate so suddenly in such a $hit team. Kennedy was never doing that great in the VFL for Carlton but now he's an absolute star for the Eagles.

Reply #236
Seb Ross out for Saints, Bailey Rice in...we should win easily IMO...no excuses given the team we are playing is devoid of any star players.....

Reply #237
Seb Ross out for Saints, Bailey Rice in...we should win easily IMO...no excuses given the team we are playing is devoid of any star players.....

A big out - he always gets plenty of the ball for the Saints.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #238
Ross out might have tipped the scales in our favour.

Reply #239
Would love us to kick 100 pts some how tonight.