Skip to main content

Poll

Who hates Jacob Weitering the most?

Bruce William McAvaney, evil always has three names.
[ 2 ] (33.3%)
Cameron Ling, has always wanted some ears of his own.
[ 3 ] (50%)
David King, good bandwagon jumper.
[ 0 ] (0%)
Tim Watson, but then he's a CheatsFC man!
[ 1 ] (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 03, 2020, 08:00:00 am

Topic: The King of Weitering Haters (Read 1577 times) previous topic - next topic

The King of Weitering Haters

I wonder if anyone else felt uncomfortable listening to McAveney's continual side-swipe berating of Weitering, he talks about Weiters like he's doing a Jason Tutt when he should be doing a Buddy Franklin!

Off to the gerontologist Bruce, the fat lady is singing!
The Force Awakens!

Re: The King of Weitering Haters

Reply #1
Couldn't vote because they're all rotten,  although Ling's anti CFC bias is getting tiring, the sly digs and verbal clips are almost as bad as Macaveney's continual fawning over some seagull who kicks a Joe the goose goal.

Weitering was massive last night.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #2
I wonder if anyone else felt uncomfortable listening to McAveney's continual side-swipe berating of Weitering,
Only thing i noticed was him pointing out that he was doing a good job.

How many games of Weitering do you reckon Bruce has called?
We are not allowed on friday night games, so its usually round 1 each year and maybe one other match if we are lucky.

Bruce made mention of the time he kicked 3 against the tigers previously (i was waiting for the 'on Alex Rance' but it never came).

Most of the friday night matches we've been in, we've been thumped and not many key defenders look good during a thumping, so it could be somewhat surprising to see Weitering playing well given his previous viewings off him and how limited they have probably been.

Reply #3
Weiters must have run over McAvaney's cat!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
I must have been watching a different game, they were singing his praises all night.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
I must have been watching a different game, they were singing his praises all night.
Not McAvaney, he qualified his comments relative to the inconsistent or by inference an underperforming past! FMD, he's talking about Weitering while we are watching Dow and Cunnigham!

It was an underhanded slight of Weitering, nothing more and nothing less. McAvaney was in a negative headspace, the tell was at the end when McAvaney stated he found it very hard to find something positive to say about the game in general. Then he should retire!

Brayshaw and Hodge came to Weitering's defence, it was only after that McAvaney stopped make references to Weitering being inconsistent and slights about historically underperforming. Ling stayed in the shadows, or under a rock, whatever his preferred environment might be. You could also tell when Richo chipped in at one point on the McAvaney feedback, based on the tone of Richo's voice, that he was a bit uncomfortable making a comment.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Not McAvaney, he qualified his comments relative to the inconsistent or by inference an underperforming past! FMD, he's talking about Weitering while we are watching Dow and Cunnigham!

It was an underhanded slight of Weitering, nothing more and nothing less. McAvaney was in a negative headspace, the tell was at the end when McAvaney stated he found it very hard to find something positive to say about the game in general. Then he should retire!

Brayshaw and Hodge came to Weitering's defence, it was only after that McAvaney stopped make references to Weitering being inconsistent and slights about historically underperforming. Ling stayed in the shadows, or under a rock, whatever his preferred environment might be. You could also tell when Richo chipped in at one point on the McAvaney feedback, based on the tone of Richo's voice, that he was a bit uncomfortable making a comment.
He doesn't get enough praise overall outside our club walls. His development has been steadily improving year after year.  Never had it easy playing in our back 6 and was given massive jobs from day 1.

Only had one indifferent year and that was not without reasons. Had a few sickening hits and was being swapped all around but once settled in defence he is now a rock there, and IMO our number one tall defender. Reliable, strong one on one and great intercepting mark who is consistently clean with ball in hand. Not much more you can ask of the kid and think he will play 300 games and be a great for us.

Still remember him on draft night looking down on the CFC logo when he put the jumper on.

If even half the players we drafted developed steadily like he did our rebuild would be were it should be.

Love this bloke and will defend him to anyone. Also reckon he is as loyal as they come too.

Reply #7
When it comes to concerns about our Club, Crippa comes last, second last is Weiters. Move on.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time