Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 35808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #121
Phillips injured and Casboult didn't play on the weekend after being dropped so surely McKay plays this week, if not you have to think that we're just marking time until Lukosius.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #123
http://
Saints have been wrecked by injury and have nothing up forward, Charlie Curnow should kick 5 plus this week and be the leading forward on the ground.....

Membry and Billings have hurt us in the past and we haven't been able to get a handle on Steven.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #124
http://
Saints have been wrecked by injury and have nothing up forward, Charlie Curnow should kick 5 plus this week and be the leading forward on the ground.....

Leading forward?
He'll be the only forward on the ground.

Reply #125
Phillips injured and Casboult didn't play on the weekend after being dropped so surely McKay plays this week, if not you have to think that we're just marking time until Lukosius.

McKay or Kerr at least.

Idiots probably go and pick Lobbe.

Reply #126
Membry and Billings have hurt us in the past and we haven't been able to get a handle on Steven.

Membrey kicks straight so he doesnt need many touches to hurt you but without the other supporting forwards he has been struggling to get the ball and Billings has
been out of form for most of the season but I take your point he needs minding.
Steven is probably the one who we need to put more work into and Seb Ross.....the little kid Gresham has also been kicking goals and I reckon they might line him up at FF on Jones in a repeat
of the Nathan Buckley pet move of rotating smalls at FF in an effort to exploit Jones, Rowe etc lack of pace, agility.
I still think we can beat the Saints given the two best players on the ground are Cripps and C. Curnow...both should dominate given the lack of opposition and guide us to victory...

If we lose to Skilda thats about as low as we get IMO and will require the club to act either on the coaching staff or playing list severely at trade time.....

Reply #127
Membrey kicks straight so he doesnt need many touches to hurt you but without the other supporting forwards he has been struggling to get the ball and Billings has
Steven is probably the one who we need to put more work into and Seb Ross.....the little kid Gresham has also been kicking goals and I reckon they might line him up at FF on Jones in a repeat
of the Nathan Buckley pet move of rotating smalls at FF in an effort to exploit Jones, Rowe etc lack of pace, agility.
I still think we can beat the Saints given the two best players on the ground are Cripps and C. Curnow...both should dominate given the lack of opposition and guide us to victory...

If we lose to Skilda thats about as low as we get IMO and will require the club to act either on the coaching staff or playing list severely at trade time.....

I think we should too unless we go with that idiotic game plan again that allowed Brisbane to have 309 uncontested possession and 24 marks inside 50. Not a game plan we understand too well.

Reply #128

If Weitering and Marchbank both miss it will be a very weak side that we put on the park, St Kilda will need to be every bit as weak as you say.
The only decent player I can think of who might be a possible is Byrne, McKay probably for Phillips but then it's O'Shea or Mullet again.
There's no scope to drop anyone after such a spiritless performance, players are getting games by default.
We aren't in a good place.

Reply #129
Am i missing something with Byrne?

Every man and his dog seemed to think he was a walk up start to take over the docherty role.
Yes, he's been injured, but he did SFA when he actually got a chance to play.

Reply #130

Every man and his dog seemed to think he was a walk up start to take over the docherty role.

Agree...turnover merchant and loose defender.......be a delist for me....

Reply #131

Was much more impressive in 2015 before he got injured, will be interesting to see what he can produce if retained but I have Williamson miles ahead of him.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #132

He's first year back after a significant set back, and looked ok taking players on just opposition was prepared and expected it and got the balance between defence and offence wrong and then he got injured.

As it turns out he's another one who's injury prone.

For someone who didn't have a significant injury he's missed a lot of footy.  Sure he wrecked his knee a couple years back and has been so so ever since.

It's amazing we could have used Dylan Buckley this season.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #133
Agree...turnover merchant and loose defender.......be a delist for me....

Don't think he'll make it now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #134
I'm not willing to throw in the towel with Byrne yet. But he does have some work to do. Most of it is simply game awareness and that comes from being on the field. Unfortunately he is fragile, like too many of our players.
Live Long and Prosper!