Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572945 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1515
The batsmen have tried to grind and just bat,  hopefully somebody can cash in late in the day and put some scoreboard pressure back on this mob.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1516
Two rank chop ons, but that shot from Handscombe.  FMD Pete,  what were you thinking???

Reply #1517
Paine's batting - on a par with Marsh?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1518
Two rank chop ons, but that shot from Handscombe.  FMD Pete,  what were you thinking???

He has a woeful technique, nice bloke but not test level.....I guess a chop on from him is better than his usual straddle the crease and get plumb LBW hitting across the line....
Head isnt that gifted but at least seems able to graft and from a bloke with a limited overs background initially he does put some value on his wicket....
Hopefully we can get a small lead and out them under pressure, batting last wont be easy, Ashwin is a skilled operator...

Reply #1519
Paine's batting - on a par with Marsh?

Sean Marsh is a perennial tease, one good knock in six and he seems to survive to the next test series, he needs dropping for good.........I prefer Carey to Paine but the latter is the skipper and in charge of making Aus cricket pure and silky clean again so will keep his spot.

Reply #1520
Paine's glove work is top notch and his results to date haven't matched his ability with the bat.  His numbers are OK but a big score would prove his capabilities. They won't drop him but i wonder he will continue after this summer.

Carey is clearly the anointed one and deservedly so.

Reply #1521
Sean Marsh is a perennial tease, one good knock in six and he seems to survive to the next test series, he needs dropping for good.........I prefer Carey to Paine but the latter is the skipper and in charge of making Aus cricket pure and silky clean again so will keep his spot.

Agree Head at least puts a price on his own head..... :)

The rest (Khawaja probably got some family issues in his mind) are a joke... the lack of basic discipline is extraordinary - is the batting coach still Hick?

Shoot him and move on....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1522
Shot selection is fecking awful. 

Reply #1523
Damian Martyn lost a big chunk of his career as a result of a shot far less deplorable than any of these current clowns.....

too much money, too little responsibility these days.

Our rugby union team reeks of the same issues.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1524
Shot selection is fecking awful.

It’s something I have noticed from all players with the bat from both sides. How hard is it to leave a ball outside the off stump that isn’t there to be hit?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #1525
So far it's the bad Starc.

We all know he only needs to get one or two on line to get a result, but getting one or two on line would be a bonus at the moment!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1526
So far it's the bad Starc.

We all know he only needs to get one or two on line to get a result, but getting one or two on line would be a bonus at the moment!

Will come good v the tail

Reply #1527
Starc doesn't come up after a solid first innings hit out and quite frankly, he's been below par for some time. I know it won't be popular but he needs a kick up the backside.   I'd drop him,  he's not pulling his weight.

Reply #1528
Starc doesn't come up after a solid first innings hit out and quite frankly, he's been below par for some time. I know it won't be popular but he needs a kick up the backside.   I'd drop him,  he's not pulling his weight.

x100 - seems way off his best.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1529
I reckon he's also carrying something, and doesn't appear to be the kind who is effective less than 100 percent fit.