Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 1 2020: Post Game Post Mortum: Carlton vs. Richmond (Read 12912 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 1 2020: Post Game Post Mortum: Carlton vs. Richmond

Reply #120
23 tackles is putrid even if you add 20% on to make it 29.

Our tackling average last year was 63. The lowest team in the comp was 57.

This is the thing that I find perplexing. Ffs our girls lay 70 tackles, ferocious tackles, in an equal length game. That's when they win 😕
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #121
What's the statistical definition of a tackle, has anyone checked the replay to see if that stat is real?

Didn't Hodge say after half time our tackling was up and that we'd we had almost that many tackles in just one quarter, not sure if he referred to the 2nd or 3rd!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #122
This is the thing that I find perplexing. Ffs our girls lay 70 tackles, ferocious tackles, in an equal length game. That's when they win 😕

AFL tacking numbers were way down across the board, although our's were still very low. Geelong only had 8 tackles to half time before kicking up a bit more. Maybe low crowds have mentally reduced intensity. It is hard to get past the feel of "scratch match" atmosphere. Plus the unlimited interchange allows less fatigue hence more hard run.

Reply #124
https://www.afl.com.au/video/388813/he-s-the-luckiest-man-in-the-competition-right-now?videoId=388813&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1584795790001&tagNames=ProgramType:Programs&references=AFL_COMPETITION:1

Watch from about 13.00 onward.
Cant argue with that. So when are we going to stand up?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #125
https://www.afl.com.au/video/388813/he-s-the-luckiest-man-in-the-competition-right-now?videoId=388813&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1584795790001&tagNames=ProgramType:Programs&references=AFL_COMPETITION:1

Watch from about 13.00 onward.

Gulp.

At least DT said we're here to win at the end of his bit, rather than being defined by pressure and competitiveness.

As for taking the season opener off us... too early to call. Let's see how we're tracking later in the year.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #126
Gulp.

At least DT said we're here to win at the end of his bit, rather than being defined by pressure and competitiveness.

As for taking the season opener off us... too early to call. Let's see how we're tracking later in the year.
Last win was 2012, thats the tell for me. Personally I would much prefer to not play in the opener, lay low until we are competitive. Ditto Fri nights. Now I know you will all say we were competitive on Thurs night, we were for 2.5 qtrs a round 1 loss is a round 1 loss and I think the pressure and scrutiny before and after is unnecessary.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #127
Last win was 2012, thats the tell for me. Personally I would much prefer to not play in the opener, lay low until we are competitive. Ditto Fri nights. Now I know you will all say we were competitive on Thurs night, we were for 2.5 qtrs a round 1 loss is a round 1 loss and I think the pressure and scrutiny before and after is unnecessary.
Agree, prefer we avoided the opener and Richmond. You are on the back foot early and
we are a team that need to build momentum before we take on the better teams IMHO.

Reply #128
Watching the round this weekend we are far from the worst team going round. Barring a shocking first qtr and an awful last 5 min of the 2nd, a qtr we had been well on top, we were on top for most of the game. Just can't play such a bad 1st qtr and expect to win though no matter what. We had've hung on at the end of the 2nd qtr and it would've been most interesting. We have looked better though than some sides that won this weekend.

Reply #129
Working out the maths, our score of 81 in a 64 min games is the equivalent of scoring 102 in a full game.

Reply #130
I'm pretty sure our score would've beaten 13 other teams

Reply #131
If there is no more football in 2020 (this is likely) we will have won 7 less games but finished several places higher on the ladder compared with 2019