Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 35450 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 16: Pre Game Prattle: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #150
Am i missing something with Byrne?

Every man and his dog seemed to think he was a walk up start to take over the docherty role.
Yes, he's been injured, but he did SFA when he actually got a chance to play.

No, I agree. Ive never seen anything from him that makes me think he can play.
I cannot understand for the life of me, why he is still on our list.

Reply #151
No, I agree. Ive never seen anything from him that makes me think he can play.
I cannot understand for the life of me, why he is still on our list.

x3...I said I would delist him previously...

Reply #152
Byrne was a very nice kick, but I think that has diminished over the years.

He had great acceleration and top speed, but again, not sure if it remains, or if it will ever be the same, but it is something we lack.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes, and a little sad really but AFL is a tough business that takes no prisoners!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #153
Byrne was a very nice kick, but I think that has diminished over the years.

He had great acceleration and top speed, but again, not sure if it remains, or if it will ever be the same, but it is something we lack.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes, and a little sad really but AFL is a tough business that takes no prisoners!

I won't be surprised if he's in the side this week, the club has a high opinion of him.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #154
The latest news is that Phillips is done for the season.
Marchbank, Weitering and Simpson face tests and none have been ruled out, which probably means that none of them will play.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #155
The latest news is that Phillips is done for the season.

During the game it was reported as a knee, but watching it looked to me like he had done an abductor.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #156
Hamstring according to AFL website

Reply #157
Hamstring according to AFL website

The old miss the goal pulled a hammy trick!

Sorry for being cynical, across all games I saw a few of those last weekend, even a Warnock type miss with delayed onset wobbliness! :o

I've a mate that calls it ruckmen's giraffe syndrome, it takes a moment for the signal to get to the head from the rest, or vice versa! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #158
The old miss the goal pulled a hammy trick!

Sorry for being cynical, across all games I saw a few of those last weekend, even a Warnock type miss with delayed onset wobbliness! :o

I've a mate that calls it ruckmen's giraffe syndrome, it takes a moment for the signal to get to the head from the rest, or vice versa! ;D

Actually a hammy tendon, which is alot more of an issue.

Reply #159
Means we bring back Levi, probably not yet, or one of McKay or Kerr, preferable for the rest of the year.

Our idiot selection committee will probably pick Lobbe...lol.

Reply #160
Actually a hammy tendon, which is alot more of an issue.

Must have been that kick because he virtually walked straight off!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #161
Means we bring back Levi, probably not yet, or one of McKay or Kerr, preferable for the rest of the year.

Aints only have Longer, and they have just lost McCartin so they'll probably go small.

Do we get hold of them if we go tall, would we win enough clearances, is Carlisle back?

In the midfield I thought the Aints did better than us against Port, but I keep in mind any team that plays after facing Cripps in the midfield is sore.

Otherwise the stats seem to suggest we have a draw, I wonder what the odds are?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #162

If we play Levi after dropping him and him not having a VFL game the match committee's credibility would be shot.
McKay or Kerr surely must play, who knows what we'll do if the other three don't come up.
They all play in the back half so I can feel another O'Shea and Mullet coming on.

Reply #163
Just saw an interview with Marchbank, said hes seeing a cardiologist tonight, but wasn't worried about it because "its happened before"? i didn't know he had this recurring problem?

Reply #164
If we play Levi after dropping him and him not having a VFL game the match committee's credibility would be shot.
McKay or Kerr surely must play, who knows what we'll do if the other three don't come up.
They all play in the back half so I can feel another O'Shea and Mullet coming on.

Harry should play every game from this point on in 2018....
Finals, then 4 in a row!