Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572633 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1530
Lyon,  who is bowling superbly,  runs through them today.   We make 300 easily  and win with a session to spare.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1531
Lyon,  who is bowling superbly,  runs through them today.   We make 300 easily  and win with a session to spare.

Glass half full Prof?

It is an attractive scenario - I hope you’re right  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1532
You'd get long odds on an Australian win

Reply #1533
We're allowed to dream... And I reckon we're overdue for a change in fortune.   And just imagine Kohli at the after match presser,  his head would explode.

I'd give the left one to see it.

Reply #1534
We're allowed to dream... And I reckon we're overdue for a change in fortune.   And just imagine Kohli at the after match presser,  his head would explode.

I'd give the left one to see it.

It's not impossible, but Ashwin might have something to say about it.

The thing is even 350 is not out of the realm of possibility in Adelaide, especially given the potential of our batting list. This pitch looks like it's not breaking up, and footmarks for left handers are not in play when Ashwin is bowling.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1535
No chance.
Two of our batsmen can’t score.
We’ve made 300 twice in the last 11 innings with only one century.
Indians still $1.35

Reply #1536
Starc is a pie chucker.  Time to play somebody who wants to play long form cricket, though with these pitches,  why bother bowling pace?

Reply #1537
Starc is a pie chucker.  Time to play somebody who wants to play long form cricket, though with these pitches,  why bother bowling pace?

Not sure if the pitches are the problem. Composure and focus on the job you are paid to do is the issue. It’s one thing to have self belief and confidence. It’s another thing to be figjam. At the moment it seriously looks like Australian cricket won’t produce world winning form for at least ten years. We need to lose what is in the system and bring in new talent that don’t think their sh1t doesn’t stink, and actually work the game. Test cricket is so tough and a real chess game. We have bred too many big bash players. Pujara is a classic example of how to play the game.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #1538
He bowled with more intent after lunch but his body language hasn't been great and the fact that he keeps firing balls down leg suggests a technical issue has crept into his game that needs fixing. 

Reply #1539
Finch needs to get over Watsonitis, more commonly known as "camping blindly on the front foot and missing with the bat" fever.

Reply #1540
It's a bad technique, that's for sure.  On a par with Sharna's overstepping the mark

Reply #1541
Sorry,  but you're not up to it Aaron,  time to play an opener.

That said,  Harris' dismissal was soft,  pathetically soft as well.

Reply #1542
Finch should have reviewed that decision.

Fox Sports are saying he did not hit the ball at all.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #1543
Can't dine out on a good dig in the UAE forever Usman.  That was dog crap batting,  utter dog crap.

Reply #1544
It's a very ordinary top order, as brittle as it gets