Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 36045 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #30
Pick a FF next weekend or clean out your locker Brendan,  you're on notice.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #31
Didnt know Tom could play, coach and list manage?

Although Richmond did improve when they had that ill fated challenge.....

Nothing motivates like fighting for your life!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Kennedy looks like a workhorse to me, a bit of a plodder with no real class but he has a dip and keeps at it.
Those types you want to pick up in the third round or as rookies like Ed Curnow, you don't want to be trading good draft picks for them.
Why we were interested in Lang I have no idea.

If you revisit that swap you quickly find out he actually didn't cost us much in terms of a trade.

Which tells you a little bit about what we thought we were getting.  We swapped pick 28 for him.

Perhaps we are being unrealistic.   Sam Docherty looked a bit average in his first season with us too, but a year later he really improved.  Let's hope this happens again (Kennedy was more surplus to requirements than Docherty was).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #33
Kennedy is a solid foot soldier. He doen't have X-factor but could be useful with more talent around him. I don't see him as much more than that and have no expectations beyond that atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #34
Both Lang and Kennedy had very interrupted pre seasons....don't judge them yet!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #35
I agree, they both need a full pre-season then a string of games before we can tell what they bring. I do like patches of what I've seen from Kennedy. Lang is a worry at this stage, doesn't seem to want to put his nose over the ball when required

Reply #36
I agree, they both need a full pre-season then a string of games before we can tell what they bring. I do like patches of what I've seen from Kennedy. Lang is a worry at this stage, doesn't seem to want to put his nose over the ball when required
this
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
Both Lang and Kennedy had very interrupted pre seasons....don't judge them yet!

Do interrupted pre-seasons explain not contesting, or being brushed aside by a teenager?

Lang is a worry at this stage, doesn't seem to want to put his nose over the ball when required

Lang's not a worry, because players like him are a dime a dozen!

Cripps is the worry!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
I saw St Kilda play earlier this year and they were shocking, as bad as us in fact.
If we bring our competitive game we can beat them, provided we pick another tall forward even if it's Casboult.
I can't believe I just said that but desperate times call for desperate measures.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #39
Got a lot of injuries the Saints and they dont have the star power of Cripps and Charlie Curnow...I'd expect to win but it doesnt change anything..
Remember that Stkilda are a failed rebuild and are where you would expect them to be and bottom 4 material for a fair while yet.......
My son in law to be is a mad Saints fan and said he expects to lose by 5 goals......

Reply #40
I saw St Kilda play earlier this year and they were shocking, as bad as us in fact.
If we bring our competitive game we can beat them, provided we pick another tall forward even if it's Casboult.
I can't believe I just said that but desperate times call for desperate measures.

It was one reason Levi was still needed, to be the big body to take the heat from the younger key forwards. Yesterday was a case in point, although he is out of form, so at least go with another key forward. No matter what form Levi is in he'll get alot of respect from the opposition, meaning he'll take a couple of defenders. His presence makes life way easier for Charlie. He'll still get a few shots for goal too, hopefully not 0.3 next time from his 4 kicks. I'd take 2.1. Opposition were never going to respect a ruckman at FF so they'd near all go to Charlie.

Reply #41
It was one reason Levi was still needed, to be the big body to take the heat from the younger key forwards. Yesterday was a case in point, although he is out of form, so at least go with another key forward. No matter what form Levi is in he'll get alot of respect from the opposition, meaning he'll take a couple of defenders. His presence makes life way easier for Charlie. He'll still get a few shots for goal too, hopefully not 0.3 next time from his 4 kicks. I'd take 2.1. Opposition were never going to respect a ruckman at FF so they'd near all go to Charlie.

I'd prefer McKay but he seems to be on the outer for some reason.
We've seen the best of Casboult and it's nothing flash, there's nothing to lose by running with McKay or Kerr, or both, for the rest of the season so we get a better idea of where we're going in 2019.
I'd even give DeKoning (?) a few games and see what he's got.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #42
I'd prefer McKay but he seems to be on the outer for some reason.
We've seen the best of Casboult and it's nothing flash, there's nothing to lose by running with McKay or Kerr, or both, for the rest of the season so we get a better idea of where we're going in 2019.
I'd even give DeKoning (?) a few games and see what he's got.

Probably best going with McKay/Kerr now as they need games for our future, but that's one reason Levi's around, his big body helps the younger key forwards. He'll always get the respect of the opposition, which means less defenders for the younger forwards as they further develop.

I was with De Koning having a crack this week against Brisbane as I thought, at least at the time, it was a good game for him to debut in. He has a hamstring injury though.

Reply #43
I was with De Koning having a crack this week against Brisbane as I thought, at least at the time, it was a good game for him to debut in. He has a hamstring injury though.

Both the Lions rucks are over 100kg, one of them is listed at 107kg which is probably conservative at best! De Koning is a relative lightweight.

The Force Awakens!

Reply #44
Both the Lions rucks are over 100kg, one of them is listed at 107kg which is probably conservative at best! De Koning is a relative lightweight.

Agree...DeKoning had an extremely bad lacerated kidney, he probably doesnt a knee in the back from a 107kg unit until he gets some kegs on the frame and know how....